• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where do you get your smokes?

GDeAngelo

So, where do you guys tend to buy your smokes? I'm still trying to find the best prices on sites. But I've decided to mostly buy online now. I love supporting some of the local guys, but it just gets expensive. I'd love to start ordering boxes or bundles do to saving money. I just don't have the space for them.

Where do you guys get your sticks or boxes?

-Gianni-

Tons of places but I have been ordering from CI lately.

I'm all over the internet for many things, but not for smokes. I buy from several B&M dealers, because I need him to be there for me when I want some rare or special sticks that I wouldn't be able to find on-line. Yeah, it's a little more money, but worth the relationship. I was able to get some very nice rarities by being on a first-name basis with a few good people.

I don't criticize those who do buy via the internet but do encourage all of you to buy at least some portion of your sticks locally, especially if you're going to show up at their place for an event and partake of their free food and other giveaways.

So far......from BOTL right here!! :cool:

Thanks a million fellas!!! :thumbs:

You all make valid points. I Just went by my local B&M and got some sticks. I've learned a lot chatting with some of the guys there. It is nice to be one first name basis. Walking in and being greeted by name is nice. The lady says it means I'm there to often, lol. I tell her its due to me making a lasting impression. That, and Gianni is a hard name to forget. I see where you are coming from.

-Gianni-

Tons of places but I have been ordering from CI lately.

What's CI?

-Gianni-

Either at my local B&M, or in the b/s/t forum here.

I'm a firm believer in supporting those local to you. If you have a quality cigar shop anywhere near you spending a few extra bucks in there will pay back to you many times over in the knowledge they will share with you, and the friendships you will develop.

There are some members here who are great retailers and offer great products/service - Keystone_raider (Jim) and Uptown_Isy (Israel) are 2 great people I've had the pleasure to deal with. Also purchased from Tower Cigars (NorCalMark) and had a excellent experience as well.

Ive been getting most of mine online .Alot from Cigar Bid and a few others.Just stated to get a few from here which is great!CI stands for cigars International.It seems you still have to search around every site has different prices on brands.I support my local stores as well mostly singles to tryem and bs with customers in shops that have lounges nice way to kill some time and meet some good people.

There are some members here who are great retailers and offer great products/service - Keystone_raider (Jim) and Uptown_Isy (Israel) are 2 great people I've had the pleasure to deal with. Also purchased from Tower Cigars (NorCalMark) and had a excellent experience as well.

All great guys but Al(Puffstuff) needs to be thrown in the mix..

I buy from my local B&M when I am over that way,It's over an hour away from me tho. But I buy online a lot to.

Local B&M. his prices are generally comparable to online plus I get a discount as a VIP member of the Lounge. the best buys are the cigar tasting nights. The brand of the night (rep present) generally has good buys.

All online. All of my locals have poor selection and horrible prices.

I try to support the non gouging local's like Azucar(stinki monki's), and David's Gifts and Tobacco

but I do a fair share of online ordering as well.

For the most part I buy at my local.They have a deal every Friday, buy 3 get 1 free of the same smoke or 25% off box's.If it is something they do not mormally carry they will try to get it for me & are generally pretty close to online pricing with their Friday deal.If they can't get what I want then I will go online. It always pays to get known at your local,they call me when the Opus & other HTF stuff comes in.

I buy singles locally, boxes mostly online. I have bought a few boxes from my B&M, but a lot of the time, they either can't get what I want, or the price is just outrageous even with my member's discount. It's unfortunate, but their prices are routinely $2-3 a stick more than just up the road in San Antonio, and sometimes as much as double what I can get things for from Serious Cigars in Houston.

I try to spend there when I can though. They're good friends and I've been going there for years.

~Boar

I buy all my major purchases online. The internet provides a wealth of good deals as far as cigars go, Plus if you are searching for hard to find's you can usually find them somewhere online.

That said, I do support locals all over the country. I travel for work a lot and have been to some of the best B&M's across the country.
When I go to these places I always buy cigars while there, even if I am not smoking the ones I buy from them. I always ask the proprietor if they mind if I smoke my own sticks as long as I am making a purchase. I have never had anyone say no.
Cigar people are good people, all over.............

The 2 places that does sell cigars in town is horrible. I've supported them a couple of times knowing their cigars are usually dried out. i've told them how to correct the problem but they don't care. They sell more cigarettes so they do not worry about the crappy cigars which pretty much just sit there without ever changing hands. LOL!!!

So with that said. I buy all over the USA. If I told you my sources, I'd have to put your hands on my wall so you can not get my sources. :D
But its no secret I buy at The Outlaw but not as much lately due to the severe tax increases coming state wide. Also buy on from members like Johnny-O. Just love those cigars.

Sometimes I buy from Holts and Jr's which is very rare now. As for my Opus connections...no one will ever get those sources. You'd have a better chance pulling my cigar out of my dead cold fingers than get those precious gems. Of course I hit Jack Scwartz in Chicago and other B&M shops. Very rare do I buy from places like Holts and JR's. I prefer giving my money to B&M shops than online places. As I've established myself with B&M shops with their employees and owners alike. Its more personal for me than just ordering online.

Yeah, I can order online and save a truckload of $$$. But with States going back and looking at online purchases on tobacco so that they can send you a nice late bill that you owe with an extreme late fee attached. Why risk it online? :(

All online and from sites out of me country,you wont believe the taxes I'd pay if I buy cigars from my local B&M.
Another great place is the B/S/T forum but you need to be very fast ;)