• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's Your Latest Purchase? 2015

Oke's got it! Thinking about finding a B&M in Iowa with the lower tax rate and doing call-in orders or something. Our tax is 95% of wholesale with a cap at $3.50 a cigar. So basically, unless the stick costs under 3.50, or unless the B&M is into the idea of going out of business or not turning any profit, you end up around double MSRP for pretty much any cigar. And I think the tax table doesn't have a cap for us on cigars over $10, so those end up around $25 or $30.

I'm doing some last minute Christmas shopping for the brother-in-law and man, these taxes are ridiculous. Most of my purchases in the last 4 years have been with outstate reputable shops. I like supporting local guys but it's hard to do so when you want your dollars to go as far as they can.

Viaje Candy Cane bundle and 2 of each viaje stuffed turkey dark meat and viaje Full Moon

Oke's got it! Thinking about finding a B&M in Iowa with the lower tax rate and doing call-in orders or something. Our tax is 95% of wholesale with a cap at $3.50 a cigar. So basically, unless the stick costs under 3.50, or unless the B&M is into the idea of going out of business or not turning any profit, you end up around double MSRP for pretty much any cigar. And I think the tax table doesn't have a cap for us on cigars over $10, so those end up around $25 or $30.
CC's at half the price... and with the 2014's and 2015's being touted as the best Cubans in decades... it doesn't make sense to me why anyone would purchase anything else...

Went up to Outlaw at lunch for a smoke, and all the LFD La Nox talk here and raves from an employee got me to purchase a couple. Since I was already committing to a very rare Dominican purchase, I stayed on trend with a handful of Opus #5's. Here's to another shop that sells close to MSRP. I love these little nukes.