• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

World Cup 2010 South Africa

[/quote]

Hopefully the English can pull their heads out of their own arses and win a game. Sigh so much talent on that team and they have scored one goal.
[/quote]

Don't forget that Robert Green also scored a goal for the USA :laugh:

Joe Cole must have done something to piss Capello off, but his selection of Milner looks to be spot on right now.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

The U.S. came very close to be the only team sent home with two wins! Two bad (1 terrible and 1 bad) calls in back to back games, which call back goals.

But they had plenty of chances and didn't give up on themselves.

Ken

Ciao Italia! They just got spanked by Slovakia and finish bottom of the group.

Just as I spoke to soon the Italians score. and are still alive. :blush:

The late second half was absolutely amazing. I cant believe what happened to Italy i really didnt want to see them go even though they played like they didnt deserve it. As soon as they brought Pirlo in you could tell the team perked up and snapped into it but it was already too late. Their defense was horrendous to say the least and it was sad to see Gigi not back in as GK. It sucks that Cannavaro had to retire like that but hopefully they will come back in the next four years stronger and more energetic. :(

Once they learn how to stay on their feet, they'll do fine.

Seeing Quagliarella I think it was rolling around in the net like he was shot was quite amusing.

I dont want to start a fight here but I do love how Italy gets all the flak for diving when there are so many players doing it now a days. Its not just Italy if you watch any game I guarantee you will see somebody dive. Watch any game the players are constantly crying for a penalty. Slovakia wasn't milking it though right? Even though the refs were yelling "Get UP!" "Get Up!" not buying into it. And im not even going to mention Cristiano Ronaldo because watching him is like watching a professional actor. I dont agree with diving but constantly putting the blame only on Italy is getting old.

And btw Quagliarella will be seen in 2014 at Brazil because once this kid got onto the pitch he was great.

I dont want to start a fight here but I do love how Italy gets all the flak for diving when there are so many players doing it now a days. Its not just Italy if you watch any game I guarantee you will see somebody dive. Watch any game the players are constantly crying for a penalty. Slovakia wasn't milking it though right? Even though the refs were yelling "Get UP!" "Get Up!" not buying into it. And im not even going to mention Cristiano Ronaldo because watching him is like watching a professional actor. I dont agree with diving but constantly putting the blame only on Italy is getting old.

And btw Quagliarella will be seen in 2014 at Brazil because once this kid got onto the pitch he was great.

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at you using Ronaldo in this discussion. I've seen him ride more hard tackles than anyone that plays the game. When he was 18-19 yrs old he had a tendency to flop around a bit but his last 2 years at United he was being kicked at constantly and the majority of the time he rode the tackle. The rest of the time he had his legs straight taken out from under him.

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at you using Ronaldo in this discussion. I've seen him ride more hard tackles than anyone that plays the game. When he was 18-19 yrs old he had a tendency to flop around a bit but his last 2 years at United he was being kicked at constantly and the majority of the time he rode the tackle. The rest of the time he had his legs straight taken out from under him.

You have to laugh at me for using Ronaldo are you kidding me. Cristiano Ronaldo right? The biggest diver in the history of football. I guess you didnt watch the Ivory Coast game which will prove my point that he is still not done diving. Heres a link incase you didnt see this pathetic dive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocl7rcS0U2I&feature=player_embedded

You have to laugh at me for using Ronaldo are you kidding me. Cristiano Ronaldo right? The biggest diver in the history of football. I guess you didnt watch the Ivory Coast game which will prove my point that he is still not done diving. Heres a link incase you didnt see this pathetic dive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocl7rcS0U2I&feature=player_embedded

Umm ok! How often have you watched him play FULL matches over the years? Not just highlight clips on FSC etc. That clip proves nothing whatsoever the guy pushed off on him. The video below with it's typical hater bullshit is amusing though. :rolleyes:

Would I be correct to assume you follow 1 of the European leagues consistently? Are you seriously trying to tell me the Italians don't have a tendency to flop around like fish out of water. When I was in Italy last week the Italians I was with were discussing how pathetic the diving is in Serie A and with the Azzurri.

I should've read your first post in this thread before responding to you. This was what you said and it proves how little you know on the subject.

Edit: And btw i cant wait for the Brazil vs Portugal game to see how many times i can count Ronaldo on his a** or back the entire match. His diving needs to be controlled its getting a little ridiculous.

See his goal against North Korea? Kept his feet and scored a great circus-like goal. Think di Rossi would have done the same...his diving robbed the Kiwis a win and progression to the next round.

Soccer is full of floppers... as is the NBA...

Now rugby... those guys some tough SOBs

Umm ok! How often have you watched him play FULL matches over the years? Not just highlight clips on FSC etc. That clip proves nothing whatsoever the guy pushed off on him. The video below with it's typical hater bullshit is amusing though. :rolleyes:

Would I be correct to assume you follow 1 of the European leagues consistently? Are you seriously trying to tell me the Italians don't have a tendency to flop around like fish out of water. When I was in Italy last week the Italians I was with were discussing how pathetic the diving is in Serie A and with the Azzurri.

I should've read your first post in this thread before responding to you. This was what you said and it proves how little you know on the subject.

Edit: And btw i cant wait for the Brazil vs Portugal game to see how many times i can count Ronaldo on his a** or back the entire match. His diving needs to be controlled its getting a little ridiculous.

Your right I dont watch him play every match at Real Madrid but when a player is known WORLD WIDE to be the biggest diver in history dont tell me he doesn't live up to his name. I catch highlights most of the time and rarely catch a Real Madrid game but everytime i do see it, it seems the annoucer has to point out a dive Ronaldo just committed. And the clip proves nothing are you kidding me he barely touched him but yet hes suddenly on the ground? Im not saying Italy's players dont dive all i was saying was dont single them out when numerous players dive in games whether it be the World cup or just club games. Im glad you were talking with real Italians about it, but my opinion stands why is Italy getting singled out. Not just Ronaldo but what about Brazil? It seems like they get off free constantly because they are Brazilian. Or when Ivorys Coast Kader Kieta ran into Kaka's elbow and then grabs his face like he was just sucker punched? Stop singling out Italy for this when everyone is doing it. Show me a game where someone hasn't done it. The announcers are just making it worse.

And if it comes down to it i wouldnt mind seeing a red card from the refs for diving even if its for an italian player. I think they should take extreme measures to stop this bull****.

And please explain to me how I know little about the subject since you know me so well. Someone should have told me im stepping on the resident football expert's toes.

Your right I dont watch him play every match at Real Madrid but when a player is known WORLD WIDE to be the biggest diver in history dont tell me he doesn't live up to his name. I catch highlights most of the time and rarely catch a Real Madrid game but everytime i do see it, it seems the annoucer has to point out a dive Ronaldo just committed. And the clip proves nothing are you kidding me he barely touched him but yet hes suddenly on the ground? Im not saying Italy's players dont dive all i was saying was dont single them out when numerous players dive in games whether it be the World cup or just club games. Im glad you were talking with real Italians about it, but my opinion stands why is Italy getting singled out. Not just Ronaldo but what about Brazil? It seems like they get off free constantly because they are Brazilian. Or when Ivorys Coast Kader Kieta ran into Kaka's elbow and then grabs his face like he was just sucker punched? Stop singling out Italy for this when everyone is doing it. Show me a game where someone hasn't done it. The announcers are just making it worse.

And if it comes down to it i wouldnt mind seeing a red card from the refs for diving even if its for an italian player. I think they should take extreme measures to stop this bull****.

I've seen almost every match Ronaldo has played over the last 5 years so don't give me this bullshit that "highlight announcer" from FSC are pointing out his diving. The only reason he has a reputation for diving is when he was a kid straight out of Portugal he had a tendency to hit the deck. Over the last few years there's not a player out there that's taken harder takcles from opponents and rode them. Or almost lost his legs and risked serious injury. Do you have any clue what happens when a player is running at pace like Ronaldo does and someone kicks out at him? Even the slightest of touches can throw you off balance. Think of it like a motorcycle doing 110 and the wheels hitting a patch of sand while the rider tries to avoid it. the bike will flip. Same principle! You can keep basing your opinions on FSC highlights but I won't sit here and let you get away with it. Oh and Kaka deserved a card for throwing that elbow evenif he does belong to Jesus.

BTW diving is a cardable offense and I've seen players tossed for it numerous times.

I've seen almost every match Ronaldo has played over the last 5 years so don't give me this bullshit that "highlight announcer" from FSC are pointing out his diving. The only reason he has a reputation for diving is when he was a kid straight out of Portugal he had a tendency to hit the deck. Over the last few years there's not a player out there that's taken harder takcles from opponents and rode them. Or almost lost his legs and risked serious injury. Do you have any clue what happens when a player is running at pace like Ronaldo does and someone kicks out at him? Even the slightest of touches can throw you off balance. Think of it like a motorcycle doing 110 and the wheels hitting a patch of sand while the rider tries to avoid it. the bike will flip. Same principle! You can keep basing your opinions on FSC highlights but I won't sit here and let you get away with it. Oh and Kaka deserved a card for throwing that elbow evenif he does belong to Jesus.

BTW diving is a cardable offense and I've seen players tossed for it numerous times.

And so have I Jesus Christ you act like your the only person who has ever watched football. Kaka barley threw an elbow at most, the guy ran into his elbow, and the guy was grabbing his face not a drama queen according to you right? This guy is such a faker and you cant even recognize it. I understand what its like to play football because i played it and ive also played rugby. And your right next time im watching highlights of a game that i dont get on TV ill be sure not to trust the announcer since your the true expert on Ronaldo.

http://soccer-portal.org/cat/news/2189-kaka-sending-off.html This video is also Fake too right? It seems like you have no idea what your talking about you think he deserved a red card for what? The guy is convulsing on the pitch! Haha such a joke

No player in the world gets fouled as often as Ronaldo. Alex Ferguson would have benched him if he play acted as much as you think he did. I haven't watched him quite as often since he moved to Madrid, but he certainly learned how to stay on his feet at Manchester.