• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you look for in a humidor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Chinese and Spanish made humidors do a good job. No need to invest a fortune in a wooden box IMHO.

Knuckle dragging cheapskate.

To that, I'm not in the market for high end storage either. I know of two who are, though. For them, $1K is couch change.

Send them my way, they'll be happy you did. :thumbs:

But remember, he's not out to make any money. It's just a hobby! :rolleyes:

Nope - he's not making money - he's "contributing"... ;)

Now don't be "disrespectful" and "childish". :angry:

I look for clocks in a humidor - clocks, man... Gotta have clocks!!!

tic-tock1.jpg

ElDentesDeskClock2.jpg

I thought we were past this. :sign: If someone pays me a grand for a humi, they'll probably get 2 grand worth. I make very good money with my other 2 businesses and I own commercial real estate. When I build a humidor, I go to my shop AFTER WORK, light a cigar and do some wood work. If I'm making progress, I light another one. When I'm done smoking, I'm done working. I don't have a clock that works in the shop and I don't care what I make per hour. When I'm done, I let you know. By no means would I cut corners to meet a deadline. If I make some cigar money, I did good. If I was out to make money do you think I'd take the time to do work like this. This is a few days work. I could do a dovetail in a few minutes.
362703867.jpg

Do you think I'd use brass hinges or spend a day making wood hinges like this? These are a days work to get them perfect.
362703898.jpg

If you want a clock. I'll do the finest clock I can do. (I didn't do this one though)
362713153.jpg

If you want to build your own, I'll be there to help a fellow BOTL. (Unless I've been disrespected by the person)
If you want to match skills, I'm ready. :laugh:
I bring a lot to the table besides a review once in a while.

How are you with lamps? ??? Do you think you can compete with this?

Lamp2.jpg

What about bird houses?

BirdHouse1.jpg

Sorry to thread jack.
Does it really matter what other site someone is a member of? Does it cause you or you family harm? If you dislike that site so much how would someone know that someone is a contributing member there? I figure if I have nothing nice to say it would be easier to just not say anything at all. Maybe your just the type that likes to cause a fuss.
Thread jack off.

No comment..

I didn't comment on this earlier because I didn't want to cause a rucuss in a seemingly resolved thread but it's been bothering me a bit so forgive me for stepping in. Does anybody else see the irony in this?

Bill, that birdhouse is awesome. Are they for sale? Will you be making the trip down to Hartford next week? I'll have a suitcase full of cash to reimburse you for your materials.

How are you with lamps? ??? Do you think you can compete with this?

Lamp2.jpg

What about bird houses?

BirdHouse1.jpg

Now I want to make some money. You wanna go skills for skills. How much you got? I could turn this into a lamp.
359101245.jpg

Bring it Bro. :thumbs:

Are we having fun yet.

I don't think this is going in a good direction.

If you guys think he is running a business on your site and it isn't OK... how about you talk to the site admins? Don't you think they would step in and put a stop to him supposedly pimping his wares for a profit if they had a problem with it?

I'm sorry, maybe I missed a thread where you were all deputized as watchdogs that were meant to berate anyone you deemed to be on the wrong side of the law that you make up.

If you have a problem with what he is doing, be up front about it. Start a thread about your problem instead of hijacking one of his. Invite the people that have the keys to the kingdom to weigh in, instead of trying to goad him into saying something that will get him kicked off the site.

Talk it out like ADULTS instead of playing these internet mind games.

edit: and it is freaking sad that this brings out the most action I have seen in this place in the entire time I have been here. Use your energy constructively.

I used to post often when it was CL but since the merger happened, I've probably posted less a dozen times.

Now that is simply an outright lie. :rolleyes:

You made twelve posts over there in the past seven days and before that, you made 12 posts in March, 50 in February and 119 in January. The "merger" was announced in October of 2008.

True, your overall participation on the a$$hat site has dropped off lately and your participation here on CigarPass has increased, that's a good thing :thumbs: but PLEASE, don't lie when the facts can be checked very easily. :rolleyes:

You were very active on CigarLive and I'd like more than anything to give you the benefit of the doubt that you've come to the realization that puff.com is a poorly run cigar board run by a clueless loser which is why you've become less active there and more active here.

The only problem is that you are still a whole lot more "active" over yonder than you said you were (or think you were) and that is an item of concern.

