• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's Your Latest Purchase? 2015

Man I wish I could walk into a B&M around here in MN and walk out with a selection like that. But at $25 a stick for the Opus, Anejo, Padron's and at least $20 a stick for the rest, there's just no way... Supporting the B&M's around here requires a third mortgage.

I understand and have seen how expensive opus can be. Luckily The b&m I go to sells at suggested retail only. So I get anejo and opus mostly between 10-16 depending on cigar. Most I paid was like 17 with tax on president siglos. I was thinking about offering a run for anejo. They have every size and are all between 10-14. Sharks are $11 + tax.

Last edited:
Yes I had to go pick up some more sharks and don carlos personal reserves before my local b&m ran out and looky looky what I got. Some nice rare opus siglos. I know i need to let these bad boys rest but I can wait. (I think )

Sweeeeet haul! :eek:

~Boar

5x Illusione Epernay Le Elegance
5x La Flor Dominicana LG Diez Cubanitos
5x La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #3s

I understand and have seen how expensive opus can be. Luckily The b&m I go to sells at suggested retail only. So I get anejo and opus mostly between 10-16 depending on cigar. Most I paid was like 17 with tax on president siglos. I was thinking about offering a run for anejo. They have every size and are all between 10-14. Sharks are $11 + tax.

Do they have any more of the Opus Siglos with the yellow band on them? I'd love to get some if so. Thanks!

50 cab of HU mag 50 and 25 box of CS6.

Have been out of the loop for a bit. It is nice to be back.

So much for my moratorium on buying cigars until after the holidays..... Got a fiver of Crowned Heads Las Mareas to sample, a box of the new Illusione ~33's ninfas, and a box of Warped Don Reynaldo's. I am very excited to try Dion's new size, I've never gotten my hands on any of the culebras so they'll be totally new to me. To think...a ninfa that will actually draw, unlike half of the smokes in the many cabs of Punch over the years. The Don Reynaldo's are kind of pricey, but for me they are some of the most "Cubanesque" smokes I've tried.

50 cab of HU mag 50 and 25 box of CS6.

Have been out of the loop for a bit. It is nice to be back.
Welcome back, J!

So much for my moratorium on buying cigars until after the holidays..... Got a fiver of Crowned Heads Las Mareas to sample, a box of the new Illusione ~33's ninfas, and a box of Warped Don Reynaldo's. I am very excited to try Dion's new size, I've never gotten my hands on any of the culebras so they'll be totally new to me. To think...a ninfa that will actually draw, unlike half of the smokes in the many cabs of Punch over the years. The Don Reynaldo's are kind of pricey, but for me they are some of the most "Cubanesque" smokes I've tried.
Let us know how the Ninfas are!

Swung by my B&M today and picked up another box of San Cristobal Fabulosos for the upcoming break (already finished the Thanksgiving box, lol) and a box of Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters---they bought about 100 boxes when they were released and they've been pulling them out about 10 boxes at a time ever since.

~Boar

Man I wish I could walk into a B&M around here in MN and walk out with a selection like that. But at $25 a stick for the Opus, Anejo, Padron's and at least $20 a stick for the rest, there's just no way... Supporting the B&M's around here requires a third mortgage.

Agreed, I have a disdain for being taken for a ride. I'm always for everyone making a profit. Sorry to hear there's not a good vendor in the area.

I think in Brian's case, it's the taxes not gouging at play. Same exact thing for Hawaii. Our tax rate is 50% of the wholesale cost. A $6 cigar online costs 11-12 at the end of the day. I use the b&m to try new cigars or for cigars I like but not willing to buy a box.

Oke's got it! Thinking about finding a B&M in Iowa with the lower tax rate and doing call-in orders or something. Our tax is 95% of wholesale with a cap at $3.50 a cigar. So basically, unless the stick costs under 3.50, or unless the B&M is into the idea of going out of business or not turning any profit, you end up around double MSRP for pretty much any cigar. And I think the tax table doesn't have a cap for us on cigars over $10, so those end up around $25 or $30.

Oke's got it! Thinking about finding a B&M in Iowa with the lower tax rate and doing call-in orders or something. Our tax is 95% of wholesale with a cap at $3.50 a cigar. So basically, unless the stick costs under 3.50, or unless the B&M is into the idea of going out of business or not turning any profit, you end up around double MSRP for pretty much any cigar. And I think the tax table doesn't have a cap for us on cigars over $10, so those end up around $25 or $30.

Yikes! Makes ordering ISOM's even more attractive...