• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where in the world is Bob Staebell?

:Monty:

On my recommendation, my local cigar club hired Bob to build us some lockers. That was in March....he told us 8 weeks. For those of you who don't know...it's now August. There have been several lapses in communication and false promises about delivery. Lounge owner is now having to make efforts to recover his payment from Bob. It's total mess, all based on my recommendation to use him as we all know he's one of the best craftsmen in the business. Egg officially on my face....

I'm very surprised to hear this. I have two of Bob's cabinets. And my friends have dozens more. I haven't spoken with him for 1-2 years, but it was always very easy to get him on the phone.

Wow......i have a mini, and outside it taking a little longer than expected (although I did expect the delay based on others experiences here and other boards) everything was great. Even when I followed up with after the unit had been up and running for awhile.

Please keep us updated on this.

I know there are several CPers in his area, maybe they can shed some light on this.

Dont blame yourself Monty, you did the right thing. Bob is usually one of the best. I hope this turns out right for your friend.

Al

That and remember there are always two sides to every story. No saying your manager friend is a liar, but that mis-communication can and does happen.

Surprised here...Bob was and is one of if not the best in the industry. I have an example of his fine work in my cigar room. Be patient, keep the forums in the loop.

That and remember there are always two sides to every story. No saying your manager friend is a liar, but that mis-communication can and does happen.

I also agree with this. I thought it was sort of strange that you would even post this since it really has nothing to do with you.

I also agree with this. I thought it was sort of strange that you would even post this since it really has nothing to do with you.

It does Jason. Bob got the job based on his recommendation and now he feels responsible for the current situation.

Having watched this thread and having dealt with Bob personally, as well as speaking with quite a few that used him to build their humidors....and we ALL had the same positive experience...I would THINK this guy you recommended may be a handful. :whistling:

The lack of communication is very out of character for Bob...there must be something else going on.

Just saying...

It does Jason. Bob got the job based on his recommendation and now he feels responsible for the current situation.

It's a private club. Membership decided we wanted lockers and what the cost would be for each member. It was my recommendation to commision Bob to do the job.

I've made other inquiries before finally posting this. Like I said, it all started way back in March. There's been plenty of time for Bob to make this thing happen.

Not all of his sales have been smooth....search is your friend.

While the timeframe issue has happened before with him, his communication was pretty good.

I love my aristocrat but definitely agree with Gary. I had no problems at all dealing with Bob and I do think the lack of communication is very odd, but others have had difficulty before. I need some new wicks so I will shoot him an email later and see if he is around...

Hmmm, I have ordered four cabinets from Bob and everything was great. Granted that was several years ago but I'd still recommend him.

I wonder what's going on here?

And I just remembered that I had a fan go haywire on me and he sent a replacement immediately. This would have been a couple of months ago.

I love my aristocrat but definitely agree with Gary. I had no problems at all dealing with Bob and I do think the lack of communication is very odd, but others have had difficulty before. I need some new wicks so I will shoot him an email later and see if he is around...

Any word yet Phil?

Got swamped at work and haven't had a chance to even call up, I will get to it as soon as I can though

I could drive over there in 35 minutes if needed be. Considering his past, I thought he walked on water.

Hey, just got off the phone with Bob. To make it short, the CNC broke several times requiring a factory rep to come down and do a major fix. It now appears to be running properly. He said the CNC is a two hour operation, then 10 days to complete.

Thats it.

I'm guessing he means a CNC machine for custom cutting wood.

Well this is a new one. He's made multiple excuses like this. Fellas...I wouldn't be posting this if we hadn't been hearing the same old song and dance for months. it's the same pattern. Finally get in touch with him and he'd say it'll go out next week, the he'd disappear for two weeks, then lots of apologies and a promises of next week, then disappear for two weeks, and over and over and over again.

Like I said in my original post. The guy who made the deposit was making attempts to have it returned. I'll have to see where we stand at this point. You'd think Bob might communicate this latest excuse personally to the guy who paid him.

I love how everyone automatically gives him a pass on this now being pushed out to almost six months....Don't say 8 weeks when you mean 6 months. I get it, everyone loves Bob's stuff but defending this process as if it's ok to do business this way is ludicrous.