• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Grilled a ribeye tonight. Never thought I'd say this, but it came out a little too rare. When telling Josh, he asked me where my backup fish was. I died of laughter :D:p

Last night went to one of my favorite bars for some wings. My favorite wings, by the way.
qn0d37.jpg

Tonight, grabbed a couple pupusas and some ceviche from the Vchos food truck. Seriously impressed. Very good stuff.
2ajx30y.jpg

It was really good. Not sure what type of fish they used, but it was a white fish, obviously. It was a special and it's not on their regular menu (at least not on their website http://vchostruck.com/). It had diced mango, cucumber, not sure what else. They drizzled some type of sauce on it, in addition to the citrus juice. Maybe it was sriracha mayo or sriracha crema? Well, all I know is that it was awesome and I'll have to grab some more next time I eat from their truck.

Got sick off balogne and cheese sandwiches with mayo several times in kindergarten. Still can't eat balogne or mayo 36 years later.
Lol those sandwiches remind me of my childhood. I definitely don't eat balogne anymore and can only eat a little mayo on sandwiches, otherwise the stuff grosses me out!

Try pan frying the Bologna, get it from the supermarket deli, not Oscar Meyer. Oh and you can toast the bread and use mustard, sharp cheddar and you've got a whole nother beast.

Came up to the beach house for my 4 day weekend and my parents joined so we bbqed tonight. Korean marinated beef and Thai chicken. When they come back from crab hunting we are doing s'mores.

Going to grill some bacon/jalapeño wrapped shrimp and ribeyes this evening. Along with a mix of baby portabellas, fresh carrots and zucchini.
Today marks the 5th anniversary of the Joplin MO tornado that killed 161 people and it was a life changer for us and something I will never forget. We were some of the lucky ones.

Try pan frying the Bologna, get it from the supermarket deli, not Oscar Meyer. Oh and you can toast the bread and use mustard, sharp cheddar and you've got a whole nother beast.
I do like the stuff actually, just haven't eaten it in a looooong time. Never had it pan fried though!

I hate to admit it, but I love fried bologna.

Doc

I don't mind bologna, but I have to recount a story from my ex-wife---she grew up really poor, especially during the years between her dad leaving and her mom remarrying, and during that period, she invited a girl from school for a sleepover. Her mom worked really late, so she cooked dinner for them both.

Fried bologna. On a plate.

She says her friend just looked at the plate and started to cry. :oops:

~Boar

When my kids were small we went through a couple of lean years financially. So we are a LOT of bologna sandwiches. So I began pan frying it and made the slit from the center to the edge so it would lay flat and called them PacMan sandwiches. The kids loved them.

Fried Boar's Head Bologna and Cream Cheese on a bagel! (don't like saltier cheeses with Bologna).
Taking mayo in a sack, to school, and if no refrigeration, is definitely a no-no.

Possibly making Meatball Pizza for dinner. We might go to Buffet instead. My boy's choice today.

Jimmy John's near me clears out their bread, dirt cheap, at night. Not great for sandwiches, but good for Bread Crumbs or "Pizza".

ETA: He chose Meatball Pizza "with a ton of cheese". :)

Last edited:
Date night last night was not the normal farm to table, popular in-the-know dining experience for me and the wife. Well, actually it was an extremely in-the-know experience....because anyone who knows about the snack bar at a specific local bowling alley knows that the burgers are date night-worthy. And I'm normally a taco purist, but man when they are cheap, sprinkled with white shaker cheese and need a spoon because they fall apart...that's good eating.

13267709_10153815182093853_3290291105045193949_n.jpg