• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

Elvis didn’t write ANY of his songs. Neither did Sinatra, but I won’t take anything away from either one of them…
I beg to differ, Sinatra wrote at least half a dozen charted songs although none were big hits, and he started Reprise Records so artist could retain more control over what they wrote and performed.

I love this song on its merit alone, but it also gets me really jazzed up for a Vegas trip (which is happening next in 23 days, not that I'm counting). The video is very cool as well if you are a bit of a Vegas nerd like me.

I love this song on its merit alone, but it also gets me really jazzed up for a Vegas trip (which is happening next in 23 days, not that I'm counting). The video is very cool as well if you are a bit of a Vegas nerd like me.

Wow! You are the only person I have ever meet that knows who Nikki Lane is... Love her...

I beg to differ, Sinatra wrote at least half a dozen charted songs although none were big hits, and he started Reprise Records so artist could retain more control over what they wrote and performed.

ok

Wow! You are the only person I have ever meet that knows who Nikki Lane is... Love her...
She's great! This song was my introduction to her (several years ago), but I've since listened to much more of her catalogue. She's very much an old-school type of talent.

She's great! This song was my introduction to her (several years ago), but I've since listened to much more of her catalogue. She's very much an old-school type of talent.
I’ve seen her a couple times and she’s really good! A little weird, but good!🤣
Yeah, I guess she has become a little more known, since I first met her years ago at a New Years Eve party in Dallas... Opening for acts like Chris Stapleton and Land Del Rey will do that for you... I wish her continued success...

So Beyonce has a country album out now, Cowboy Carter, and while I'd never say so on social media---every day all of Twitter picks ONE person to hate, and your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to NOT be that person---I don't like it any better than any of her previous, which is to say, not even a little.

It's not Beyonce's fault. She's brilliant. It's just that, if your stage show involves choreographed dancers, you're probably not playing music I'll like. Beyonce, Taylor, Gaga, Miley, Katy . . . doesn't matter.

But THIS? This is soul!

~Boar

This artist wrote this song, performed this song and didn't OD on the toilet.

YET. Hasn't OD'd on the toilet yet. :D
30 years ago today we lost Kurt. Was that the catalyst that made the Foos so great?

Man, I wasn't a grunge fan back then as a closed-minded metalhead youngster, but I still remember hearing the news broken to my by a good friend on an answering machine message. Unfortunately, that friend is gone now, too. He came out the bright side of a heroin addiction only to have a heart attack on his riding mower one day after years of being clean and sober.

He came out the bright side of a heroin addiction only to have a heart attack on his riding mower one day after years of being clean and sober.

As a recovering addict myself (thankfully not heroin), I can say that the days, months, and years of being clean/sober have been the best of my adult life. I sincerely hope that your friend was able to have that peace as well before he passed.