• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You know how to tell you're not 20 anymore?

Surgery did not go as planned for the Doc. He originally said it would take 1/2 hour and one little incision down by the ball of my foot. Well I ended up being on the table for 3+ with an incision at both ends of the bone one at my heal and one up by my toes. He said he was having a hard time with just the one access point to drill it ot for the screw guide wire do to my bones being very dense. The doc that did some emergency surgery on a duel compound fraction on my forearm had similar issues due to the density of the bone. If they are so fucking dense why do they keep breaking and leaving me with more and more hardware in my body.

All in all it went well and I am back to starting my road to recovery. Now time to get healthy since my first half marathon in a Boston is quickly approaching in May. I thank you all for your well wishes here and FB.

Merry Christmas,
Paul

Hope your recovery is quick and uneventful. Again, Merry Christmas!

After just over 10 long weeks (73 days) I am back at work and finishing up my first day. I hate to say it but I really started to get comfortable at home and in my little routine. It gave me a little taste of what retirement is like so I have that to look forward to over the next 40 years.  :laugh: The bone in my foot has finally started to heal and I was cleared to walk 2 weeks ago and cleared to return to work for today if there was no pain after two weeks of walking on it. The bone should be fully healed by March and I hope at that point I am cleared to start jogging again since the wife and I have a 10k at the end of April and our first 1/2 Marathon at the end of May. 

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes I really appreciate it.

Paul 

Tall Paul said:
After just over 10 long weeks (73 days) I am back at work and finishing up my first day.

Paul 

Thank God!...and the CP Server says thank you as well.  :laugh:

ironpeddler said:

After just over 10 long weeks (73 days) I am back at work and finishing up my first day.

Paul 

Thank God!...and the CP Server says thank you as well.  :laugh:

Love you too...  :D

It's about time Paul! Glad your back to work brother and feeling better.

Take care of yourself now and retirement will be much more enjoyable. Glad you're back to work.

Well over the past 2 moths I've been dealing with some significant pain in my foot around the surgery area. During the past 2 weeks I have had a bump on the top of my foot that was getting larger and larger. Last week I finally said enough was enough and went in for an xray which showed exactly what I suspected. The screw has started to back it's way out. Pushing hard against the other bones in that area and pushing it's way to the surface of my skin. So the doctor says no big deal we'll get in there again and take it out. Yesterday after a short trip to the surgical center the screw is out and I'll be back on my feet today. Just thought I'd fill you guys in and share a cool pic.

68f43789f8a650ab30c41c0671786043.jpg

Paul

Good God, that was in your foot.  Hope you feel better.

PS....You know your not 20 when you throw your back out sneezing(not me but a friend, twice).