• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Xikar Cutters

orangeman, they have a great reputation for service and they always take care of the customer . The reason being, their cutters break all the time and their blades go dull just as often. Who cares how good their service is, I would much rather have a cutter that I never have to send back for any reason.

The SAK, Zino's and Palio's never get sent back.

I want one of those self sharpening dual-blade Zippo cutters but they are so hard to find.

ATM I'm using a Guy Janot cutter. its good but starting to show signs of wear.

I have a Xikar Cigar multi-tool and have had it for about a year now, still sharp as ever and have used it for everything from working on dirt bikes while on the track, to removing screws from my truck and it cuts great every damn time. never had to return it and all i do is rinse it with water and wipe it off. the only thing going wrong with it was the black paint is coming fading and coming off a little bit on the edges but that is to be expected for everything I use it for. In my opinion the best cutter ive ever owned and will definately go back to Xikar ifthis ever gets old or goes bad.

K&P

I have a Xikar Cigar multi-tool (made in Italy) and have had it for about a year now, still sharp as ever and have used it for everything from working on dirt bikes while on the track, to removing screws from my truck and it cuts great every damn time. never had to return it and all i do is rinse it with water and wipe it off. the only thing going wrong with it was the black paint is coming fading and coming off a little bit on the edges but that is to be expected for everything I use it for. In my opinion the best cutter ive ever owned and will definately go back to Xikar if this ever gets old or goes bad.

K&P

Shiba,
I love this cutter. At first I found it a bit awkward to handle and a little unwieldly, but now I just can't use anything else.

Getting your two fingers to cut the cigar accurately may take some practice, but I find that using my thumb and middle finger produces the best control so I don't destroy the heads of my puros.

Best of luck to you .... go for it. I don't think you'll be sorry!
Darren

Shiba said:
I am getting ready to buy a new cutter... my old one is worn out. Ihave been looking at these Xikar cutters. Are these cutters worth the money? Are they that much different? I am looking at buying one but I thought I would ask you all first.

Thanks.
[snapback]235770[/snapback]​

I've had mine for the better part of this year..I'm quite happy with it, my only complaint is that all those little screws can come loose and need re-tightening. The screw which holds the release button kept falling out pretty much when it was new so I had to use some "lock-tight" product to fix that..it still cuts well, but I'm starting to think about sending it in for it's first sharpening.

Palio has a great reputation. I know guys who swear by them, and say they never have had to send them back.

Well I dropped my Xicar on concrete the other day and the fiberglass trim on the outer edge of one of the blades broke and came off.
Their customer sevice responded very quickly to my e-mailed questions on the warranty, BUT could not guarantee that my German blade cutter and not a Taiwanese one, would be returned to me.
I'm taking the chance.
I do think it's a fine cutter though.

Well I went to a local shop yesterday and saw that they had this cutter which looks ever so awesome in person... so I caved and bought it...

xikar.jpg

It is purdy!!! :)

Shiba said:
Well I went to a local shop yesterday and saw that they had this cutter which looks ever so awesome in person... so I caved and bought it...

xikar.jpg

It is purdy!!! :)
[snapback]238453[/snapback]​

That is cool looking. I have the titanum Xi and really like it.

Anyone have one of their knives? They're probably great too.

if you like that cutter check out kershaw knives web page
it takes a few minutes to find but they make a knife called a rainbow leek
looks just like that cutter
or google image:rainbow leek

theyre cool :cool: make a nice pair

Thanks for the info Outlaw... I will be sure to check it out. Thanks again!!!

MilesMingusMonk said:
Crawl back under your rock K&P. Link
[snapback]236118[/snapback]​

Did you mean this post Kirk???

K&P Tells us what he REALLY thinks...

BTW - I have a Xikar cutter... Dropped it and broke the springs. Factory said send it back - returned a new one less than 10 days letter with a huge apology letter...

They may not be the absolute best, but they are better than quite a few... (like the one that totally came apart on me that cost me $20 that had no warranty)

hmm...looks like these Xikar cutters are worth the money. Gotta put them down on the "things to buy" list! :)

-Zach

The Xicars are great and their customer service is excellent.

The Palios are excellent cutters as well but aren't being produced or supported right now (soon to change, I have heard).

BTW-No blade or set of blades can be "self sharpening"...only self honing