• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Steve, I appreciate the advice. I saw an old 2oz tin of Balkan Sobranie on eBay that ended at 11am today. Of course, I missed it!

I trust all is well!

Rob
All's well and I trust with you, too! I forgot to mention the McClelland PCCA blends they just released. Very nice latakia blends among them. Jubilee has just a touch and Tudor Castle a tad. :p

I smoked a bowl of Orient 996 from the aforementioned PCCAs today. A bit more latakia than the other two but still not cloying. It will age very nicely and I plan on cellaring a few tins.

Some Stratford in a Dunhill Cumberland and then some Old Dublin in a Peterson Irish Army Billiard.

Carter Hall on the way home from a visit with my oldest daughter and the grandkids. First time I tried it in a happy accident. I like it! A little PG but not so much you notice it. Like it should be used.

Good, sweet burley with just a bit of bright
Never gets surly and hardly any bite.

:D

Penzance.
What a lovely smoke, I can't get enough of this blend, it would be on top of my favorite list.

I am having a nice bowl of SG Golden Glow in a new no-name Italian bent billiard.

Ashton Artisan's Blend, if you like Latakia I suggest you try it.

Smoked a bowl of Berry Cobbler from carddoug this morning after work. Excellent early morning tobacco. Very smooth. Thanks again Doug, I'm really enjoying these!

Last night I had a bowl of Rattray's Marlin Flake; a mouth-wateringly sweet, grand VA. Later I had a bowl of pipesandcigars'com's Anniversary Kake which is a blend of various VA's and a decent helping of Perique that are then (I believe) stoved and seriously pressed into a rich, dark crumble cake. Quite a different take on a VAPER.

Qiving Latakia a try again... not too bad this time... I think in awhile I might even have Latakia as my favorite component... atm having 1 part Bald Headed Teacher to 1 part Westminister... getting used to the aroma...

I am having a nice bowl of SG Golden Glow in a new no-name Italian bent billiard.
I just tried that recently and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Got it mainly for blending but it's damn fine as is, IMO. Sweet and toasty!!
Also sold in bulk as a "Light Virginia Flake" ;)

Today, I mixed HOTW with Carter Hall, 50/50. Very enjoyable, too!

sinnyc, I bought a half pound of the Anny Kake and put most of it up to age. Now at only 4 months later it's smoothed out nicely. I like the VAs in that VaPer!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.