• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Digital Camera Do You Use?

Excellent photos, EJay! If I had sharks swimming that close to me I reckon I'd be seeing the tunnel of light too.

Wilkey

Well needless to say I had a sony, guess I drank to much and left it at the bar one night, or on top to a car, who knows. It was an anniversary gift at that. I have been looking to get a new one. I just keep thinking instead I could have another box of smokes.

Canon Digital Rebel (6mp)
-stock lens
-Canon 28-105 USM
-Canon 75-300IS USM
-Macro lense
-Achiever 640 Flash
-4gb IMB microdrive CF card

Olympus Stylus 740 (7.1mp)
-4gb xD 'M' style card for panorama capability

Bought the Oly for a point and shoot as it has a phenomenal startup-to-shoot time, plus is water resistant which is a huge plus on the boat. But for sheer quality the Rebel is hard to beat! Slap the 75-300 image stabilizing zoom on that sucker and long range animal shots are super easy to get. I just hated the idea of changing the lenses on the boat, with the salt air, spray, fish blood and guts...

Excellent photos, EJay! If I had sharks swimming that close to me I reckon I'd be seeing the tunnel of light too.

Wilkey

That is close ! LOL swam right into me.

M0023658.jpg

Well to bad I cant seem to learn how to post a damn picture on a thread, I know stuiped!! Well I have a Nikon, CoolPix S6- 6.0 mega pix, 3x Ed Lens, Pictmotion and WiFi certified. Now what all that means have no clue but you asked what I have, so there is your answer. Maybe one day I will learn how to use it and post pics! :laugh:

sony compact 7.2 thing for the wife

I use a cannon d80 with lens to boots. with lens i shot alot of action wakeboarding shoots and family.

Canon Powershot S50. Way too much camera for me. I don't believe I have ever taken a photo on any setting other than auto.

Canon EOS 20D w/ BG-E2 vertical grip
Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 USM
Canon 580EX Speedlite with Gary Fong Lightshere diffuser
Fist full of CF cards...about 10 or 12GB total
Three LowePro bags/backpacks
A few filters, a couple of fill reflectors, and a bunch of other gadgets, doo-dads, and gew-gaws.

Click for larger version

i use a Canon Elph s440 (4MP 3x optical) and it's been awesome.
I got it a few years ago as a wedding present, and have been using it constantly since. It's extremely durable and the battery lasts forever. This camera travels well, and fits in the pocket without being too annoying. The only problem I have is that the newer models are half as thick as mine, and have a much bigger screen.
I'd definitely recommend this camera to anyone, well worth it. Newegg has later versions of this cam for about 200$, worth every penny.

We just bought a Canon PowerShot S3 IS yesterday. This camera is replacing the ten year old 2 mega pixels camera we had.

The new camera looks like it will do it all, my problem is it has 12 buttons on it and comes with three camera manuals and a software manual. I happen to be the kind of guy who doesn't read manuals until I have screwed something up so bad I'm looking for the 800 help number.

After I figure out the camera my next step to figure out how to put pictures on CP.

Robby

I bought this camera a couple weeks ago to replace my Powershot A70. I was lucky enough to have a friend that had purchased a few of these for his office when they first came out. He let me borrow one for a couple weeks to play around and see if I liked it. And so far, I love it.

Wow, I don't understand why some of you have 3 or 4 cameras? ??? We usually use the digital camera till it breaks, then buy a new one. Currently we have a Kodak V570 and love it. Since we usually take pictures together, I guess we've never had the need for two... although I have a 3MP Samsung in my desk drawer if needed.

Wow, I don't understand why some of you have 3 or 4 cameras? ??? We usually use the digital camera till it breaks, then buy a new one. Currently we have a Kodak V570 and love it. Since we usually take pictures together, I guess we've never had the need for two... although I have a 3MP Samsung in my desk drawer if needed.
it's like cigars KB....can't collect just one!

I just recently got the Canon Rebel XTI w/ lens kit (great camera for the money and my use).
Also have the Canon S500 Elph (My avatar was shot with this camera).

some of your kits are sick...i drool when i hear about "L" lenses...
I've got a canon rebel xt and i love it. i'm working on my lens collection. these hobbies take all my money.

some of your kits are sick...i drool when i hear about "L" lenses...
I've got a canon rebel xt and i love it. i'm working on my lens collection. these hobbies take all my money.

I've also got a Canon EF 70~200mm f/4.0 "L" lens. Between it and the 17~40, I've got plenty of situations covered.

Nikon D 50 with 28-80mm & 70-300mm kits lenses, and Speedlight SB-800 flash.

Wifey got me Nikkor 18-35mm for my anniversary present. :D

I've also got a Canon EF 70~200mm f/4.0 "L" lens. Between it and the 17~40, I've got plenty of situations covered.
That's some serious glass.

Hell, I'd be happy as a clam with a 14-120mm 3.5-5.6 VR. Honestly that would be all the "walkaround" lens I'd need. Come to think of it, a 24-76mm 2.0 VR would be perfect for those times when I need to shoot indoors and without flash.

Wilkey