• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

SKA might just be the easiest and most fun music to dance too. If you are on the beat you match the instruments, if you are of the off beat you match the vocals. There have been 3 waves of Ska with each getting a little more popular. The first in the early 60's didn't make a dent in the US. The second wave in the UK at least brought it to the attention of the US with bands like the Clash having major Ska influences. The third was home grown with Rancid, Sublime, Reel Big Fish, Mighty Mighty Bosstones and othersWhat keeps it from being even more popular is that it is hard to play well early. If you know 3 chords, can do a 4/4 beat and 2 different notes on a bass you can play a fair number of rock songs. those same 3 chords will cover a bunch of country songs too. But Ska you have horns and they are harder to play well early. You may disagree but you would be wrong. Now take those horns and have them counter play off the beat or the vocals and have the rest of the band interact requires better playing and musical understanding then most popular music. So if you want to have a great time find and support your local Ska bands.

This is a remake of Prince Buster from 1964. I still do a couple of steps of the Madness Walk now and then.

Another 2nd wave

3rd wave Ska-Punk without horns

3rd wave classic style

Last edited:
MMM Just for clarity all the music is being created using online platforms, I am not playing all these instruments. This one is written for every abused or abandoned child. Was able to use some AI to create a boys choir, which is how I wrote the lyrics to be sung…

Last edited:
MMM Just for clarity all the music is being created using online platforms, I am not playing all these instruments. This one is written for every abused or abandoned child. Was able to use some AI to create a boys choir, which is how I wrote the lyrics to be sung…
Sorry man but this is like Luka on quaaludes - too much of a downer for me.

SKA might just be the easiest and most fun music to dance too. If you are on the beat you match the instruments, if you are of the off beat you match the vocals. There have been 3 waves of Ska with each getting a little more popular. The first in the early 60's didn't make a dent in the US. The second wave in the UK at least brought it to the attention of the US with bands like the Clash having major Ska influences. The third was home grown with Rancid, Sublime, Reel Big Fish, Mighty Mighty Bosstones and othersWhat keeps it from being even more popular is that it is hard to play well early. If you know 3 chords, can do a 4/4 beat and 2 different notes on a bass you can play a fair number of rock songs. those same 3 chords will cover a bunch of country songs too. But Ska you have horns and they are harder to play well early. You may disagree but you would be wrong. Now take those horns and have them counter play off the beat or the vocals and have the rest of the band interact requires better playing and musical understanding then most popular music. So if you want to have a great time find and support your local Ska bands.

This is a remake of Prince Buster from 1964. I still do a couple of steps of the Madness Walk now and then.

Another 2nd wave

3rd wave Ska-Punk without horns

3rd wave classic style
I could sing that Madness album from start to finish in my sleep! I’ll be listening to it tomorrow at work for sure! Thanks for the memory!

Reactions: AVB
MMM this week is when we covered Chris Stapleton's "Midnight Train to Memphis" at a Battle of the Bands at 8 Seconds Saloon in Indianapolis. It's one of my favorite venues we ever played. My profile pic on here is from that same stage when we opened for Jason Michael Carroll back in 2021.

AVB's music trivia

It has happened a number of times where a song has been released more than once over the years but this is the only one that I know of where the instrumental version was a hit 13 years before the vocal version was released.

Glenn Miller's version of "In The Mood" released in 1939

The Andrew Sister's vocal version released 1952