• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the cooler weather forces me inside, I have been smoking a lot of Captain Black and 1Q lately. I did pick up a tin of Christmas Cheer, but I'm waiting until after Thanksgiving to crack her open.

Been smoking a lot of Virginia blends lately. Of what I've smoked in the last month or so, Briar Fox from Cornell & Diehl has been a standout. It's a great VA blend.

I just ordered some of this.
Hopefully they really haveit in stock.
Added a couple of other harder to find tins to my order, which really lowers my confidence that they actually have all of my order in stock.
Keep your fingers crossed.

As for what I've been smoking today, I cracked open a tin of Squadron Leader, that I've had for a couple years, about a week ago. Been packing a bowl every other day.

The past couple nights I have been smoking Boswell's Magnum Blend. It's pretty good so far. Nice touch for a solid smoke for anytime of day. Thinking about a bowl of Nightcap next.
B

Fired up some Penzance in an old Kaywoodie 51S with a bottle of Yards Tavern Porter before dinner.

Squadron Leader. Had trouble keeping It lit, but enjoyed it!

Started this AM with a bowl of good ol' Carter Hall in my Hackert deer antler cob.

More Squadron Leader in my Peterson. That pipe works great with this blend.

Looking for a nice Meer. CP search ain't helping.

SG Navy Flake today after work. Very good stuff.

Some SG FVF today. Heaven. Still learning to pack flakes though....

Fold and stuff or the air pocket method works best for me depending on the consistency of the flakes. It takes some practice, but flake tobaccos are well worth it. :love:

Fold and stuff or the air pocket method works best for me depending on the consistency of the flakes. It takes some practice, but flake tobaccos are well worth it. :love:

Ive been doing the fold and stuff, but mostly having trouble keeping it lit. Today was better, but not great. Might pick up some Stokkebye Flakes to mess around with...

Been smoking a lot of Virginia blends lately. Of what I've smoked in the last month or so, Briar Fox from Cornell & Diehl has been a standout. It's a great VA blend.

I just ordered some of this.
Hopefully they really haveit in stock.
Added a couple of other harder to find tins to my order, which really lowers my confidence that they actually have all of my order in stock.
Keep your fingers crossed.

As for what I've been smoking today, I cracked open a tin of Squadron Leader, that I've had for a couple years, about a week ago. Been packing a bowl every other day.

Finally got some Briar fox. Very very nice and elegant tobacco. I really like it. I have some blending Perique that I'm going to mix in a bowl. Been really enjoying doing that lately.
Thanks for bringing it up, Alan.

I'm just glad you didn't think it was garbage. :laugh:

I find it to be a pretty subtle blend. I think that's why a lot of folks find it to be one dimensional. It does need the right pipe, it seems. I have a Boswell that it smokes it splendidly. I also have a Danish Stanwell that makes it pretty ho-hum.

Hopefully, I'll be enjoying a special smoke tomorrow. I've set aside a specific blend to smoke after I get my first deer in several years. (I haven't hunted since my hunting buddy [Grandpa] passed many years ago.)

Blue Mountain for me tonight.

Ive been doing the fold and stuff, but mostly having trouble keeping it lit. Today was better, but not great. Might pick up some Stokkebye Flakes to mess around with...

Grab some Luxury Navy Flake. I got it hoping to substitute it for Sam Gawaith Navy when it was harder to come by. Turns out they don't compare, but LNF is a fantastic smoke in its own right. I have never had much luck with fold and stuff, I just rub out the flake (actually I kind of crush it in my hand). I find the tin lasts longer that way, too.

Blue Mountain for me tonight.

Grab some Luxury Navy Flake. I got it hoping to substitute it for Sam Gawaith Navy when it was harder to come by. Turns out they don't compare, but LNF is a fantastic smoke in its own right. I have never had much luck with fold and stuff, I just rub out the flake (actually I kind of crush it in my hand). I find the tin lasts longer that way, too.

LNF is definitely on my list! I will hve to try just a standard rub method too. Maybe I'll have less issues that way.

I had a bowl of McClelland's Christmas Cheer '09 with my coffee this morning. I've been on a McClelland kick lately though. It seems that's all I've been ordering! Between that, Anniversary 2010, and Dark Star that's all I've been smoking lately!

Squadron Leader today after work. Love this stuff... Glad I don't smoke to often or my wallet would be killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.