Some other more skeptical CP members think you're only setting up shop here because you're seeing the handwriting on the wall over there (the site is dying a quick death) and you need a place to sell your wares for your own selfish purposes.

I honestly don't know what to think because the fact that you quickly lost your temper and started in immediately with the name calling and the childish rants quite frankly surprises me. I would not have expected that from someone your age. Quite a few of your posts in this thread come off as cocky and arrogant (much like another member here a few years back who was trying to peddle his wares) and those who were around back then see you behaving almost exactly as he did and trust me, that is not a good thing. ;)

You can act any way you want, I don't like lecturing to people or bark orders at them so here's some food for thought:

1. Don't add content (posts) to a$$hat boards like puff.com. Your participation there only serves to validate and entity that doesn't deserve to be validated by someone with your skills and talents.

2. Be humble, don't be a blowhard and don't mouth off to the membership here (new or old members).

3. There are A LOT of people watching you right now and your destiny is all in your hands, don't screw it up.

By the way, welcome to CigarPass! :) :thumbs:

If you guys think he is running a business on your site and it isn't OK... how about you talk to the site admins? Don't you think they would step in and put a stop to him supposedly pimping his wares for a profit if they had a problem with it?

I'm sorry, maybe I missed a thread where you were all deputized as watchdogs that were meant to berate anyone you deemed to be on the wrong side of the law that you make up.

If you have a problem with what he is doing, be up front about it. Start a thread about your problem instead of hijacking one of his. Invite the people that have the keys to the kingdom to weigh in, instead of trying to goad him into saying something that will get him kicked off the site.

edit: and it is freaking sad that this brings out the most action I have seen in this place in the entire time I have been here. Use your energy constructively.
:rolleyes:

I'm going to give you a pass because your from Houston.......

Did ya see the 'stros score 3 in the top of the 9th earlier this evening to beat the Reds 4 to 1? Once again Oswalt has the Reds number! :thumbs:

Other than that, you really ought to just quit while you're behind.

Nice! Now that's some talent. :thumbs:

Here's how I feel about this... Like I said earlier, if Humidor Minister wants to participate on other boards, that's his prerogative. I won't lower myself to name calling like certain other forum owners tend to do, just not my style. Every forum has it's feel. All I care about is what goes on at this community. I could care less who participates where.

I don't think he's out to profiteer off the membership here. We have members who are also salesman, as long as the products are sold in the for sale/retailer forum, I'm fine with it. Clearly he has talent, and his work is unique. Personally, I'd rather support the work of a creative little guy over the corporate mass produced product. I've had no dealings with Humidor Minister, and I know no more of him than the next guy. However, it's only appropriate our rules are followed and everyone is treated with respect, unless of course they deserve otherwise.

I'm still waiting for Bill to sell me one of those fancy bird houses. :cool:

Did ya see the 'stros score 3 in the top of the 9th earlier this evening to beat the Reds 4 to 1? Once again Oswalt has the Reds number! :thumbs:

GOTCHA!
:sign:

Bill said that he was going to give you a pass, however I am going to point out something you may not know. CP is a self moderated site with no admins only ht one and only owner/admin Rod, Rob, Bob, hell something like that. I have had my a$$ handed to me before for stepping into a discussion I shouldn't have and I stepped back. i am not scolding you or trying ride your a$$ about this but I am trying to help you out here, don't get involved in this any further or I will bet you will have a few people riding your a$$ soon.

Sam

Yes, Rod is correct no one is saying that people can't participate on other boards.

The reality is that it's common, widespread knowledge that certain "other" :rolleyes: boards are owned, run and moderated by just plain bad people who have mistreated and abused many people over the years. Those who have been mistreated tend not to forget. ;)

Yep, anyone is free to participate anywhere they darn well want to but if you choose to continue to participate on those "other" boards, don't be surprised when people find that objectionable.

Do I really need to explain this any further?

I didn't think so.... ;)

GOTCHA!
:sign:

Oh MAN, that is just plain awful.....

