• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

AVB's music trivia:

Love him or hate him but Gene Simmons was the first to sign a young Van Halen. In 1976. Gene saw them play at the Starwood in West Hollywood opening for UFO. VH had been playing the club scene since '74 and you could easily find them at the Whiskey, Starwood or Avalon and others. I probably saw them 3 maybe 4 times from late '74 to early '76. Gene talked VH out of a deal with a local Yogurt mfg and offered them some studio time at Electric Lady in NYC to do some demos. Gene also wanted them to sign with Kiss's management group but Paul Stanley didn't and since both had to agree that didn't happen. Gene couldn't do what he wanted to do which he felt would hold the group back so he offed them the demos as payment for cancelling their contract. VH used that demo of Running With The Devil to get their contract with Warner Brothers.
And now you know.

Last edited:
AVB's music trivia:

Love him or hate him but Gene Simmons was the first to sign a young Van Halen. In 1976. Gene saw them play at the Starwood in West Hollywood opening for UFO. VH had been playing the club scene since '74 and you could easily find them at the Whiskey, Starwood or Avalon and others. I probably saw them 3 maybe 4 times from late '74 to early '76. Gene talked VH out of a deal with a local Yogurt mfg and offered them some studio time at Electric Lady in NYC to do some demos. Gene also wanted them to sign with Kiss's management group but Paul Stanley didn't and since both had to agree that didn't happen. Gene could't do what he wanted to do which he fekt would hold the group back so he offed them the demos as payment for cancelling their contract. VH used that demo of Running With The Devil to get their contract with Warner Brothers.
And now you know.

Paul Stanley had been the original choice by management to produce Appetite For Destruction from GNR, but Slash did not want to proceed after Paul made suggestions on how they could/should improve their music on tape, whereas the band wanted their raw, live sound and feel. Enter Mike Clink who, himself, did not feel he was the right person for the job, but the rest is iconic history...

Cinco de Mayo!!! 🇲🇽🌮

I have never understood this at all. Mexico doesn't count it as a holiday, The battle only involved about 8000 men total. The French didn't leave for 5 more years and there was ZERO US involvement. It would be the same as celebrating Ethiopia beating the Italians in 1895 or 1896 - they did it twice!

I have always loved the l lead guitar in this song. It lead me down a rabbit hole in regards to Jesse Ed Davis. One of the most underrated and lesser known guitarist. He was admired by and emulated and sought after by other well known guitarist like Duane Allman, Eric Clapton, John Lennon, George Harrison, & Bob Dylan. The list goes on. He was a guitarists guitarist!
A beautiful example of a Native American, he sadly died at 43 years old. He could play some magic on his Fender Telecaster.

IMG_0632.jpeg

Paul Stanley had been the original choice by management to produce Appetite For Destruction from GNR, but Slash did not want to proceed after Paul made suggestions on how they could/should improve their music on tape, whereas the band wanted their raw, live sound and feel. Enter Mike Clink who, himself, did not feel he was the right person for the job, but the rest is iconic history...

I've always loved those type of stories. Like, how Dave Mustaine tried to recruit Dimebag Darrell for Megadeth, but Dime turned him down since his brother, Vinnie Vincent, couldn't join as well. In the end, it worked out great for both parties, but it would have been interesting to have heard Dime and Vin play on a Megadeth record.

I missed MMM last week (time doesn't exist in Las Vegas), but here's my submission for this week. This wasn't the first song I ever wrote, but it was the first one I felt good enough about to perform in front of people. I recorded it in February 2020 (literally right before Covid hit) but I didn't release it until 2021.

I missed MMM last week (time doesn't exist in Las Vegas), but here's my submission for this week. This wasn't the first song I ever wrote, but it was the first one I felt good enough about to perform in front of people. I recorded it in February 2020 (literally right before Covid hit) but I didn't release it until 2021.

Well done!

I'll keep MMM gong with this one I shared last week with some of the VHERF crew... I cannot deny or confirm that this was written shortly after seeing LDR at back to back concerts last year... But I will definitely deny that in court.. Pineapple :p
That lyric video is very cool. How did you do that?

I'll keep MMM gong with this one I shared last week with some of the VHERF crew... I cannot deny or confirm that this was written shortly after seeing LDR at back to back concerts last year... But I will definitely deny that in court.. Pineapple :p
I'm sure I'll regret this but........ Pineapple?

You need to drop in on the VHERF sometime... Code word to indicate that there could be a female presence within earshot... 🤣

I might have to rethink joining the VHerf…

“Pineapples and swingers... those are two words I bet you wouldn't see in the same sentence.
Apparently, a pineapple on your door is a way to let your neighbors know that you are a swinger. The pineapple represents 'hospitality and welcoming' according to eye spy investigations. A pineapple that is placed on your porch or mailbox by swingers lets everyone know that there is a swinger party going on. A pineapple that is turned upside down is when there is someone looking for a swinger party. Swingers also use the symbol to look for each other in public. It is also said that a pineapple left on your front door in the middle of the night is an invitation to join the swingers.”

I might have to rethink joining the VHerf…

“Pineapples and swingers... those are two words I bet you wouldn't see in the same sentence.
Apparently, a pineapple on your door is a way to let your neighbors know that you are a swinger. The pineapple represents 'hospitality and welcoming' according to eye spy investigations. A pineapple that is placed on your porch or mailbox by swingers lets everyone know that there is a swinger party going on. A pineapple that is turned upside down is when there is someone looking for a swinger party. Swingers also use the symbol to look for each other in public. It is also said that a pineapple left on your front door in the middle of the night is an invitation to join the swingers.”
More proof that some people need to get a life.