• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your Annual Costs

Ironworker

CP's Official Construction Contractor
My credit card bill came in last night an about knocked my arse flat to the floor. :0
Since joining here just a few weeks ago I figured I needed a small selection of smokes to start then I would build GRADUALLY.

Well like everything else I do in life I seem to go way overboard on everything. What started a little relaxing fun turned into a $1500 expense in less than 30 days.
Keep in mind I did buy a new 1200ct Humi from Cheaphumi's for about $500. Another $400 was spent at a very evil place, (Cigarbid) you all know that one ???

Clicking the internet I found a bunch of smokes ISOMS which are easily double the price of Dom brands. Walla, the rest of the $1500 was spent.

My favorite smoke is a Partagas 8-9-8, I smoke an average of 3-4 gars a day which gets a little pricey.

I know I am just getting started in this game but the spending is going to have slow way down.

What average amount of money do you spend a month?

Rich

Usually it is a very modest number because I have been traveling. Not smoking nearly as much. But since I received my bonus, my purchases have shot up over the last month. I have probably spent $600 in the past month. Usually, $500 is about average for 6 months. LOL

Emo

I try to keep it under $100 a month. Last month I spent $700, so that's working out well.

JK

grand cru no 2 said:
I tend to keep it to about $200-$300 a month. If I can only get away from Cbid I'll be ok. ;)
[snapback]191413[/snapback]​
The key with cbid is to find the lowest price on the net, and bid $10 under that price. If you win, you still did better than the best price, and the shipping will be less than $10. I still think the best place to buy cigars is of this board and the CW board. You can find good deals from the traders on both boards. Just my $.02 cents.

Emo

It appears you are in good company and we all understand. I think that a reasonable punishment for your overspending . . . something that will teach you a lesson . . . would be to send all who respond to this thread a small package of the offending smokes :whistling:

JAEwing said:
It appears you are in good company and we all understand. I think that a reasonable punishment for your overspending . . . something that will teach you a lesson . . . would be to send all who respond to this thread a small package of the offending smokes :whistling:
[snapback]191421[/snapback]​
:whistling: Now that is a neat idea! ???

I spend what my wife allows, those of you who are hitched know what i mean :whistling:

There are cigars she knows about and there are cigars she does not know about...

Thank god my wife does not read this board. :whistling:

junkman_56 said:
There are cigars she knows about and there are cigars she does not know about...

Thank god my wife does not read this board. :whistling:
[snapback]191430[/snapback]​

LMAO, nailed me.

Yep, I'm in the "Good thing the wife doesn't read this board" crowd. And then there was that day she discovered the coolidor, with a little over a hundred smokes in it. When she said, "Do you know how many cigars you have in there?" my quick thinking saved me and I said, "No, not really." I think if I had said that yes I knew exactly how many I had I'd be dead meat.

So to answer your question, I'm trying to keep it under $100 per month, which is well under the wife's radar. And maybe once or twice a year I'll make a big purchase that I'll have to send in paperwork for pre-approval.

I have no wife so I can do whatever the hell I want :laugh:

I honestly have no idea how much I spend per month because I don't really keep track. I just buy cigars when I need them and I don't go near CBid since they hardly ever sell anything I want.

I'm in the wrong line of work or I have two many other hobbies. I guess that is why I have coolidor and humidor envy. :blush: If I ever spent that much on cigars I would be looking for a new place to live after the judge awards the house to the wife.

No way I could hide that. "Honey cigars? What cigars?" :whistling:

I guess I need to get that second job to try and catch up. :D

Diesel Grinch said:
If I remember right Bill you have something more expensive.

An Ex-Wife!
[snapback]191461[/snapback]​

LMAO!! In theory no because no alimony and no kids therefore I don't have to write checks to her. :laugh:

I work 6 days a week, 10-13 hours a day. My fiance' is in school (that I am paying for) and doesn't work, so I don't have to answer to her about no frigging cigars! :laugh:

grand cru no 2 said:
I work 6 days a week, 10-13 hours a day. My fiance' is in school (that I am paying for) and doesn't work, so I don't have to answer to her about no frigging cigars! :laugh:
[snapback]191478[/snapback]​
Ray, when fiance becomes wife.....you'll find out :D