• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is this world coming to...

Brad,
You know how I feel about the Outlaw I hope you guys beat this.

Really frustrating, Brad....of course I hope for the best for you guys and a quick resolution to the issue.

In WA state, we have one of the nations most restrictive smoking bans. You can't smoke in ANY public building, nor within 25' or any door, nor within 25' of any air intakes...!! No exemptions for smoking lounges, stores, etc. Period. There was a petition drive to allow smoking in cigar stores and designated smoking lounges that fell on it's face because they couldn't get enough signatures to put it on the ballot. Frustrating.

This is worse than folks may believe. Some cities are banning smoking in public parks (outdoors) and some apartments don't allow smoking inside...!! People, don't think this won't happen to you..!! We're "easy" targets in the nanny state mentality that's currently going around and if we don't vote, sign petitions, make phone calls, send e-mail and get vocal NOW sooner or later we'll all kiss our smoking privileges good bye.

Hang in there - B.B.S.

Yea...."upset" does not even describe my feelings on this matter. This is what happens when people don't vote :angry:

Maybe we should get together like to people of Hawaii.

spaceball.gif

Not trying to start too much fire here but you can basically thank cigarette smokers with their "we're going to smoke anywhere we damn please" attitude for most of these bans. Workers health aside the truth is non-smokers got sick of every damn restaurant & bar being filled with clouds of smoke and in WA atleast a popular vote changed things. I think its silly they didn't allow an exception for cigar lounges and such but then they'd likely loose credibility to the cigarette crowd or such. It is a bummer this is affecting cigar lounges but I personally enjoy the lack of cigarette smoke with my meals/drinks now, heck even the smokers I know admit now that they've adjusted that its nice not being around all the concentrated smoke. I'm blown away by it when out of state.

Just my $.02. And no I'm not trolling even though this is a post against the popular sentiment.

A non-smoking cigar store. The idiocy is truly breathtaking...

I'm sorry to hear that it has come to this Brad but I know Kendall will give 'em hell and the rest of the Outlaw staff will be right there behind him. If you guys start collecting signatures or have any other way that we can help make sure you let us know.

Best of luck to you all,

- Tim

Updates?

Been out of town for a while and haven't had a chance to get back to the Outlaw since this thread started...

At least you can still look at Cigars. here in Ontario we can't even do that. Nope, you may get eye cancer that way I guess.

Unbelievable. I hope everything gets resolved. Just a little common sense would help greatly.

".... Kendall tells the guys that he has a copy of a letter from his lawyer that says that we are exempt according to a Missouri statuette that overrides the cities ordinance. "

Sounds like you guys should be okay for now. Just show your ticket and the exemption document to the judge. He's gotta see it in your favor.