I hang my head in shame and will now go sit in the corner for a while and reflect on this.... :(

386410abusinessman-sitting-in-corner-with-dunce-hat-posters1.jpg

Boy oh boy. I just wanted to hear some new ideas for humidors. To be good at what you do, you must first listen. If I wanted to sell I'd just post in the retailer section. As far as PUFF goes, I agree, Ca-puto said some really shitty things to my friends. When I first heard of the merger I thought it would be a good way to meet more fellow BOTL. I even offered to build a humidor for a contest to get members from the other boards to bomb across boards. Then I heard he said the members of the forums we some kind of rodents. I pulled my offer immediately and that's when my post cound took a dive. I gave away a humidor on cigar live by putting a raffle ticket in a box every time someone bombed someone else. It was a great time. I never sold a single piece there. This was before the anouncement of the merger. I didn't know about CP at the time. As of the last few times I've been there I don't even know anyone any more. Don't worry about my loyalty here my friends, If there's any replies I need to address I'll do so and wrap it up over there.

My next question is, do you still want to see my work or should I keep it to myself. If I want to start retailing my work I'll post in the retailers thread. I'd really rather just show you guys the pics. I have plenty of work to last months and will only do very select projects anyway. I really just thought you guys would like to see some custom humidors in the mix. When I post it, it's already sold. :thumbs:

As far as my attitude today, I started the day by putting the finishing touches on a humidor I was suppose to ship today. I was putting the stop on the lid, everything was fine until the lid fell backwards and broke one of the hinges. This is what set the tone for the day. The pic above is the new one. It took all day to fix it. I dealt with that and all this. Just one of those days I guess. :D I just tell myself "This too will pass" So what's it gonna be? Where do I post my work? Here or elsewhere? Thanks. :thumbs:

Nice! Now that's some talent. :thumbs:

Here's how I feel about this... Like I said earlier, if Humidor Minister wants to participate on other boards, that's his prerogative. I won't lower myself to name calling like certain other forum owners tend to do, just not my style. Every forum has it's feel. All I care about is what goes on at this community. I could care less who participates where.

I don't think he's out to profiteer off the membership here. We have members who are also salesman, as long as the products are sold in the for sale/retailer forum, I'm fine with it. Clearly he has talent, and his work is unique. Personally, I'd rather support the work of a creative little guy over the corporate mass produced product. I've had no dealings with Humidor Minister, and I know no more of him than the next guy. However, it's only appropriate our rules are followed and everyone is treated with respect, unless of course they deserve otherwise.

I'm still waiting for Bill to sell me one of those fancy bird houses. :cool:

This is the issue I've had since day one, is that he doesn't post anything in the retailer forum. He clearly is charging more than his cost in material. Whether or not he is charging a great rate for his labor or not, the fact is that he IS charging for it. Nobody, myself included, would have had a problem with it if he had be upfront about this in the first place, clearly he does amazing work that many would be willing to pay for. Unfortunately he is holding onto this "it's a hobby routine" when he won't answer a direct question and as far a I'm concerned he has lied repeatedly to the membership here.

I agree wish Justin here. Even if you say your not making a "profit", your still selling your work, and charging your labor. So, you should be a retailer. You have your website in your sig, to where people can go there and buy commissioned work. Can I put my business' website in my sig as well, because I am charging a quality service, but say I am not actually "profiting" on the deal?

Bill, I really have enjoyed looking at your work recently, I admire your skills and appreciate you sharing.

I hope the issue of how, and where you post around here can be resolved with no hard feelings so we can continue to enjoy your creations.

I don't mind seeing your work at all, it's absolutely beautiful and it's great to see.

Obviously what has a few people here "wondering" is why you seem to continually insist that this is "only a hobby" when your pattern of behavior and statements seem to indicate otherwise.

You say one thing then appear to be doing something else.

My concern is though is a completely different issue which is that "other" cigar board. By your own admission, you've concluded that place should be avoided yet you continue to participate over there. You misrepresent your activity there by saying "I've only posted over there a dozen times in the past few months." I find evidence to the contrary, call you on it and you refuse to admit you're wrong. Now I'm REALLY starting to wonder about you, your integrity and your character.

You've got to start "coming clean" or your motives and integrity will continue to be questioned on a regular basis.

Here are two suggestions for you:

1. Clarify your real intentions "hobby" or "business." No one really gives a rat's a$$ either way but you've been giving conflicting signals pretty much ever since you've been here.

2. Step up and admit you were wrong about the way you misrepresented your participation over yonder and don't participate over there anymore. Try this, "CC86, you're absolutely right and I was wrong, I misrepresented my participation over there" and don't even bother giving excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.