• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

Cal Jam 1 Part 2

I have to apologize for the Deep Purple story above that I have believed for almost 50 years. I just found Richie Blackmore's version of the events and I can see how my alcohol/substance fueled mind could have misinterpreted the event in front of me.

I turns out that there was a fake Marshall stack with stage explosives in it. Richie had a fuel soaked rag at the end of a cheap sacrificial guitar that he lit at the time he threw it at the Marshall stack. From my vantage point it looked like it went right into the camera when it really went to the side of the camera, hit the stack causing it to explode almost instantaneously. What happened on the TV end was that the camera overloaded which caused the burst of light and the shut down. I never would have known the truth if I didn't tell the story here and looked into it again. mea culpa.

I frikkin' love Dirty Honey. I can't believe how perfectly their full-strength stuff translates to an acoustic set (the drummer is the unsung hero on that cajón). They wear their influences on their sleeves, yet don't try to clone them (*cough*GretaVanFleet*cough*).

Any of you older Dad's with girls have heard this coming out of their room, and also had to listen to it on a road trip while driving. Well... She moved out ions ago, but I just found myself dusting off the TV groovin to the beat from some playlist i clicked on. LOL. 20 years ago I wouldn't have fessed up to that. 😁

Any of you older Dad's with girls have heard this coming out of their room, and also had to listen to it on a road trip while driving. Well... She moved out ions ago, but I just found myself dusting off the TV groovin to the beat from some playlist i clicked on. LOL. 20 years ago I wouldn't have fessed up to that. 😁
Guilty.