• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your rate?

grateful1

Oh My!
No...not you're man-whore fee.

You're mortgage!

I'm hoping for 4.75!

<closing and 1pt recouped in 10 months>

Ummm... I wish I had the credit for that kind of rate. I have a 6.50.

Ummm... I wish I had the credit for that kind of rate. I have a 6.50.

Well, they still have to finish my paperwork but things appear ok...for now.

That's awesome Gary! I don't know what your monthly mortgage payment is but .50 or a full point is a big savings.

I'm actually rolling the 1st and HEL into one.

In the long run I think I lose 10K(If I let it go to term)...but I wind up shelling out 2/3rds of what I'm paying now.
I can live with that...and pay it down early when(no if) things pick up.

It's all about cutting where I can - except cigars mind you! ;)

Rate. HMC. My house is paid for. Eat your heart out.

Doc.

I got a flat 5.00% last Oct... I'm not sure if I could get any better now that the housing market went Kaput... ???

I'm at 6.625 from buying about 7 yrs ago. I've considered refinancing. I didn't realize they had gone so low.

5.25 with 7 years left. I'm not rocking the boat at this point. :)

I am actually looking as we speak at selling my town home and buying a single family. I was quoted 5.00 today on a 30yr fixed. i was hoping for lower as i heard they would be in the 4s. I have damn good credit so I am wondering the same thing. Should I be able to get lower?

Damon

I am actually looking as we speak at selling my town home and buying a single family. I was quoted 5.00 today on a 30yr fixed. i was hoping for lower as i heard they would be in the 4s. I have damn good credit so I am wondering the same thing. Should I be able to get lower?

Damon

I was told if I pay a point(1% of loan) then they will take .25 off the interest rate.

Damon

I was told if I pay a point(1% of loan) then they will take .25 off the interest rate.

I have heard of paying a loan down before. I guess you have to figure would the 1% up front offset over the live of the loan in savings. What is killing my is these closing costs they showed me. I dont remember it being this bad last time as far as closing costs.