• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been enjoying some of the new McClelland blends. They were re-released after they were so hotly sought after as ORs for the PCCA. Jubilee and Tudor Castle are two I can recommend. They also aged very well from their OR date but are very tasty now, too.

I also have been having fun with "compound blends". These use already existing blends that are altered. Often, it's the odd amount at the end of a tin that I mix with something to make a full bowl. But one I did on purpose was 4 parts McClelland Yenidje Supreme and 1 part McConnell Syrian Latakia. Nice Balkan!! :D

In the middle of a hectic day at work, I enjoyed half a bowl of Squadron leader in a Falcon pipe. It definitely helped the cause.

Just enjoyed some GL Pease Stratford in a new Peterson Shannon 999. :thumbs:

Just finished a bowl of Boswell's raspberry cream in a Ben Wade freehand. I'm not too big into the sweeter blends, but it's nice for what it is.

I had a bowl of Penzance and a bowl of Old Dublin. I am really liking the Old Dublin more and more but the Penzance, when I smoke it correctly, is almost otherworldly. :thumbs:

Boswells Christmas Cookie. Thanks to Jake, he put me on a Boswell bender! :laugh:

A bowl of 4noggins Bald Headed Teacher in a straight billiard Calabresi. Hmmm, nice.

McClellands 5100 Red Flake in a MM Diplomat... perfect for a blending tobac or straight as-is.

Two bowls each of Penzance and Old Dublin. I've stopped trying to load the Penzance in the Frank method and it has been very, very rewarding. Delicious. :thumbs:

C&D Sunday Picnic in the Stanwell Reserve before work and Torben Dansk Red Virginia #3 Superb after.

And Peretti Park Square just now. A BurPer! :D

I had a bowl of GLP Kensington from '03 yesterday. I'm really new to pipes and I'm thinking that I'm not a big fan of Latakia. However, after 5-6 years, this blend is really good.

At the moment, H&H Anny Kake in my trusty DiMonte.

Earlier I packed my Stanwell with soem Yenidje Supreme, one of my favorites.

I'm with you on the latakia but there are several different tupes of latakia blends based on type(Syrian or Cyprian), amount or ratio, and the other elements in the blend. Try Key Largo by Pease, a few of the Frog Morton blends and Grand Orientals by McClelland, for instance.

If you have the dough to spare, eBay has some old Pease Syrian blends but they are very expensive! Also on eBay the Balkan Sobranie and pre-Orlik Dunhill blends make good use of this condiment tobacco. I just had a buddy win a 2002 tin of Nightcap that I'm sure he will enjoy! :D

I'm with you on the latakia but there are several different tupes of latakia blends based on type(Syrian or Cyprian), amount or ratio, and the other elements in the blend. Try Key Largo by Pease, a few of the Frog Morton blends and Grand Orientals by McClelland, for instance.

If you have the dough to spare, eBay has some old Pease Syrian blends but they are very expensive! Also on eBay the Balkan Sobranie and pre-Orlik Dunhill blends make good use of this condiment tobacco. I just had a buddy win a 2002 tin of Nightcap that I'm sure he will enjoy! :D

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the advice. I saw an old 2oz tin of Balkan Sobranie on eBay that ended at 11am today. Of course, I missed it!

I trust all is well!

Rob

Any of you guys that don't like Latakia, just let me know if you want to rid yourself of the evil weed. I'll buy or trade if I can for it. I love it.

I was able to sneak a bowl of Maltese Falcon today. I'm anxious to see how this ages compared to Westminster. I guess I'll find out about both in about 3-5 years. :laugh:

I don't care for the Latakia smell or after-taste; so I just had a bowl of 1 part Prince Albert to 1 part McClelland 5100 Red Cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.