• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You Learn Something New Every Day Pass

Wow,

Some heavy hitting going on already. Gonna be a while before it gets to me so I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show. :D

Wilkey

PS. Two things...

1. It's aok with me if BobbyRitz and I do our P/T together.

2. Did the box ever get swapped to cut out the "dimensional weight" issue?

Wilkey

I used click-n-ship online and set the weight for 10lbs, even though it probably weighs 5 or 6. Only costs ~$9.......

Though my puts far out weight my takes I didn't think that anyone would have a problem with them! My puts weren't done on a 1 to 1 ratio. This is your call Phil!

I think they are more than fair obviously. I have just always read that puts are to be done on a 1:1 ratio, and was trying to figure which was for the Millenium. I had no idea what the value on the Bratalia is and was just curious more than anything.

Brad I think your puts are more than good enough lol! The CAO does cover the millennium and the other sticks are certainly covered as well. I think it was just a little confusing since typically P/T are listed as 1 for 1 and although that still applies here, it just wasn't obvious from the order your puts were listed.

To point 2: Brad if you can find a more suitable box that would be awesome. I apologize for the inconvenience guys, since I had no problem sending it off I figured it would be fine.

Wilkey: You and Rob can figure out your P/T however you wish just make sure we know which one of your spots you want to share so the box gets mailed to the right place.

Tim: The reason Justin raised the point is typically (and in this pass) puts/takes are done on a 1 to 1, value for value, rarity for rarity basis. So usually you see a specific valued put matched up with the comparable take. E.g., Take #12: Swisher Sweet Tequila / Put #25: White Owl Watermelon. In the case of a masterpiece, if you are talking about the Hemi Masterpiece, that wouldn't quite cover a Davidoff Millennium torp which retails for closer to 17 as I recall. Brad's puts were VERY generous they just weren't listed in the typical way.

Though my puts far out weight my takes I didn't think that anyone would have a problem with them! My puts weren't done on a 1 to 1 ratio. This is your call Phil!

I think they are more than fair obviously. I have just always read that puts are to be done on a 1:1 ratio, and was trying to figure which was for the Millenium. I had no idea what the value on the Bratalia is and was just curious more than anything.

PM sent

I know that I am not part of this pass, but I am really trying to learn the art of puts and takes.

With the question of SB's p/t would the Masterpiece be a fair trade with the Millennium? I could not find a torp, only a toro for pricing
And for the Bratalia, all I can find is a sampler of 5 cigars the retails for about $100. So even the basic math would put it at $20, which I think is also fair for the Millennium.

Again I am just asking so I can learn this. I AM NOT QUESTIONING ANYONES PUTS/TAKES.

If I am way off base here please let me know where I went wrong. MSRP and cigar value is really killing me.....

Tim

PM sent

Tim: The reason Justin raised the point is typically (and in this pass) puts/takes are done on a 1 to 1, value for value, rarity for rarity basis. So usually you see a specific valued put matched up with the comparable take. E.g., Take #12: Swisher Sweet Tequila / Put #25: White Owl Watermelon. In the case of a masterpiece, if you are talking about the Hemi Masterpiece, that wouldn't quite cover a Davidoff Millennium torp which retails for closer to 17 as I recall. Brad's puts were VERY generous they just weren't listed in the typical way.

Thanks for taking the time to help, and pointing out my mistakes.

Still lurking and learnin'

Tim

I used click-n-ship online and set the weight for 10lbs, even though it probably weighs 5 or 6. Only costs ~$9.......

Rub it in why don't ya! I have learned my lesson and will follow suit in the future!

I think they are more than fair obviously. I have just always read that puts are to be done on a 1:1 ratio, and was trying to figure which was for the Millennium. I had no idea what the value on the Bratalia is and was just curious more than anything.

Brad, it was brought to my attention by a brother on here that I respect a lot that this may have been seen as an insult, which isn't what was intended by any means. Your puts BY FAR out weight the takes, and I was actually trying to understand and learn. I probably need to be more careful how I word things, and if I caused any offense, I apologize.

I hope nobody took it that way Justin, I thought you asked a good clarifying question. I didn't get the impression that anyone was questioning Brad's puts at all, just trying to figure out the order. No need to worry, we all know Brad is the coolest :D. Also, as an aside, people participating in this pass should feel free to discuss how it is moving along and any aspect of the P/T, I consider that a fundamental right of participating in a pass.

I think they are more than fair obviously. I have just always read that puts are to be done on a 1:1 ratio, and was trying to figure which was for the Millennium. I had no idea what the value on the Bratalia is and was just curious more than anything.

Brad, it was brought to my attention by a brother on here that I respect a lot that this may have been seen as an insult, which isn't what was intended by any means. Your puts BY FAR out weight the takes, and I was actually trying to understand and learn. I probably need to be more careful how I word things, and if I caused any offense, I apologize.
Justin, you have nothing to apologize for. You have every right to question P/T when it doesn't seem up to snuff. I try to normally do a 1 for 1 but sometimes the one is just slightly under the value so I try to make up with it an extra stick. Besides it gives a pass a little more variety! I believe the CAO would be just as I stated, slightly below the value of the Davidoff. No one takes this as an insult, especially me!

Yeah Charlie if you think this one is big you wouldn't have believed Brad's beast of a pass

SmokyBalls

Let me also say that in no way did I mean any disrespect to you or anyone else that may have taken offense to my post.

Humbly
Tim

Very nicely done thus far!

Phil, it doesn't matter to me if Wilkey and I tackle are P's and T's in my slot or his. Whichever is more convenient. It might make sense for us to both post P's and T's in Wilkey's slot as Anthony lives in NJ.

Let me know,

Rob

Oh heck,

I just realized that Rob and I are not in adjacent slots in the pass order. Oops! I think that perhaps it would be best if we just handled it separately then. Three intervening players is a bit too much of a gap to span I think.

What say you, Rob?

Wilkey

In the interest of keeping things on the right timeline I am going to make an addition or two to our lineup shortly. Jim must remain slot 15! Also unfortunately it looks like someone later in the pass will be unavailable so I will be deciding how to deal with that also.