• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

They have late night "Galaxy Bowl" that's popular and a lot of league play in the fall and winter, but we just go there to eat once in a while. We'll definitely take our 3 year old down there to bowl when it gets oppressively hot, they set up lanes for kids with those bumpers in the gutters. It used to be wide open for smoking, but now no smoking until 9pm or later.

Its about the only sport where a short overweight Italian can kick ass and take names.

Since I can't shoot pool to save myself, I should probably bowl.
My dad can beat anyone in pool without them even taking a turn lol

Yes, but I just supervise my son. Thank goodness he's finally past the stage of running down the lane to correct the trajectory. :confused:

Bowling is the only sport my father and I played together. I have very fond memories of Gold Crown Lanes. During my high school years, we bowled every Monday night. for the KofC. in the late league. Those Mondays, during the Fall and Winter, were the only times I remember him closing the store 15 min. early in order to get to the lanes on time.

Doc

I wanted a sandwich all day, so a nice Italian Sub drowned in Balsamic and Olive Oil with a side of Kettle Chips, for dinner. My son didn't want to eat. Last couple of days of school and he said they had food all day long. Burgers, pizza, snacks, candy, etc.

Tonight we had tortellini with ground lamb tomato sauce and garlic bread. The sauce was Costco brand because I was being a lazy Italian.
Oh, like making a proper sauce is a lot of work. That's what we want Anglo-Saxon types to think. As a first generation Italian-American, I can proudly say, I've never, ever even tasted store bought sauce.

Doc

Oh, like making a proper sauce is a lot of work. That's what we want Anglo-Saxon types to think. As a first generation Italian-American, I can proudly say, I've never, ever even tasted store bought sauce.

Doc
Hah! When I was a kid, even mentioning wanting some was a corporal offense. Be very careful with the words "Chef Boyardee"
I have tasted it. My ex bought it a few times. It's hideous.

Like my mother used to say, Chef Boyardee is like something a pregnant woman leaves behind in the morning. Italian women can be very descriptive.

Doc

I've pondered transitioning to making my own marinara and vodka sauces from cento tomatoes. Just gotta set aside a sauce mass perpetration in advance time.

It takes about an hour and half to make a good marinara. Keep in mind all Italian families do it differently. Some use both onions and garlic; some just garlic. Some use sugar others don't. Some even use grated carrot and celery, but all use San Maranzano tomatoes when possible. Cento makes them, so you shouldn't have any problem. Oh, and BTW, it doesn't take hours and hours to cook. That's just disinformation we give out to Protestants.;)

Doc

It takes about an hour and half to make a good marinara. Keep in mind all Italian families do it differently. Some use both onions and garlic; some just garlic. Some use sugar others don't. Some even use grated carrot and celery, but all use San Maranzano tomatoes when possible. Cento makes them, so you shouldn't have any problem. Oh, and BTW, it doesn't take hours and hours to cook. That's just disinformation we give out to Protestants.;)

Doc

But you can't deny that day old sauce is better.

I've pondered transitioning to making my own marinara and vodka sauces from cento tomatoes. Just gotta set aside a sauce mass perpetration in advance time.
Cento is great, and the best I've found in my hood. The San Marzano are their best, but even their non San Marzano tomatoes are better than anything else on the shelf. I'm making a Bolognese this weekend, and also a big pot of Pasta e Fagioli with sausage.