• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What was your latest purchase of fake cigars?

hexakosioi

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!...mine was a painful one. I paid like $750+ for 5 Montecristo Robustos Millenium (Cuban)!!! I know how dumb of me. Well how did I know they were fakes? Well...they tasted like shiza to start with!

Just giving out some advice here: [If you find any of them millenium jars...you might wanna take these into consideration]:

1. If the owner is selling them individually...most likely they are fakes. A good cigar salesman sells them by the jar.

2. If the jar has been opened, even once...they are fakes!

3. If the owner is Persian...they are fakes...lol. Yeah never trust those guys, believe me. I do not care if I ruin their reputation, I am Italian and they deserve it.

4. Do not buy them even if you think they are authentic, they are almost impossible to find and do not waste your money.

Note: I live in Vancouver, Canada...so that price tag up there is pretty reasonable for such production.

Please include pictures if you have any.

I tell ya them counterfeiters are getting on my nerves, they are worse than Hitler man :angry: !!!

Have any pics of the cigars? Always nice to see what the fakes are looking like. Though # 1 and 2 are both incorrect, and well really the rest of your list is wrong. Sucks you got burned.

Have any pics of the cigars? Always nice to see what the fakes are looking like. Though # 1 and 2 are both incorrect, and well really the rest of your list is wrong. Sucks you got burned.

Well I have asked every respectable cigar store here, and they all told me those were a definite indication of a fake millinum.

I know I know...the Persian thing was uncalled for.

The fact that the one on the right is shorter and looks a little mis-shapen isn't good for sure.

So . . . living in Vancouver, Canada . . . where genuine Cuban cigars can be legally and easily obtained from reputable dealers, you paid $150 per cigar for dodgy merchandise from suspect sources?

Yes, we DO all learn somehow. Hopefully.

~Boar

Well I have asked every respectable cigar store here, and they all told me those were a definite indication of a fake millinum.

What information did the respectable stores give you that would indicate these are fakes?

The pictures that you took aren't very clear but from what I can see The cigar on the right is only slightly shorter when stood up next to the other two. It looks to be 1/16 shorter or so which is a normal variance. Also the bow in that same cigar is not nessesarily an inditation of a fake here. When a jar of these cigar begin to be consumed the spaces that remain allows the other cigars to lean against the sides of the jar creating a slight bow. As far as the taste of these cigars they do not have the normal Monte profile you may be use to. So again I'm not sure what reasons were given to you as to why these are definately fakes.
Don't get me wrong here I'm not saying their real either. The pictures are not clear enough and of course taste is the ultimate test.

Bob

Bob

What information did the respectable stores give you that would indicate these are fakes?

The pictures that you took aren't very clear but from what I can see The cigar on the right is only slightly shorter when stood up next to the other two. It looks to be 1/16 shorter or so which is a normal variance. Also the bow in that same cigar is not nessesarily an inditation of a fake here. When a jar of these cigar begin to be consumed the spaces that remain allows the other cigars to lean against the sides of the jar creating a slight bow. As far as the taste of these cigars they do not have the normal Monte profile you may be use to. So again I'm not sure what reasons were given to you as to why these are definately fakes.
Don't get me wrong here I'm not saying their real either. The pictures are not clear enough and of course taste is the ultimate test.

Bob

Bob

I know, I am using the iphone camera which is not that great.

3. If the owner is Persian...they are fakes...lol. Yeah never trust those guys, believe me. I do not care if I ruin their reputation, I am Italian and they deserve it.

No, you didn't ruin their reputation, just yours.

As far as the cigars go, it's really too tough to tell if they are legit or not. The pics aren't the greatest. The question is, do you trust your source? And from your post, it looks like you don't. Have you purchased anything else from him before?

The new White Owl 'White' Grape Limited Editions ...figures, I heard they weren't out yet but I jumped on them anyway.

Turns out the ones I bought were counterfeited in Newark, NJ instead of being made in Dothan, Alabama.

I knew something was up when I lit the first one...it tasted like a cigar.

Serves me right.

Not that I'm Persian/Iranian, but pointing out the ethnicity of anyone involved is not needed and a bit offensive.

The new White Owl 'White' Grape Limited Editions ...figures, I heard they weren't out yet but I jumped on them anyway.

Turns out the ones I bought were counterfeited in Newark, NJ instead of being made in Dothan, Alabama.

Serves me right.

I'm pretty sure the White Owl LE for 2009 is the Strawberry Kiwi flavor. If only someone had a website that told us these things. :p

I tell ya them counterfeiters are getting on my nerves, they are worse than Hitler man :angry: !!!

ummm.....

The last time I bought a fake cigar was probably back when I was 8 or 9 (but I could blow bubbles!!!!). Since then all my cigars have been smokable, some better than others.

Serves me right.

I'm pretty sure the White Owl LE for 2009 is the Strawberry Kiwi flavor. If only someone had a website that told us these things. :p
Jason...the Strawberry Kiwi was the 2006 release.

The 2009 LE is the WHITE GRAPE...scroll down and you will see they are marked as a "New Limited Release".

I've have since bought from this exclusive dealer I linked to. You may want to jump on a few boxes before they sell out. They really smoke much better after they have aged a few days....so be patient.

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!...mine was a painful one. I paid like $750+ for 5 Montecristo Robustos Millenium (Cuban)!!! I know how dumb of me. Well how did I know they were fakes? Well...they tasted like shiza to start with!

Just giving out some advice here: [If you find any of them millenium jars...you might wanna take these into consideration]:

1. If the owner is selling them individually...most likely they are fakes. A good cigar salesman sells them by the jar.

2. If the jar has been opened, even once...they are fakes!

4. Do not buy them even if you think they are authentic, they are almost impossible to find and do not waste your money.

Note: I live in Vancouver, Canada...so that price tag up there is pretty reasonable for such production.

Please include pictures if you have any.

This kinda sucks cause even if they were legit when you bought them, as soon as you open the jar they become fake?

I didn't even catch the Hitler comment. That crosses the line, no matter if you are comparing to the worst.