• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You Learn Something New Every Year Pass aka...This space reserved...

Brian,
It's in the air and headed your way: 0308 2690 0002 2617 3274

Phil,
Thank you for the invitation. Rob and I were discussing how this pass has become one of the highlights of the passing season. Best of luck to the remaining passers!

Wilkey
I'm ready to go!

First post updated. Remember to get those lessons in guys! Right now there are only a few and I may have to rethink the final contest if there isn't more interest before then

Seems as if a large box from a nefarious character in Delaware has arrived at my house. I'll have some P/T's up for scrutiny tonight.

ok, here we go

48 Opus X xXx - LFD Outlaw '08
74 Padron 40th - Edmundo Dantes Conde 109 OR
83 Opus X Petite Lancero - AVO LE07
94 Trinidad Ingenios EL '07 - Montecristo "A" '01
101 Cohiba Siglo VI Tubo - Cuaba Diademas coffined (big sucker)

Let me know what you guys think.

Brian

Edited to take out the Milli / eXtacy tade.

ok, here we go

28 Opus X eXtacy - Padron Millenium Maduro

Brian

Ah Yeah! Works for me! :D

Am I going to have to end up being a Jonesy picket line member. :sign:

ok, here we go

Brian

Ok i have a few issues with some of these. Brian you shot my put for a LFD limited cigar for an opus in another pass stating that Opus and anejo could only be taken for a like cigar, meaning an opus or an anejo. Here you are taking 2 of them and putting a pretty common Limited release Avo and a LFD outlaw. Using your own comment this would not work. I may not be wrong but you have also stated this in your newbie pass.

The eXtacy for the Padron millenium is not a fair trade as the eXtacy is one of 400 made. In comparison the Millenium is much more common.

ok, here we go

Brian

Ok i have a few issues with some of these. Brian you shot my put for a LFD limited cigar for an opus in another pass stating that Opus and anejo could only be taken for a like cigar, meaning an opus or an anejo. Here you are taking 2 of them and putting a pretty common Limited release Avo and a LFD outlaw. Using your own comment this would not work. I may not be wrong but you have also stated this in your newbie pass.

The eXtacy for the Padron millenium is not a fair trade as the eXtacy is one of 400 made. In comparison the Millenium is much more common.

Let's see....the LFD is specific to the Outlaw and is a one time release...I think that coupled with a $3 bump in price makes it work. The AVO LE is a pretty good put IMO also. I've already talked to Phil on the Milli for the Extacy and I'm pulling it for the reasons you stated. Thanks for the lesson on P/T's though! BTW, if you're going to quote me, make sure you do it right because I said they needed to go fo like cigars OR higher end cigars that aren't regular production.

Well considering the LFD BTB 08 was offere up to CP at 214 a box making them an $8.92 and MSPR on the xXx is $9.25 even if you take the $10 MSRP of the LFD outlaw its not a $3 increase as you state but a .75 cents.

My issue with this was is that I put a $9.50 LFD Limitado III in which is also limited for an anejo 77 which has MSRP of $9.25 so this is what confuses me. Either way I don't really care as it is phils pass just thought by what you have stated that this wasn't acceptable.

I don't personally have an issue with it as I think the Avo is a good cigar and the BTB is a decent smoke as well.

Well considering the LFD BTB 08 was offere up to CP at 214 a box making them an $8.92 and MSPR on the xXx is $9.25 even if you take the $10 MSRP of the LFD outlaw its not a $3 increase as you state but a .75 cents.

My issue with this was is that I put a $9.50 LFD Limitado III in which is also limited for an anejo 77 which has MSRP of $9.25 so this is what confuses me. Either way I don't really care as it is phils pass just thought by what you have stated that this wasn't acceptable.

I don't personally have an issue with it as I think the Avo is a good cigar and the BTB is a decent smoke as well.

I did not realize the rarity of the Xtasy over the PMM when I made my post saying it all looked good. The right thing was done with Phil and Brian doing it Via PM, then the rest for everyone to see.

I can't speak for Brian's pass. That's something that you need to take issue with him outside of Phil's pass Josh. As far as the rest of the P&T's go though I really don't see anything that looks out of order..............Once again, Phil's call as this is his pass. I can only give an opinion.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.*

*With apologies to George. ;)

I did not realize the rarity of the Xtasy over the PMM when I made my post saying it all looked good. The right thing was done with Phil and Brian doing it Via PM, then the rest for everyone to see.

I can't speak for Brian's pass. That's something that you need to take issue with him outside of Phil's pass Josh. As far as the rest of the P&T's go though I really don't see anything that looks out of order..............Once again, Phil's call as this is his pass. I can only give an opinion.

My issue is not with him or his pass. Its an issue of consistency. Its not ok for one but it is for another. I just want to be clear as I could care less. I agreed with Brian that my put was not ok and changed it. Now he has proposed one that is very close to one that he opposed.

As a single cigar the LFD Outlaw is being sold for $11 a pop right now (Bsneed gave me the current MSRP for my ongoing pass) so pardon me for my inadequacy in my math skills. I know this is Phil's pass, but when you're implying I'm going on double standards by quoting "half" of something I said in my newbie pass, it pisses me off and it seems you're questioning my integrity which I don't take lightly. I would have accepted both of these trades in my passes because it meets the criteria of being a limited run or higher end cigar. Seems as if you've been waiting for me to make my P/T's to scrutinize them since I turned one of your trades down in one of my passes. Seeing you've stated again in this post "this wasn't acceptable" solidifies my last statement. I have no problem when people scrutinize my proposed P/T's, it's when it's done in the nature that you've done it, it becomes uncalled for.

