• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

I feel as if Jack White should be more of a household name... he's been making some of the best music over the past quarter century. Period.
Watching all the playoff games, I often wonder if the crowd even knows that they're chanting a Jack White song over and over (Seven Nation Army)?

If you have a really good home set-up, this is one that'll really make it shine:

I heard this song during my first visit to the Netherlands for work. That was probably 20+ years ago,and I couldn’t believe it was on the radio, unedited. I thought it was a catchy tune then, and I still do.

I like Lilly . . .

The link works but the lyrics don't tranfer I guess...

Its April 1973 and I had just been transferred to Cherry Point NC. I didn't know anybody didn't and wasn't allowed to have a car so it was hang around the base or catch the bus into Havelock which wasn't much of an improvement, However, my platoon Sgt like all good ones, saw to it that I had something to do by telling me I was going with him to visit his wife's inlaws in Charlotte about 4 hours away.
So we get there about 9 that night, had a late snack while everybody fussed over me like I was some long lost cousin.

The next morning I helped with some chores and at around lunch time we were sitting on the porch listen to CW that I didn't have a clue about when an ad for a concert that night comes on saying that tickets were still available. I mentioned that would be a cool show to go to when my Sgt's wife's younger sister (who was still 3 years older than I) said that she and her boyfriend were going and if I could get a ticket I could tag along. So she calls her boyfriend at work and asks him to pick up a ticket if they were still available when he got off.

About 4 he rolls up in a 66 GTO (which made him the coolest guy in the world at that moment) and off we go to the 5PM show. There were some empty seats but not a lot that I could see but this was the line up that didn't sell out the stadium.

Brownsville Station,
Wet Willie,
ZZ Top,
Mahavishnu Orchestra,
Marshall Tucker
Allman Brothers Band

How the Mahavishnu Orchestra got into that lineup I don't know but they weren't a crowd favorite. It was my first time hearing Marshall Tucker and it made me a fan.

Last edited: