• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

World Cup 2010 South Africa

I give oneywu a lot of credit for reigning Rooney in. I watch Rooney play on a weekly basis and he was handled. When Rooney calls it in you can alway tell. That's when the rash challenges and red mist start to appear. He's very hard on himself when having a bad game not as much when marked well and properly.

Fair point, but I do think that if he is to be considered amongst the best strikers in the world (and I realise that it is others who are labeling him as such), he will have to find a way to turn in better performances in major international matches.

I was pleased to see the Dutch collect three points today. Their first half was relatively uninspiring. But the team did seem to come alive a bit in the second half. I though that Elia looked very dangerous. Sneijder and Van der Wiel also played well. Still, the Dutch really didn't look much like the side that schooled Italy in Euro 2008. They'll have to get a lot better if they plan to win this tournament.

To this point, I think the best match of the tournament has been Mexico vs. South Africa.

This tournament is picking up! Argentina looks really strong. Theirs was a masterful win today. The Spain loss to Switzerland and the Mexico victory over France certainly added some drama. How are you England and USA fans feeling about your chances tomorrow?

FORZA AZZURRI !

Oh god please help them.. I cant believe Buffon out on herniated disks we need him so bad, pirlo still out, cannavaro is looking good and they need to throw gattuso in soon or im gonna go nuts. I dont know what Lippi was thinking drawing so many players from Juve. But lets see what happens i still have faith in my team hopefully we can pull out of this well.

Edit: And btw i cant wait for the Brazil vs Portugal game to see how many times i can count Ronaldo on his a** or back the entire match. His diving needs to be controlled its getting a little ridiculous. I hope Kaka runs all over them.

One advantage of being deployed right now is I'm only +1 hour from South African time; I've been able to watch about two matches per day. Germany v Serbia is on right now and I look forward to the US & Slovenia match in a few hours.

One advantage of being deployed right now is I'm only +1 hour from South African time; I've been able to watch about two matches per day. Germany v Serbia is on right now and I look forward to the US & Slovenia match in a few hours.

Also watching Germany - Serbia. I am hoping that Howards ribs will not be a factor in the US game against Slovenia (I don't think he will have a problem - pretty tough).

We are lucky this tourney, games are broadcast live starting at 6:30 CST, so it makes them easy to view.

Ken

The U.S. laid down in the 1st half and played very well in the second. They got hosed on the 3rd score, no way they were off-sides and several were fouled on the play.

All in all, I'm happy with the result. Now just hoping that the U.S. beats Algeria and England beats Slovenia next week.

Ken

edited because I can't type and fail to proof read

My chest still hurts after my German wife whacked me one for making a joke about how her team played today... :sign:

We both, however, agreed that Germany needed a wake-up call and that they will play a lot better in the next game.

The USA game was pretty hard-core and the ref was full of shit. Regardless of the score, our team won a lot of well due respect out on the field today and I'm still happy with the results.

*edit* And I also enjoyed last nights Mexico game, VIVA LA MEXICO!!! was heard throughout the German town I live and I found it more than a little amusing.

Woo Hoo! England plays to a scoreless draw. Game reminded me of my Jr. Prom. Bunch of guys running around not scoring.

Doc.

Woo Hoo! England plays to a scoreless draw. Game reminded me of my Jr. Prom. Bunch of guys running around not scoring.

Doc.

Boring game for sure. :)

The US was exciting as hell. Donovan's goal sure ignited things, and I agree with Ken.........Where the hell was the penalty?!!

Good grief, did anybody catch that Portugal/PRK game? Seven - null? Are you kidding me? How did N. Korea get into the world cup anyway?

Didn't catch the game, but the highlights are embarrassing. They might be in the world cup, but they did come in ranked dead last and in the hardest group.

At least they managed to score a goal this time around! What a disaster.

I guess we'll see if England follows them out of the tournament tomorrow. ;)

The Argentina - Greece game was pretty good. I am thinking that Argentina and Brazil are looking pretty good at this point.

Ken

Good grief, did anybody catch that Portugal/PRK game? Seven - null? Are you kidding me? How did N. Korea get into the world cup anyway?

I woke up early to watch this game and after the fifth goal I called it a night. I wonder how North Korea will spin this. I could not stay up for the next game that followed Portugal V North Korea.

At least they managed to score a goal this time around! What a disaster.

I guess we'll see if England follows them out of the tournament tomorrow. ;)

Hopefully the English can pull their heads out of their own arses and win a game. Sigh so much talent on that team and they have scored one goal.

Back