• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where in the world is Bob Staebell?

Monty,

I have nothing against bob, I think he does some beautiful work. Unfortunately what you're describing is similar to what I've heard from a couple other members on CP - with respect to communication and timelines.

While many have had good transactions with Bob, I do know of some that were not as smooth as some of you have experienced.

In any case, I hope Bob chooses to respond to you soon.

Pugman - since you have an open line of communication with Bob right now, how about asking him to update Monty?

Monty didn't pay for it so why should Bob say anything to him? I feel that it's between the person that purchased it and Bob. For all we know the dude that placed the order could of flaked out on Bob, and requested delays due to whatever reason.

This is just goofy hearing this from a third party imho.

Monty is the reason Bob got the order in the first place so he is directly involved, but I think that's all he is asking is some communication to any involved party. I appreciate your need to down the buyer's motives but I don't think it works here.

Does anyone know how this was concluded? Without the whole story it's tough to make a judgement at all.

I have to admit that when Bob fell behind schedule on my project, I was concerned. We started periodic status calls and kept those up until the cabinet shipped. I was like a five year old waiting for Christmas. It is too bad that this turned out this way

This is officially over. The bank involved is investigating. All the assumption that the buyer here has done something wrong is ridiculous.

March 3rd payment was made. You can all imagine the sizable deposit that was required for a project this size. The product was never delivered. Period.

I did not just post this recklessly in an attempt to ruin Bob's business. I made the recommendation to use him to HELP his business. I've been going back and forth with Rod for a month before posting.

The owner of the lounge has had enough and is attempting to get his deposit back.

This is officially over. The bank involved is investigating. All the assumption that the buyer here has done something wrong is ridiculous.

March 3rd payment was made. You can all imagine the sizable deposit that was required for a project this size. The product was never delivered. Period.

I did not just post this recklessly in an attempt to ruin Bob's business. I made the recommendation to use him to HELP his business. I've been going back and forth with Rod for a month before posting.

The owner of the lounge has had enough and is attempting to get his deposit back.

Thanks for the update. Hope the lounge gets it resolved to their satisfaction and that Bob can vindicate himself on this.

Thanks for the update. Hope the lounge gets it resolved to their satisfaction and that Bob can vindicate himself on this.

:thumbs:

It's a shame you had to get beat up Monty. Sometimes it seems that the guy trying to do great things is the guy that gets crapped on. You did a nice thing by referring a brother, and unfortunately the brother let you down. The people here are trying to figure out a solution to a problem you brought them. No one is is accusing anyone, just looking for facts. It stinks that you are caught in the middle. Hopefully your friend understands it's not your fault, and a resolve will make your friend whole again. Ugly situation. Too bad!

I agree its really to bad you got stuck in the middle of this.. You knew a brother that does amazing work and you offer him a job and this happens.

Every time I look at this thread I can't help of thinking about the old show:

220px-Where_in_the_World_is_Carmen_Sandiego_soundtrack.jpg

Well this is a new one. He's made multiple excuses like this. Fellas...I wouldn't be posting this if we hadn't been hearing the same old song and dance for months. it's the same pattern. Finally get in touch with him and he'd say it'll go out next week, the he'd disappear for two weeks, then lots of apologies and a promises of next week, then disappear for two weeks, and over and over and over again.

Like I said in my original post. The guy who made the deposit was making attempts to have it returned. I'll have to see where we stand at this point. You'd think Bob might communicate this latest excuse personally to the guy who paid him.

I love how everyone automatically gives him a pass on this now being pushed out to almost six months....Don't say 8 weeks when you mean 6 months. I get it, everyone loves Bob's stuff but defending this process as if it's ok to do business this way is ludicrous.

I've gone back and read the replies that preceded your comment here and I simply don't see where everyone is giving him a pass. Most have piped in with surprise in the level of communication as their deals went better than yours apparently did. Your situation is very unfortunate and I'm genuinely sorry for you, but I just don't see everyone giving him a pass.

Monty,

I have nothing against bob, I think he does some beautiful work. Unfortunately what you're describing is similar to what I've heard from a couple other members on CP - with respect to communication and timelines.

While many have had good transactions with Bob, I do know of some that were not as smooth as some of you have experienced.

Pugman - since you have an open line of communication with Bob right now, how about asking him to update Monty?

I think I will try to get Bob on the phone again and see if he will let me forward him this email. He needs to be in tune and understand that CP is a large enough community that our words of concern can spread fast (if you need the business). I will not lay any bad stuff on him, just the truth and see if there is a battle plan on his part. Yes, time is an issue, but, considering the amount of B/S to go through to recover funds will just create the next issue. Will see if Bob has some great response and will get back here, or perhaps ask him to drop a line to CP if he has that option. Im like most of you, I'd give up a left toe to have his cabinet, but talk to me straight, dont feed me B/S. Stay tuned brothers, hopefully I will have something, one way or the other to report.

Woofers

Monty,

I think I will try to get Bob on the phone again and see if he will let me forward him this email. He needs to be in tune and understand that CP is a large enough community that our words of concern can spread fast (if you need the business). I will not lay any bad stuff on him, just the truth and see if there is a battle plan on his part. Yes, time is an issue, but, considering the amount of B/S to go through to recover funds will just create the next issue. Will see if Bob has some great response and will get back here, or perhaps ask him to drop a line to CP if he has that option. Im like most of you, I'd give up a left toe to have his cabinet, but talk to me straight, dont feed me B/S. Stay tuned brothers, hopefully I will have something, one way or the other to report.

Woofers

I do hope this works out for all involved and should have been been brought to the public, We all want transparancy with the vendors we deal with.

Like Pug said, I hope Bob does respond here, however I disagree with one thing he said.

There should be NO issue in getting their money back, I am sorry but if Bob did not deliver on what he promised, which until we hear from him we will not know his side, their money should be returned without any B/S.

We all expect the vendors we deal with to do the right in the first place, but at the very least, make good when something goes wrong.

I am sorry, but if the buying party has a hard time getting their $$$ back, based on the information that has been made public, then shows poorly on Bob. If there is additional information that changes the situation then it should be brought out.

I dont think he has been given a pass, and this thread will be helpful for people who order in the future and maybe will make Bob think a little harder about deliverable dates.

Please keep us posted on the final out come.