• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wow I just got my butt kicked

so getting sick is just part of the hobby. Is this a fairly common occurrence or does it get better with time?

ok so this was my first and it will not be my last but it will be my last one first thing in the morning hole crap my wife said I am green! A few Candies and a nap I will be fine but wow!

You can hunt all day & haul an elk out of the mountains but this little cigar whipped your a$$ ?

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan...... :rolleyes:

ok so this was my first and it will not be my last but it will be my last one first thing in the morning hole crap my wife said I am green! A few Candies and a nap I will be fine but wow!

You can hunt all day & haul an elk out of the mountains but this little cigar whipped your a$$ ?

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan...... :rolleyes:

I know I am such a puss! hahaha Ass

Bro, alwasy keep some sugar on hand. Whether its in a Pepsi or a sugar packet. You'll never go wrong that way. I smoke in my apartment at school, and I always double check to make sure I have SOMETHING (read: ANYTHING) lol with sugar in it if I'm not sure about the NIC content. Glad to see you've gotten over the sickness. I'm scared of LFDs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You can smoke in your school apartment? :angry: Not fair.

so getting sick is just part of the hobby. Is this a fairly common occurrence or does it get better with time?
No, and then yes. I don't get sick from cigars unless I've been smoking all day, it's an LFD/Opus X, or if I have not had anything to eat yet. Other than that, I am usually fine before and after, albeit a little tired.

I like the LFD's but have to have a full stomach when I smoke one.

Another that totally kicked my butt was the Coronado by La Flor. Smoked one one in a blind review on an empty stomach. The walls were moving in on me by the time I finished that stick.

Same thing happened to me when I smoked a chiselito one Saturday afternoon in the summer sun and on an upset stomach. Worst cigar experience of my life. I've since grown to enjoy fuller cigars, but know under which conditions to tackle the baddest of the bad boys. I have a chisel resting in my humidor waiting for just such an occasion - my first rematch with the DL.

RP, glad to see that you survived. Did you smoke the Natural, or the Oscuro?
Both excellent cigars, but I like the Oscuro a bit more.
I'm smoking my first LFD Cheroot. This one has some chewy smoke. I would venture to say if it was the same size as the Chisel, grown men would cry. Beware! :D

The Cheroot makes the chisel seem medium bodied, this little badboy is by far the strongest cigar I have ever smoked.

I'm a big fan of a maduro chiselito in the morning. Actually, had one with an orange crush yesterday morning. Yum.

There's also a rumor floating around you like scrubbing your private parts with a brillo pad!! Gotta be that years of "conditioning" you're used to... :laugh:

That is one fine cigar - however, even on my BEST day I would not start out with it. That's a "end of a fine evening" kinda smoke, after a good steak and paired with a fine anejo tequila!