• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your worst cigar horror story?

Dr. Marneaus

I drive a station wagon
So, what's your worst horror story about losing or damaging cigars? Not horror story as in a bad smoke. I always see the threads on here, some about coolerdors falling, sticks getting run over by a car, beetles ravaging a particular box, etc.

So, tell us, what's your horror story? I don't really have one...

Water damage (busted pipe) to a humidor that was in my apartment.

Lost a full line of irreplaceable (to an extent) Camacho Liberty's, a couple dozen higher end Fuente products (Opus, Anejo, etc), half a box or so of my favorite ISOMs at the time, and probably 50 or so other various singles.

Complete loss. Yes, I wanted to cry. :(

Lost a full line of irreplaceable (to an extent) Camacho Liberty's, a couple dozen higher end Fuente products (Opus, Anejo, etc), half a box or so of my favorite ISOMs at the time, and probably 50 or so other various singles.

I think a tear just fell for that one, that SUCKS!!!

After that story, nothing worth mentioning. :(

My worst story was losing my 150 count humidor and 1/2 lb of beads from water damage caused by a fire in the apt above mine last Christmas Eve. It was the only thing of worth that was destroyed. I was VERY lucky that I had only a few cheap cigars in there at that time.

I had 2 shipments of cigars that were supposed to be delivered before Christmas, but due to 1 vendor shipping to the wrong address and the other shipment being slow in delivery, neither were delivered until after Christmas. Being one was 15 isoms, and the other a fantastic 10 cigar sampler of PAM, Opus, etc. I was so glad they were late.

Mine is small compared to some but had an odd sentimental aspect. My son bought me my first humidor when I first got into cigars. It was a small and poorly made desktop. My cigars kept getting dried out until I figured out the humi was the culprit. One of those lose-lose situations. Both he and I felt bad about it but I still have it and it sits unused, needless to say. ;)

I know a person with a rather hefty collection that sustained massive damage due to a basement leak, though.

Below is a quote from a post earlier this year. I lost every cigar I had EXCEPT the 3 bundles of Thompson's I had in a cooler in the closet. All in all, I lost 2 humidors and 5 boxes of loose cigars. Some HTF's, ISOM's, and the only Shark I've ever laid my eyes on. I have since recovered my daily smokes, but don't have the heart or budget to go after the HTF's I had. I have though, got a handful of ISOM's but nothing NEAR what I had.

It makes me sick at my stomach just thinking about it.

Well now comes the topper. In the round of rain and wind we had last night, the 40ft tall pine tree in my back yard lost a HUGE limb which took out the roof to my office/dad room/ man cave. The place that I had my laptop, digital cameras, guns, and most importantly...... my humidors. The only things that weren't beyond reprieve were my guns and the shitty Thompson bundles that I had stashed in a small cooler in the closet. I think the humidors might be salvageable, but the contents aren't. They are badly scratched, will need new hinges, and are soaked to the bone. Any idea if I can salvage them? Main thing is, no one was hurt. Just my feelings.

Mine keep catching on fire :whistling:

Seriously, I had a very nice Cobia hooked up in a tournament last year, when I pulled back a bit too far and my line came into contact with the ember on my cigar... "Plink"... no more fish, rod hits my nose, HARD, cigar drops into the Broad River.

Not a really expensive cigar, an RP 1990 torpedo, but I was enjoying it. Never did get to see the fish :(

A box of Anejos that was stolen off of my doorstep during the holidays one year. The robber probably thought it would be something good. Well it was and I hope he appreciated the specialness of have a full box of Anjeos in his hands.

Seriously, I had a very nice Cobia hooked up in a tournament last year, when I pulled back a bit too far and my line came into contact with the ember on my cigar... "Plink"... no more fish, rod hits my nose, HARD, cigar drops into the Broad River.

Not a really expensive cigar, an RP 1990 torpedo, but I was enjoying it. Never did get to see the fish :(

The vision I had of this happening made me laugh HARD! :laugh: :laugh: Too bad there wasn't a video camera around, you could have been on Americas most funny videos or whatever that shows name was. :blush:

Worst thing that happened to me...

I fell asleep with a stogie in my mouth.

The stick fell in my lap, and burnt a hole in my athletic pants.

I woke up, not to fire, but to a cigar that had burnt out, with a hole in my pants.

Didnt ruin the stick, but ruined the pants. :angry:

I brought the only Pepin Salomon I'd ever bought out here to Iraq with me. I kept all my cigars perfectly by only hand carrying my Tupp-o-dor and keeping the beads moist. The only cigar to get damaged on the way out here was that Salomon. The head is cracked beyond repair and the only thing keeping it together is the band. I'm debating wether to try smoking it or just keeping it as a memento to represent my trip out here....

Bought a box of ERDM Lunch Clubs and stuck them in the humi for a good year or so. Finally cracked them open and this is what I found. Luckily the infestation was isolated to this box. Lesson learned....open up your boxes before you tuck them away. ARG!!!!

It was 1998, me and a buddy put in a 12 box order from Switzerland from a guy we had been doing business with for over a year. Customs snspped the entire order and we never saw the cigars again, that sucked.

I was chuckling to myself reading this until I got to "Never did get to see the fish", and then I busted out laughing. :laugh:

I once was smoking a donkey dick, you know those giant Flor de Oliva bundle rolled cigars that are like 14"x75ring gage, or something crazy like that. Well I had it in my mouth and a friend was teasing me holding the lighter and wouldn't give it to me. So I preceded to grab it from him, and as I was ripping it from his hands, I hit the foot of my cigar and completely shaved off the wrapper with my teeth. Leaving shards of wrapper all over my mouth. Lots of fun