• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

When did you start smoking?

23, my uncle smoked so I decided to give him one and ended up buying one for myself, it was the start of a great thing!

-fhs

Summer before 8th grade with cigarettes. Once in high school was about a pack a day until I graduated college and then quit cigarettes cold turkey. I always messed around and had a cigar on the golf course but finally bought a humidor around 2002 from a local B&M in Texas where I used to live while still going to school. I now smoke 1-2 cigars per week and only in the Spring and Summer. Maybe a little into the Fall but as soon as it gets cold I'm done and I slip into buying mode for the next Spring.

I smoked cigarettes when camping as a Boy Scout, Winchester cigars at .25 a pack was great on a Junior High Budget. I really started smoking cigars and pipes seriously about 15 years ago. However, I was caught stealing cigars out of my dad's truck when I was maybe five yr old. He smoked Roi Tans. I always enjoyed watching him. My great grandfather smoked a pipe. The smell was awesome. Only in the last year I have become a aficiando want-a-be. I enjoy studying and researching cigar info. Most of all my wife supports me. She enjoys watching me relax with a good smoke.

Purchased a cigar sampler when I was 18, and have been hooked ever since. Always had a fascination with cigars, ever since I can remember.

Being 21 myself and started pipe smoking at the age of 20, I was told by some friends that I was to young to be smoking a pipe or cigar. Frankly I find it better to smoke either of those two then be smoking cigarettes at my age which some of those friends do. So I was wondering how old were you (if you can remember :p) when you started smoking cigars and/or a pipe?

I started smoking at 18. My gf at the time enjoyed the smell and had me try one of her fathers. Ever since then I've been hooked

I was 15 when I tried my first gar. I didn't really get hooked till about 3-4 years ago.

Real cigars on a regular basis started in Nov of 04 when I was on r&r from Iraq. Me and my step dad picked up some Onyx Toro's and I was hooked. Don't care for them as much anymore but they hold a special place in my heart.

I smoked the odd gas station cigar when I was around 16. When I was 18 I bought a Cohiba Robusto for my graduation smoke and I've been sliding downhill ever since.

16 which was in '96; don't tell anyone. :whistling: I have several Cuban friends who started when they were 8. Lucky bastards.

Started smoking cigars back in 1995 at the age of 22. Never did the cigarette thing

I started smoking cigarettes at 14. Quit a couple times then went back. Finally Quit in '98. In '99 heard the General and decided to try stogies. I'm gad I did as now I will never go back to cigs. Now I wish I had started with cigars.

I started smoking cigarettes when I was 13 with some friends. We would smoke cigars from time to time. Smoked cigs until I was 20 and then quit smoking on a regular basis. From 20-27 only smoked when I drank, which was usually every Friday and Saturday night. When I did smoke, it was usually about a pack per drunk.

When I was 28 I hurt my back at work and the pain meds made me want to smoke cigs all the time. Went from smoking while I was drinking to 1 1/2 packs a day. Did that until April 8th of last year (33rd Bday) and started smoking Swisher Cigarillos. Smoked about 5/day until August 23 (10th Wedding Anniversary) when my wife bought me a Padron 64. Been smoking mid-price-range cigars since then. I do manage a top shelf every now and then. Had some nice ones saved up trying to get some age on them, when the storm came through March 3rd and water-logged them.

I was always fascinated with cigars and pipes since I was very young. My Great-Grandfather smoked both and I loved the smell of them. I don't remember what brand of cigars he smoked, but they were perfecto shaped maduro cigars. He always had one in his mouth. If he didn't it was the old pipe. I wish sometimes I could go back in time and have a smoke with him and talk about the good old days. I remember one of the best things he told me "Toddy, (what he called me) a man is only as good as his word. You word is your honor. When you shake hands with a man, look him in the eye, and tell him you are going to do something. Come Hell or high water, you better do it! "

Probably the greatest man I've ever come across in my life. Started smoking non-filtered cigarettes at the age of 8 and died at 98 without ever having a smoking related illness, but you will never hear the "No Smoking" Nazis refer to people like that. He inhaled everything he smoked. Probably smoked 6-8 cigars a day, EVERYDAY!

Gas station specials at 18 (I'm 28 now), cause I saw my father smoking them growing up, then at about 18 and 3 weeks, I found my local shop and have been hooked on fine cigars ever since. Immediately got Dad a nice one to get him away from the 69 cent wonders and created a monster. My humi is not safe when he's in town. :laugh:

Dropped off the cigar map for about 4 years due to a hard dose of real life, and then recently got the itch again.

about 11:30, after the morning cofee, before the evening bevrage............. :laugh:

started "chewing" freshmen year of high school (jan, 1976), skoal on up to "cope", leaf, plug, back woods then a pipe around 1980 in college. cigars kicked in around the late 80's. finally got a good one around 92' smoked till i moved in 99. now back into to it again. there was the occasional one out flyfishing, but all of a sudden...........boooooom. now trying to catch up after all those years.

Paul

Had my first cigar a La Corona at the age of 17 in the summer 1996. Never really into cigaretts and machine made cigars; I had a few here and there before moving head first into handmade cigars. :love: