• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shipment came today :D

I don't know what to choose from.
I think I'll go with McClelland CHRISTMAS CHEER 2008.
You cant go wrong with this one. ;)

C&D Briar Fox - I enjoy the HELL out of this blend!

From the crumble cake presentation to the sweet VAs, this is one you want to try!

Steve

I smoked my first bowl of macbaren plumcake last night. REALLY enjoyed it. Is this considered an aromatic? If so, it is definitely my favorite so far.

MacBaren Vintage Syrian - Mild but flavorful ribbon blend.
SG Golden Glow - Mild but flavorful flake blend.

"Mild but flavorful" day! :p

Had a bowl of McClelland's Virginia #25 this morning. My first bowl of pure Virginia and I really liked it. After lunch I had a bowl of the 965, very rich and flavorful.

Robert Lewis - Orcilla Mixture. A smooth, subtle Oriental in the medium to mild range with no Latakia that I can detect. Very, very good.

Thursday I tried the Bombay blend I picked up and absolutely fell in love with it. I'm starting to wonder if it's the McClelland Bombay as the Virginia sample they gave me was the #25 and I think the English blend was the Dark English Full. I'll have to call and confirm this. But all three have been excellent so far.

G.L. Pease Ashbury. Hmmm, I was sure I was going to like this. The Orientals and the VA seem to cancel each other out leaving just the Latakia in a fairly flavorless, mild, and unexciting smoke. I'll put this one away for a while and try it again after some months in a jar.

Peterson's Irish Flake in my Peterson Rock of Cashel 999. Mmm Aunt Bea, you outdone yo-self!

Byron in Owensboro, KY who's about to become a peterson retailer!

My first Balkin mix:

6 parts SG Golden Glow Virginia, 2 McClelland Blending Oriental, and 2 McConnell Syrian Blending Latakia. I'm skeptical that this is Syrian because it tastes for all the world like Cyprian. It's has good flavor but isn't that more subtle Syrian flavor I like. But this first attempt is about like Dunhill 965 and, with some age, it may be worth smoking in a couple years. :)

Tomorrow I'll add some Turkish with some McClelland perique to it - a pot luck blend just for fun! Who says you can't add perique to everything!!? :D

I added the Turkish and perique last night and it was a vast improvement. :thumbs:

Tonight was a big bowl of Peretti Cuban Mixture in the Alpha deep bowl. Good all day smoke. Never bored with it, burns easily, and no bite.

Cornell & Diehl Sunday Picnic; a VAPER with some Turkish Izmir blended in. I found the VAs to be bright and sweet (and a touch bitey) while the Izmir opened and lightened things a bit. I didn't taste the Perique but rather sensed its presence as a sort of base the rest as built upon. Pretty tasty smoke.

Stokkebye Balkan Supreme - good, bulk English.

GLP Cumberland in a Peterson KillarneyXL02. mahogany Kentucky aged 20 years in bales, Red and matures Virginias, and some perique. Somehow the first time I tried it I wasn't impressed. This time it was great. Very earthy, not even a hint of bite.

Byron

I just had my second bowl of Odyssey and I still think it's too one dimensonal and not even the best heavy latakia blend I've tried.

Key Largo - WOW, great balance with a reasonable amount of latakia that complements instead of overwhelms.

GLP Cumberland in a Peterson KillarneyXL02. mahogany Kentucky aged 20 years in bales, Red and matures Virginias, and some perique. Somehow the first time I tried it I wasn't impressed. This time it was great. Very earthy, not even a hint of bite.

Byron
That sounds like it taste's fantastic.

McClelland Grand Orientals - Smyrna No. 1

Mmmmm. Delicate, fairly mild and slightly sweet with no Latakia. It is "creamier" and slightly less tangy than several other Grand Orientals I have tried so far. Very good.

McClelland Grand Orientals - Smyrna No. 1

Mmmmm. Delicate, fairly mild and slightly sweet with no Latakia. It is "creamier" and slightly less tangy than several other Grand Orientals I have tried so far. Very good.

I smoked my first bowl of this yesterday, I thought it was good myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.