• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your glass? 2015

Four roses single barrel. I forgot how good this stuff is. Very consistent.

From Santa, a little four roses single barrel after some BBQ pulled pork sandwich.
d758c0fe0d0587b2d4e3eb21fc582978.jpg

Edradour Barolo Cask Limited Edition.  Very nice Scotch; dried cherry and candied ginger flavors, a little young at 8 years but its youth brings more oak and a bit of fiery spice into the mix.

~Boar

JW Gold.  Little bugger's been hiding in the back of my cabinet about 1/2 full.  I've been trying to cull the heard as my opens had been a little out of control.  Very nice dram, better than I remember it is definitely a little soft almost too smooth but, it has a very nice profile.  I fear that this bottle will not be around much longer.  :)

Put it out of its misery!  Do it fast!  I haven't had the JWP yet, but the JWG is very enjoyable to me.  Have you tried it out of the freezer?  I went to a Johnnie Walker event and that's actually how they served it. It did make a difference.

khari said:
Put it out of its misery!  Do it fast!  I haven't had the JWP yet, but the JWG is very enjoyable to me.  Have you tried it out of the freezer?  I went to a Johnnie Walker event and that's actually how they served it. It did make a difference.
Will do!!  I had another healthy dram last night.  It is a very nice whisky and more complex than I remember. 

Freezer huh?  I would have never thought about doing that.  I will put some in a 100ml glass and pop it in.  I am curious to see how it performs.  Agreed on the Platinum, I haven't sprung the $ for it.  There are too many other options in that price range.  I did pick up the JW Gold Reserve, or new edition gold, at a duty free a few months back.  I have yet to open in though. 

Greggj77 said:

Will do!!  I had another healthy dram last night.  It is a very nice whisky and more complex than I remember. 

Freezer huh?  I would have never thought about doing that.  I will put some in a 100ml glass and pop it in.  I am curious to see how it performs.  Agreed on the Platinum, I haven't sprung the $ for it.  There are too many other options in that price range.  I did pick up the JW Gold Reserve, or new edition gold, at a duty free a few months back.  I have yet to open in though. 

I haven't drank he gold label reserve since I go the bottle nearly a year ago.  I messed up by having the thought that it would be like Gold. It was a big letdown.  I'll try the Gold Reserve again at some point.

Last night I polished off a bottle of Highland Park 23 Single Barrel that was bottled for Park Ave Liquors back in 2006. I wish I could find more of that stuff.

Going to start into a bottle of Hibiki 17 year tonight, picked up at the duty free in Tokyo last week. 

Had a pour of Masterson's Wheat Whiskey. Not too shabby.

CMontoya79 said:
From Santa, a little four roses single barrel after some BBQ pulled pork sandwich.
d758c0fe0d0587b2d4e3eb21fc582978.jpg
Not going to lie....

That's a nice combo.... pulled pork and single barrel!

Last night:

Blantons
Orphan Barrel Lost Prophet 22
WhistlePig Boss Hog
Jeffersons Presedential 17

BigJake6904 said:
Last night:

Blantons
Orphan Barrel Lost Prophet 22
WhistlePig Boss Hog
Jeffersons Presedential 17
Man what I line up.  Good for you.  Those are some damn good whiskey's.  I Love the JPS 17 in particular.  I know there are variations in batch #'s mine are all lower and have been absolutely phenomenal juice.  Thankfully, I think I still have 2 or 3 bunkered.

How was the boss hog?  I enjoy the WP 10 and have been very intrigued by the Boss Hog, as I love most anything Barrel Proof, but the $189 price tag is a big pill to swallow for a 12yr Rye. I was about to pull the trigger last month I had it in my hands but, decided to replace my Balvenie 17yr Double Wood instead.

Oh and Khari, you will be pleased to know the JW Gold has been laid to rest.  I put about 150ml in the freezer and had a couple drams.  I have to say, It was a very enjoyable experiment.  I think the cold closed it up a little on entry and as it warmed slowly it began to release its flavors it really transformed into a dangerously drinkable, light sweet dram, I think doing this subconsciously made it appear as if it had a little longer finish as it warmed and opened up it really began to shine.  Either way, chilled or neat,  it is a really nice dram and I would definitely do it again to a portion of the bottle if I had another.  

This has me thinking what other whisky's this may work with.  I am thinking I am going to try an Icy Islay maybe a Ardbeg 10 or Laphroaig QC might lead to a different experience.  Thanks for sharing, it was an enjoyable experience.

Anyhow last night for me, EH Taylor Single Barrel, a very nice dark fruit and somewhat spicy bourbon.  Good Stuff!

Pappy 12yo Lot B Watching Justification. Always try to pair a nice bourbon with this show.