• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas Cheer '08 last night in my Boswell.

Tin Aroma: Typical McClelland ketchup/vinegar smell, but really rich and smokey.

Appearance: Broken pressed flake, dark brown with hints of lighter tobacco pressed between the darker flakes.

Moisture: Out of the tin it was too moist, but I laid a pipeful on a paper towel for about 2 hours and it was perfect (our apartment is very dry due to the New England winter weather and having the heat on).

Packing: I cut the flake into cubes and gravity filled the bowl about 3/4 of the way then rubbed out some flakes and packed on top to light.

Lighting/Smoking: Lit fine, went out a few times but always re-lit with no issue. Tobacco was a nice rich VA blend, with a nice sweetness left on the palate. I tried to smoke it as slow as possible, as I could feel a bit of bite when puffed harder. A lot of subtle characteristics (mostly different sweet /spicy notes) with this but I think I am going to give this a week or so since opening and see if it changes. This blend should age very well, and I have another tin that I will leave unopened for a few years at least.

Room note was hard to gauge, but my girlfriend, who was on the couch next to me, said it did not bother her at all, and wasn't bad.

Definitely recommended if you are a VA fan.

This was a great review. I have some '07 I have been waiting to try.

Had a bowl of Sweet Tea in my Boswell Classic Sitter, then a bowl of Orlik Golden Sliced for my first bowl in my new Boswell Churchwarden, and am working on a bowl of Northwoods right now.
B

I had my first bowl of sweet tea today in thought it was verry good. And i hate to drink tea, I think it taste awful. I was surprised when i started smoking it. two thumb's up for this aeromatic

Two bowls last night...

Carter Hall/Butternut Burley blend in a cob...

Maltese Falcon in a meerschaum.

A great night... :thumbs:

I need to find a meer one of these days. Every time I see one I kind of like, it turns out to be very small.

Sneaked in a bowl of Penzance last night. Always great.

I need to find a meer one of these days. Every time I see one I kind of like, it turns out to be very small.

The only reason I bought the one I have is because of the size. It was the largest one I found locally.

gallery_8010_839_9299.jpg

I also wanted one that was smooth with little detail...I love this pipe. It smokes English tobaccos like a champ.

Northwoods out of my cob that Alan gave me. :thumbs: I think I'll be buying a briar after the new year.

Frog OTT today (first time frog smoke ever!)

I'm such a noob at it, it was so good I kept drawing too fast, so the darn thing would get so roarin' hot I couldn't hold it.

Enjoyed a few nice bowls today. Pease Cairo in the DiMonte, Pease Robusto in same, and St James Woods in the Sav Mr G.

I'm getting spoiled by this 5YO St James Woods in the Mr G. Very enjoyable combo! :)

I had a bowl of the McCranies Southport (McClelland's Bulk 2015) and absolutely loved it. This was my first foray into Perique territory and I like it. Alot. This was really wet and I ended up drying it out for almost 5 hours on my drive over to Omaha. It finally felt almost crispy and I packed it into my white Kaywoodie. I tried Benjamin Buttons technique of puting some smaller, intact flakes in the bottom of my bowl and rubbed out some more and packed it on top. A little hard to light but once it got going I was rewarded with something I hadn't experienced before. I do suffer from the gastrointestinal disease Doc has referred to before so I tend to associate flavors with food and to me this was like smoking jalapeno jelly. It was sweet and hay-like and I could feel some spice on the back of my throat that really added to the whole thing. The pouch smell was almost a ketchup smell to me and the room note was a dried hay and woodiness. Being my first VaPer I can't really say how this compares to other blends but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would love to hear other recommendations of good VaPers you guys enjoy.

I do suffer from the gastrointestinal disease Doc has referred to before so I tend to associate flavors with food and to me this was like smoking jalapeno jelly.
Doc diagnoses some reviewers as suffering from "gustatory hallucinations and severe simile dysfunction" - not quite the same thing gas or constipation :laugh:

But I agree that McC 2015 is good stuff! :thumbs:

That's the term, gustatory hallucinations. One of the best things I've ever read on here. :laugh: :thumbs:

Northwoods out of my cob that Alan gave me. :thumbs: I think I'll be buying a briar after the new year.

Excellent! I'm glad you've gotten some use out of the pipe and are continuing with it. That was the intent of the packs.

Thanks for posting that. :)

I had a bowl of the McCranies Southport (McClelland's Bulk 2015) and absolutely loved it. This was my first foray into Perique territory and I like it. Alot. This was really wet and I ended up drying it out for almost 5 hours on my drive over to Omaha. It finally felt almost crispy and I packed it into my white Kaywoodie. I tried Benjamin Buttons technique of puting some smaller, intact flakes in the bottom of my bowl and rubbed out some more and packed it on top. A little hard to light but once it got going I was rewarded with something I hadn't experienced before. I do suffer from the gastrointestinal disease Doc has referred to before so I tend to associate flavors with food and to me this was like smoking jalapeno jelly. It was sweet and hay-like and I could feel some spice on the back of my throat that really added to the whole thing. The pouch smell was almost a ketchup smell to me and the room note was a dried hay and woodiness. Being my first VaPer I can't really say how this compares to other blends but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would love to hear other recommendations of good VaPers you guys enjoy.

I think that you would like the AC Peterson Escudo.
B

Since just getting into pipes, I just tried my first bowl of Escudo. It was amazing stuff, great flavor and it doesn't want to go out like others I've tried -- it smokes forever as well, for a good hour and a half outa one bowl of this. So far I've smoked:

24 Karat
Frog OOT
Escudo

Christmas Cheer is next!

Smoked sum Charing Cross in my Savinelli Lollo.

gallery_1871_761_77999.jpg

Cornell & Diehl "Red Carpet" and then some G.L.Pease "Cairo"

Status
Not open for further replies.