My issue is not with him or his pass. Its an issue of consistency. Its not ok for one but it is for another. I just want to be clear as I could care less. I agreed with Brian that my put was not ok and changed it. Now he has proposed one that is very close to one that he opposed.
If I remember correctly, you proposed a Limitado which is not in the same class as a cigar made for one specific B&M ONE TIME! That's why yours was turned down.

As a single cigar the LFD Outlaw is being sold for $11 a pop right now (Bsneed gave me the current MSRP for my ongoing pass) so pardon me for my inadequacy in my math skills. I know this is Phil's pass, but when you're implying I'm going on double standards by quoting "half" of something I said in my newbie pass, it pisses me off and it seems you're questioning my integrity which I don't take lightly. I would have accepted both of these trades in my passes because it meets the criteria of being a limited run or higher end cigar. Seems as if you've been waiting for me to make my P/T's to scrutinize them since I turned one of your trades down in one of my passes. Seeing you've stated again in this post "this wasn't acceptable" solidifies my last statement. I have no problem when people scrutinize my proposed P/T's, it's when it's done in the nature that you've done it, it becomes uncalled for.

If I remember correctly, you proposed a Limitado which is not in the same class as a cigar made for one specific B&M ONE TIME! That's why yours was turned down. Obviously you could care less as you're trying to make a public spectacle out of this by multiple referrals to my passes].

You may very well have an issue of consistency. Once again I was pointing out that you should take issue outside of Phil's pass, and in Jonesy's. I have not even been back to see what he said to you in your proposed P&T's, and I'm not taking sides. Just pointing out that there's a better way. Perhaps a friendly PM questioning him, and then after no results quote his P&T's here in his pass along with your question.

All look good to me except this one. The LFD can be had anywhere from $5.75 to $9 so you're iffy on the $ value, but you're way off on the rarity factor....you can't just put in a common cigar that maybe has a slightly higher dollar value for a limited release cigar. I don't know enough about the Island Prince Luana Iki Light to comment on it. Maybe Charlie can chime in on that one.

Take ------------------------------------------Put
AF Anejo #77 --------------------------------LFD Limitado III

Josh

While not as limited in production as the LFD Outlaw 08, the LFD Lim III is still a pretty limited cigar. It is a one time limited production. As far as finding them 'anywhere,' while not the be all, end all, Cigarcylopedia only lists them as available at 2 of their retailers, and one of them doesn't even have it on their site.

IMHO, the LFD Limitado is actually a more valuable put than an Outlaw LFD. The Limitado is a very unique blend, and while there were more Limitados made at one point than LFD Outlaws, the age and uniqueness of the blend make it stand out.

My understanding is that the LFD Outlaw blend is very similar to some of Litto's exiting cigars.

I'm speaking of the original Limitado here... obviously the III is easier to come by currently.

Brian,

My if you look closely I am asking for clarification not a fight. I in no way was question your integrity. I feel as though you are trying to blow this up out of proportion and make it into such. I am sorry if the way I put it sounded or seemed anything other than looking for your reasoning behind it and backing it up.

To be honest I wish the PMM for the eXtacy was in the pass as the PMM is a cigar I would love to have. That was the only cigar I truly had issues with, the others I wanted to see where you where coming from. I'll admit I didn't completely reread your pass and your comment as to opus and Anejo's and went off of memory and should not have and am sorry for misquoting you.

IMHO, the LFD Limitado is actually a more valuable put than an Outlaw LFD. The Limitado is a very unique blend, and while there were more Limitados made at one point than LFD Outlaws, the age and uniqueness of the blend make it stand out.

My understanding is that the LFD Outlaw blend is very similar to some of Litto's exiting cigars.

I'm speaking of the original Limitado here... obviously the III is easier to come by currently.

Yeah, but I think we are talking about Josh having issue with a LFD Limitado III being denied fair trade for a Shark. Not the Outlaw LFD, or did I misunderstand you. ???

Yeah, but I think we are talking about Josh having issue with a LFD Limitado III being denied fair trade for a Shark. Not the Outlaw LFD, or did I misunderstand you. ???

Once again I had no issue with it in the other pass and I pulled it once arguments where made and I understood where people where coming from. All I was asking for was clarification on Jonsey's puts as he was the first to shoot down the LFD Limitado III. I would have asked this question if it had been anyone else's put as well. It is not specific to Jonsey.

Why does asking a question have to blow up into a huge debate. If it had simply been stated that msrp on the LFD BTB is $11 and only x # of boxes made, making it equally or more rare than the xXx, that would have been sufficient and it would be up to the pass host to make the final decision. It did not need to get this blown out of proportion. I apologize for letting it get blown up by not just letting it go..

That's fine guys.I'll redo my P/T's later tonight to fix these issues. I didn't realize the Limitado III was a more limited release than the Outlaw cigar. Sorry for the way I came off to you Josh, I just responded the way I felt it deserved since I obviously read into it wrong.

Brian,

I am sorry if I made you think that I was jumping down your throat. That was not the case. As I stated I have no issue with the put, I just wanted to know your logic behind it if that makes since.

Josh