• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WHAT IS WITH THIS POKEMON GO?

I asked my son if he heard of this. He said, yes, and that he wasn't interested. He loves the Cards, and nintendo games.

We also just looked into "Inside" due to a lot of folks raving about how fun it is. He decided against that too. So, ultimately, I saved some cash! :D

You didn't answer the most important question.

Who cares?

I think it's great. If it gets people walking, it will do a bunch of good. Not sure I have the time to sink into it, but I enjoy hearing about all of the (mis)adventures people are having.

I'm finding myself reminded (though only very slightly) of William Gibson's 2007 novel Spook Country. One of the plotlines involved "locative art," digital installations which were linked to GPS and could only be viewed through VR headsets---smart phones being considerably less ubiquitous in '07, after all. Hell, I had a clamshell until just a few years ago!

~Boar

Oh, and I shit you not, everyone outside is walking around playing lmao this is weird.

I've done some nerdy stuff, but this is like nerdy-out-in-the-open stuff. It's pretty embarrassing but for some reason I honestly don't care. I'm having a blast and walking a TON. And it's actually helping me walk instead of smoking a cigar which is probably healthy as well. I was up to 2 a day or so and I'd like to be more in the 2-4 a week range. That'll especially help me smoke better sticks and keep sticks longer with age.

Moral of the story? Clearly, Pokémon helps you age your cigars.

I've done some nerdy stuff, but this is like nerdy-out-in-the-open stuff. It's pretty embarrassing but for some reason I honestly don't care. I'm having a blast and walking a TON. And it's actually helping me walk instead of smoking a cigar which is probably healthy as well. I was up to 2 a day or so and I'd like to be more in the 2-4 a week range. That'll especially help me smoke better sticks and keep sticks longer with age.

Moral of the story? Clearly, Pokémon helps you age your cigars.
I bet you wish Misty was there to keep you company ;)

Josh used a lure module at one of those spinny things at the park, and while we were there, like 6+ random people just showed up and sat there to catch Pokemon haha

So how long until some perv lures kids to his van with this craziness.....

I predict this will be seen more often.

Not entirely unexpected, people are starting to play this game where it's completely inappropriate. Both Arlington National Cemetery and the Holocaust Museum have had visitors messing around playing and are trying to get themselves removed from the app. Apparently there is some sort of gas emitting Pokemon that can be caught near one of the exhibits where gas chamber survivors tell their story. Not cool.