• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's been your most enjoyable cigar?

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
I've smoked a good many cigars over the past few years, anything from Macanudos to Milleniums, Cuban Dunhills to Watermelon White Owls, but last night I had the most enjoyable cigar I've ever smoked. There was no special occasion, no special "mood", I didn't drink anything with it, the weather outside wasn't anything special, so there were no extra circumstances to make this cigar better. It was a Fonseca Cosacos from 1998 that cigar smoke had gifted me. I like Cosacos, but this one was extraordinary. Not sure if it was the age but this was hands down the best cigar I've ever smoked. The only other cigar I think that has even come close to being this enjoyable is a BBMF. So, I was just wondering what cigar that may have surprised you (as these are $3 smokes) as far as price point and enjoyability.

I was gifted a Sir Winston from 2003. I smoked it a couple of months ago and it was by far, the best cigar I have ever smoked

I've had a couple I've been surprised by. Most surprising was a non-cc Ramon Allones Brioso from the mid/late 90's. Up next being an Anejo Shark and Triunfador.

PAN 64 Torpedo - one of if not the best sticks I've ever had. Probably had a year of down time on it.

An awesome smoke; no fruit or nuts or other exotic flavors to speak of. Just the sublime taste of fine, well aged, flawlessly blended tobacco.

Amazingly, I've had 2-3 year old 2000's that reminded me very much of that special smoke. They lack the detail and complexity of the '64 but the family resemblance is there.

My first (and every one since) Padron 1926 #2. My all time favorite smoke.

Mine would have to be the Boli Gold Medal I smoked last year at the Padron event at the Outlaw. It was from the newest release of these, so it had very little age on it. I wasn’t expecting a lot from it being so new, but it was spot on. Spicy, but not to much. Lots of creamy, smooth flavors. I also enjoyed it in good company, with good friends.

I have not been smoking long, and my memory sucks, but the most enjoyable I can remember is a My Father Lancero

A couple of years ago, I smoked a Millenium during the Superbowl and it was the best so far. Hope to have even better yet.

Ken

I was gifted a Sir Winston from 2003. I smoked it a couple of months ago and it was by far, the best cigar I have ever smoked

I remember the first one of these I smoked put me in a damn trance!

This is a tough one but I have to say either the Sir Winnie, an '04 Siglo VI or a Trini Fundi from the same year. All just absolutely incredible cigars! I don't know though, those damn H. Upmann PC's from '98 were fantastic! Then there were Greg's '03 Boli PC's.... :love: This is a trick question, right?

Mine is an Ashton ESG that I smoked to christen my new apartment when I lived in Lawrence, KS. I wasn't surprised at all by how good the cigar, but more so that I completely forgot I had it in my humidor for about a year and a half.

Hemingway Signature Maduro that was gifted to me by one of the BOTLs here.

A close second would probably be a Padron 2000 Maduro, also gifted.

Probably a 2000 Don Carlos Senior Blend that was gifted to me at a herf. A fine BOTL busted open a bundle of them and handed them to each of us. Not only was the cigar fantastic but the company was too.

Coming in at a close second would be a PSD4 from '98 that I smoked to celebrate the birth of my first daughter. :love:

Padron 1964 Anniversary Series Exclusivo Maduro by far.. I will be buying a box in the near future. Though I still haven't touched my Fuente Opus X Robusto 1992 Rare Estate Reserve yet. So we will have to see.

I'm having a really hard time with this one. Way too many choices so I'll go with the most recent.

The Padron 80th Maduro I smoked two weeks ago was in one word, exquisite. It's was practically perfect.
I'd have to give a 97+ easily. I don't believe in a perfect (100) cigar, but this particular 80th was damn near.
It was dark, really oily, great draw and burn. The flavors complimented each other harmoniously.

I have also smoked some 80ths that were just really good.

Go figure.

(i've got a bunch of 45th maduros that in 3 months or so will easily compete.)

Bob has been known to dip his cigars in hallucinogenics. :thumbs:

They are good. Different, but good. For me, I regularly enjoy '01 Upmann No. 2s. Something about that cigar matches well with my goat palate.

This is a tough one Jonesy. I've been gifted so many great sticks ;) . But a stick that I go to with no expectation and it blows me away every time I burn one is La Riqueza #4. Besides that stick id say a H. Upmann Mag 50 EL lived up to the hype for me.

Brian

Really hard to say. I have what I call memorable cigars in my grey matter. I.e., a smoke that I will never forget.

My first VSG which was an illusion

A CAO Extreme Churchill (never even close to being repeated)

Tatuaje RC-184

A well aged Oliva Grand Cameroon robusto

A 2006 PSD4

A 2006 Monty 2

My first Pepin which was an El Rey de Los Habanos

A Chateau Fuente Maduro back in like 1991

Pre Sandanista Joya de Nicaragua ( several boxes ) back in 1991. All amazing!! All gone :(

Really hard to say. I have what I call memorable cigars in my grey matter. I.e., a smoke that I will never forget.

My first VSG which was an illusion

A CAO Extreme Churchill (never even close to being repeated)

Tatuaje RC-184

A well aged Oliva Grand Cameroon robusto

A 2006 PSD4

A 2006 Monty 2

My first Pepin which was an El Rey de Los Habanos

A Chateau Fuente Maduro back in like 1991

Pre Sandanista Joya de Nicaragua ( several boxes ) back in 1991. All amazing!! All gone :(

Wow! Those sound amazing!

On the day I got married, I smoked an HdM from the Seleccion Robustos set of 5 that was simply amazing. What was cool was that she picked up the sampler in Spain the previous year. That cigar had loads of flavor and was very peppery with a long wonderful finish, by far the best of the sampler, IMO. To me, it was much stronger than a regular Epi #2, which I like, but this one was more complex. I have smoked some great cigars since that day nearly 4 years ago, but none have come quite as close to perfect as that one did (not for the lack of trying, though).