• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who's braving the cold?

The trick to smoking during the colder months is to drink enough bourbon that you don't notice the weather.

I once woke up on my buddies deck in Syracuse at 2 am after having fallen asleep wearing nothing but a tee-shirt! Finished what what left of the cigar and went back inside. We were smoking a pork butt at the time (and by we I mean he was cooking I was drinking and throwing snow balls at him). Good times were had by all.

I got the heater out last night.

Seems my body regulates a comfortable temp when I go out in my garage.

I just wish it was 65-70 in the winter here.

Almost time to plug the truck in.

No better way to smoke in the cold weather than in a HOT TUB. My after work smoke is with a book and most of the time a cocktail. Depending on the weather the water is between 101 to 105. Unless it's above 70 degrees and not raining; the hot tub is it!

A hot tub, a book, a cocktail and a cigar. It gets no better than that, but I hope you have a nanny to help you hold shit.

No better way to smoke in the cold weather than in a HOT TUB. My after work smoke is with a book and most of the time a cocktail. Depending on the weather the water is between 101 to 105. Unless it's above 70 degrees and not raining; the hot tub is it!

Do you find that your cigar gets a bit to overhumidified/spongy when smoking in a hot tub? I've noticed that happening to me a few times when on vacation.

Do you find that your cigar gets a bit to overhumidified/spongy when smoking in a hot tub? I've noticed that happening to me a few times when on vacation.
Try to keep your cigar outside of the hot tub when not actually smoking. I have never had a problem with smoking while in the hot tub.

First off I would love for it to be in the 50's... I plan on going out in a bit and its all of 25 here... I'll let you know how long I last. I already am sick.

I live in Northern Idaho all the way up by the Canadian border. I have been dying to get out and smoke and finally did so this evening. Had a Carlos Tarano Fortress. It was great but it was cold. I might have to invest in a patio heater.

Its a warm "winter" so far here in MN. usually its super cold this time of the year here, but now its staying above 10. im thinking of pulling out the oil worker carhart to keep warm

A hot tub, a book, a cocktail and a cigar. It gets no better than that, but I hope you have a nanny to help you hold shit.

Ya got to be smarter than the tools you're working with dude. Use the ledges to your advantage. As far as the other comments about humidity; I've never had a problem.

@Capt Redbeard. I am jealous of your weather and your location. I use to live in Jacksonville. I miss it greatly.

It was a great day today at the gun club, mid 70's and a nice breeze. Wish I remembered to bring some cigars.

It was a great day today at the gun club, mid 70's and a nice breeze. Wish I remembered to bring some cigars.

Capt Redbeard,

That would not happen to be Gateway Rifle & Pistol Club? I use to shoot there a couple times a month when I lived in Jacksonville.

I live in South Dakota so the winters can be a little harsh. This being said, I have never enjoyed a cigar that I smoked outside when the temps are below about 55 degrees. Not only am I uncomfortable, but I find that the cigars only taste like tobacco because most of the flavors are muted. I learned the hard way that anything with a Cammie wrapper explodes.

Was able to sit on the back porch again last night and enjoy a Jaime Garcia Reserva Limited edition. It was almost too hot. :laugh:

DuBose45, no its Jacksonville Gun Club off of Heckscher. Its a skeet and trap range. I have been to Gateway once when a friend bought a new rifle.

Here in the Motor City, it is in the 30's for the last few weeks. I have to either smoke on the way to work on at one of the few cigar bars left in michigan.

It's been in the teens after work around here, so smoking is either very small cigars or done while driving.

We get like one decent night a week to smoke here in Kuwait, it is getting COLD...deserts should not get this COLD...haha, smoking a Diesel Shorty as I type...

We get like one decent night a week to smoke here in Kuwait, it is getting COLD...deserts should not get this COLD...haha, smoking a Diesel Shorty as I type...

JDriver - My brother in law (Army) spent some time there during one of his tours. He just got shipped out last month to Afghanistan. He smokes cigars too. (he was one of my smoking buddies - damm!). I'm about to send him a cigar care package and if you pm me an address - I'm more than happy to do the same for you. God bless and thank you for your service brother!