• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you like to drink while you smoke?

Ice water, Vodka Martini or Scotch. A good Root Beer once in a while is also good.

Mostly scotch or wine, but a good strong coffee is very good.

I would have to say a good dark beer, Or Port or Scotch. Or water on the golf course.. :D :D :whistling:

Very rarely anything besides good ol' h2o. However, a scotch whisky certainly has its place on occasion as well.

Some interesting responses... 2 that I never even considered... root beer and tea. I think I'll try them...

I am a coffee man generally. I heard Rocky Patel say that he hates hard booze with smokes because it dulls his senses and lessens the enjoyment. I find that everytime I get a new smoke I have not tried before I try to do it with coffee so I can compare all my smokes on a common beverage. Most of time it works but some of them tasted better with other drinks.

Does anyone do milk???

I am a coffee man generally. I heard Rocky Patel say that he hates hard booze with smokes because it dulls his senses and lessens the enjoyment. I find that everytime I get a new smoke I have not tried before I try to do it with coffee so I can compare all my smokes on a common beverage. Most of time it works but some of them tasted better with other drinks.

Does anyone do milk???

I've tried it and it dulls my sense of taste. Some people swear by chocolate milk and cigars, though, so it works for some.

I usually go with a glass of water if it's a first timer. If it's a smoke I know and am comfortable with I usually go with iced tea or coffee, occasionally a beer. If I'm fishing it's usually Coca-Cola or IBC Root Beer.

I've tried a lot of drinks from scotch, bourbon, tequila to beer, hot chocolate, and soda. Water is often the drink of choice when I really want to concentrate on a cigar and not get drunk :laugh: .

I guess it really all depends on the cigar and the environment/mood for me.

Orangeman, do you stick with water because you want to concentrate on the flavor of the cigar?

Yes, that's precisely why I've gone to just drinking water (at least most of the time). I used to only drink beer with my cigars but as I have gone to smoking better smokes, water is much more to my liking so I can get as much flavor from the cigar.

As for Sierra Nevada... that is one of my favorite brews! :thumbs:

In fact, it is seldom that I don't have a six pack on hand. However, in my experience, this is not a very good brew to have with a cigar, as is the case with any pale ale because they are so bitter.

Strong coffee (D'aquino), water (distilled), but usually a nice bourbon (Maker's Mark), cognac (Remy Martin), brandy (E&J XO), red wine. Coffee really is my favorite but at night, I usually prefer the Remy Martin.

I like a nice green tea with most ISOMs. A good tawny port with an LFD or an aged bourbon (Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 20yo) with a PAM.

According to the Greatest Cigar Collector in the World, Mr. Wong from Hong Kong, the best drink to accompany a cigar is:

Coca-Cola

That's right. Coke. My favorite as well. And just in case Mr. Wong ever got bored of making billions, my addy is in the profile. Got my info from this month's James Suckling diary entry printed in CA.

I find coffee or tea go the best for me... Rum, Port and Cognac also good alcoholic alternatives.

Coffee usually, Cabernet Sauvignon occasionally, and water or nothing with smokes I haven't tried before.

I usually drink water or iced tea. Once in a while Dr.Pepper.