• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Hah! Well, it may have been better to starve. Not great. Also, without my telling them to, they added salt...way too much salt. Who puts salt on Genoa Salami, Capicola, and Provolone? Farking cretins.

That's the sammie I get from them. They've never salted it...and I agree it's plenty salty on its own.

They want you to get a bad case of gout so that you're trapped at home, immobile and eating their food.

I've been tested. I don't have gout. But I feel for y'all that do get it

I've been tested. I don't have gout. But I feel for y'all that do get it

My blood type is either prosciutto or chicken liver, so I am grateful I have not experienced it. My brother in law eats one bite of pork and WHAM! No pork...just shoot me now.

My blood type is either prosciutto or chicken liver, so I am grateful I have not experienced it. My brother in law eats one bite of pork and WHAM! No pork...just shoot me now.

I always thought beef was a trigger. I bleed bacon or beef, depending on the time of day.

I always thought beef was a trigger. I bleed bacon or beef, depending on the time of day.

Not sure, I think whatever meat products make life worth living are the culprits.

Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Bell Peppers. :D

13343122_10209454953080581_2890898053993888811_n.jpg

The recipe, which a friend passed along to me, needs a little tweaking---I didn't caramelize the onions and mushrooms as long as it said to, and I should have; it didn't call for searing the roast beef separately, and I also should have, and it said to bake them hot and fast, but I think they would have been better done longer and slower, to develop more flavor and really soften the peppers.

Still pretty good! :cool:

I made two peppers and only ate one, as shown, and my hunch is that reheated low and slow, the other one is going to be fantastic.

http://www.food.com/recipe/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-peppers-513064

~Boar

Oven "smoked" brisket, a few slices of applewood bacon, a link of smoked sausage, rolls, loaded tater skins, and salad. Brisket came out pretty tasty.
Mmmmm....tater skins :D:D:D

And the rest sounds good too ;)

I was home alone most of this weekend so I had this for breakfast today, missing those old college days indeed.
upload_2016-6-5_14-9-33.png

Pizza is the perfect food. It's got all the food groups, and it sticks to your ribs. What more could you ask for in a breakfast?

Doc
A little Ricotta Forte on that pizza would be nice. Are you familiar with it Doc? It's a Barese thing. I love it, and miss it.

A little Ricotta Forte on that pizza would be nice. Are you familiar with it Doc? It's a Barese thing. I love it, and miss it.

Oh man, is that the really ripe version of ricotta? If it's the same thing, I had someone put it on a cheese board and I thought it was ricotta salata and had my mouth set for feta-style flavor, but this was way sharper and had a very, very, very long finish to it. I didn't dislike it, it's hard to scare me with cheese, but a word of warning would be nice.

Oh man, is that the really ripe version of ricotta?
Yes! We had it with Homemade Orecchiette or in my Grandmother's potato Dough Pizza. A risen / thick crusted Pizza. Cut the slice pizza in half through the dough, like cutting a roll for a sandwich. Spread the Ricotta Forte inside. I used to get it mail order, once a year (40 bucks shipping) but they haven't had any in awhile. I'm jonesing!

Yes! We had it with Homemade Orecchiette or in my Grandmother's potato Dough Pizza. A risen / thick crusted Pizza. Cut the slice pizza in half through the dough, like cutting a roll for a sandwich. Spread the Ricotta Forte inside. I used to get it mail order, once a year (40 bucks shipping) but they haven't had any in awhile. I'm jonesing!

I've only had it the one time, my friend who managed the restaurant always had crazy off-the-menu cheeses, but usually soft ripened stuff from France he'd have to smuggle in due to the FDA frowning on it. This cheese would definitely work better in or on something....the pizza sounds fantastic. Man, I'll bet it would be a mean addition to some arancini.

I'll bet it would be a mean addition to some arancini
Would probably blow your head off.:D
Never had any real savory or intense Arancini. Sounds good! We mostly used fresh Ricotta or Ragu.