• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What have you been reading lately?

Suetonius', The Twelve Caesars. I love gossip.

Doc.

Finished The Count of Monte Cristo a couple weeks ago and am about a third into The Three Musketeers.

I've been reading a series by Stephen Hunter. The main Character is named Bob Lee Swagger. Great read I think a lot of you guys would be into it.

Just about to start "The Stand" by Stephen King.

God bless you if you can survive it. I tried years ago and just couldn't make it. :D

I'll be honest with you, I've never been that big of a reader. Plus, I'm still in college so most of my reading has been school-related. But, since the end of the College World Series, I have given up on TV. I feel like everytime I turn on the TV they are insulting me by putting on some of the crap they do. So, I went to a co-worker and told her to give me the biggest book she had. "The Stand" won by a couple hundred pages. I should finish it some time in 2032 so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Just about to start "The Stand" by Stephen King.

God bless you if you can survive it. I tried years ago and just couldn't make it. :D

I'll be honest with you, I've never been that big of a reader. Plus, I'm still in college so most of my reading has been school-related. But, since the end of the College World Series, I have given up on TV. I feel like everytime I turn on the TV they are insulting me by putting on some of the crap they do. So, I went to a co-worker and told her to give me the biggest book she had. "The Stand" won by a couple hundred pages. I should finish it some time in 2032 so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

I used to read all the time, in high school, college and early into my professional career. I was a Lit major, so that helped. :laugh: I've just now started back. If I were you, I wouldn't start with that book. I'd go get The Shining, Salem's Lot or Pet Sematary if you want a King book. IMHO, all three are much better and easier to pick up and get into. I've read a good bit of his stuff and The Stand is just a really slow starter. The others, even though movies, are well worth the read.

If you want something long, go read The Count of Monte Cristo. I read it again after getting into cigars and it is fantastic. Sure, it's old, but that's about all I read now. Another good book from an obscure writer is McTeague, by Frank Norris.

I'm seven books into the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn. If you like the tv show 24, you would absolutely love this series of books.

"The Laws of Simplicity" by John Maeda (very interesting philosophies) and "Lincoln on Leadership" by Donald T. Phillips. I've also been dabbling with learning Russian lately so I've picked up a few books to help me with that.

Got the reading bug back. Don't know how long it will last but I'll take it while I have it! So far I'm a DPG Series JJ Maddie Robo, the tail end of a Johnny O Churchill and an JDN Antano Lancero into The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

The last book I read was very Erudite. I just finished reading Lew Rothmans Catalog. I still consider him the master of writing cigar catalogs.

Read Faucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco and just finished a book today called A Gentle Madness - it is a book about book collecting and has some pretty amusing stories to show the lengths some collectors have gone to (inlcuding a monk that killed 7 or 8 people).

Read Faucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco and just finished a book today called A Gentle Madness - it is a book about book collecting and has some pretty amusing stories to show the lengths some collectors have gone to (inlcuding a monk that killed 7 or 8 people).

oh crap! :whistling:

Finished The Count of Monte Cristo a couple weeks ago and am about a third into The Three Musketeers.

Gotta love Alexandre Dumas. I always read his books while on deployments.

I just finished reading "Common Sense" by Glenn Beck