• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wisdom Teeth are getting pulled in the morning.

Thanks so much to everyone for the tips and advise! I am going to bed now as the procedure is at 9 in the morning tomorrow. Thanks again.

Uh oh, I might be too late to offer my sage advice. I would say the best thing to do is to take a few pain pills and watch Gladiator a few times. This suggestion might seem silly but it made me feel a lot better and a little emotional the third time through.

-Mark

I stuck around a little longer. Yeah, I plan on watching more than a few movies, I need to go rent Gladiator, I havent seen it in forever. :)

Good luck. Great advice in this thread. Keep it clean, don't suck, and take the drugs.

Wilkey

Thanks Wilkey, Talk to you all tomorrow :)

Now I am really going to bed, night!

Well i just got back from the operation and am still numb. I need to keep the gauze in for a few more minutes, then eat a litle and take my pain pills. Thanks again to everyone who posted for your words!

Hey, by now you had your procedure done. Hope all went well.

It depends on what procedure you had done on these wisdom teeth. If the teeth were impacted, then you've got a little time for healing ahead of you. If they are naturally erupting from the gums, then a shorter period. All depends on how well you clot up and heal. I had mine done in the same day and I healed within a 1 and 1/2 week period.

Stay cool, watch tons of movies about gladiators (Oooops, sorry.. I misread ... you wanted to rent the movie Gladiator... Ooooh, I see! :whistling: )

Heal fast... your puros are patiently waiting for your return!
Darren

I had all 4 of mine cut out (badly impacted) about 6 years ago. I have a paralyzing fear of dentists so i had them knock me out. Next thing I remember i was in my parent's living room with bags of frozen peas strapped to my face.

The pain was manageable with meds, didn't need the second refill but got it anyways for a "rainy day". I think the worst part was getting up the nerve to eat normal food again. It takes a while to get up the courage to chew normally, especially hard foods. I was on soup and pudding for a few weeks.

Definitely don't skimp on the cleaning. If they didn't give you a little syringe to flush out the holes in the back then go get one.

Enjoy the down time,

spiffy

Hey, by now you had your procedure done. Hope all went well.

It depends on what procedure you had done on these wisdom teeth. If the teeth were impacted, then you've got a little time for healing ahead of you. If they are naturally erupting from the gums, then a shorter period. All depends on how well you clot up and heal. I had mine done in the same day and I healed within a 1 and 1/2 week period.

Stay cool, watch tons of movies about gladiators (Oooops, sorry.. I misread ... you wanted to rent the movie Gladiator... Ooooh, I see! :whistling: )

Heal fast... your puros are patiently waiting for your return!
Darren

Thanks! Everything went fine in the operating room, however I had a negative reaction to the Vicodin. The Vicodin made me very nauseous and i began to have trouble breathing. I am now taking advil, and the Surgeon called in a new prescription (although i dont know what it is) Thanks to everyone for the kind words and words of support.

Leo

Don't smoke....Dry sockets are the worst. The suction pulls the blood clots out, exposing an open hole in your mouth that hurts and fills up with food.

Thanks! Everything went fine in the operating room, however I had a negative reaction to the Vicodin. The Vicodin made me very nauseous and i began to have trouble breathing. I am now taking advil, and the Surgeon called in a new prescription (although i dont know what it is) Thanks to everyone for the kind words and words of support.

Leo

Glad to hear everything went well for the most part.

I'll dispose of the evil Vicodin for you so you don't get sick any more. :whistling: