• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What have you been reading lately?

Just started "Liberty and Tyranny" by Mark Levine. Been on the best seller list for weeks. Should be a good read.

edit to add: Probably will read "Common Sense" next.

Finished The Count of Monte Cristo a couple weeks ago and am about a third into The Three Musketeers.

Gotta love Alexandre Dumas. I always read his books while on deployments.

I just finished reading "Common Sense" by Glenn Beck

Absolutely love Dumas (Count of Monte Cristo is my fav). I'm about two thirds of the way through Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell... Excellent book so far.

Just got done with The Patriot by Brad Thor. I didn't think anyone could top Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp character, but Thor's Scot Harvath may edge him out in my view. Now the problem is waiting for both to come out with their next books as I've gone through both series fairly quickly.

It's cool so far. I need to reread the edited version because it has been a while since I read it. Looking forward to seeing what the differences are. Such a great story.

Just got done with The Patriot by Brad Thor. I didn't think anyone could top Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp character, but Thor's Scot Harvath may edge him out in my view. Now the problem is waiting for both to come out with their next books as I've gone through both series fairly quickly.
Have you read any of the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child? I just finished the latest (Gone Tomorrow). Reacher is pretty bad ass.

I just started Wicked Prey by John Sanford. The Prey series is very good.

Just started "Liberty and Tyranny" by Mark Levine. Been on the best seller list for weeks. Should be a good read.

edit to add: Probably will read "Common Sense" next.

Hey Louie, read it twice so far. It really is a great book. I went to a book signing in Huntington NY when the book was released and sat there for an hour and barely moved. Thousands of people showed up!

Just started Red and Me: My Coach, My Lifelong Friend, about the relationship between Bill Russell and Red Auerbach

Red was known to enjoy a cigar from time to time.

Have you read any of the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child? I just finished the latest (Gone Tomorrow). Reacher is pretty bad ass.

Would you two stop. I'm on book seven (Protect and Defend) of the Mitch Rapp series. Now I guess I have to check out Brad Thor, and Lee Child.

I just finished the third book in the Bourne series by Robert Ludlum. Also finished "The Altman Code" and "Lazerus Vendetta", now I'm reading "The Afghan". :D

A couple of investing books.
Intelligent Investor by Graham and Dodd.
You Can be a Stock Market Genius by Greenblatt.

The Graham and Dodd book is a bible for value investing,
and full of valuable information. Mine is updated by Zweig.

The Greenblatt book is a lighter read, so far, focusing on
spin-off and M&A opportunities.

Of the two, the Graham and Dodd book is by far the best,
but it is also one heavy read. And I'm only 50-60% through it.

Chemyst :cool:

Thanks for the heads up Alan, I'll have to check them out. :thumbs:

Almost through the first volume of "The Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

All the adventures of Sherlock Holmes in one, two-volume set (four novels and fifty-six short stories).

Good reading!

Just finished Under and Alone by William Queen and am currently reading No Angel by Jay Dobyns. Both books are about the ATF's infiltration of Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs in Southern Cali/ Northern Arizona. Both are great books and I recommend them to anyone.

Suetonius', The Twelve Caesars. I love gossip.

Doc.

Good stuff Doc! I just finished reading Suetonius last month and liked it so much I returned it to the library and bought it to revisit later.....

Just finished Conn Iggulden's Genghis, Birth of an Empire last night.

Have been alternating between Patrick O'Brian (Rereading the Aubrey and Maturin series), Conn Iggulden (Emperor and Genghis series) and Edward Rutherfurd (Princes of Ireland and London)over the last few months.

Just started a gifted copy of When you are engulfed in flames
by David Sedaris.

Went into Books-a-Million last night and the first thing I saw was Brad Thor's new book, The Apostle. Needless to say, I whipped out my members card, some money, and am getting ready to start on it.