• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

I'm going through a phase of smoking all the random singles I find in my humidor that I forgot about. This is a Partagas 160. Pretty sure it has been in my humidor since before I moved to Indy in '07. The wrapper is starting to split, so I selected it for my morning cigar/e-mail time which I have now dubbed "Burn & Return".

image.jpeg

I know you're supposed to let them rest longer than this, but I just couldn't wait---first God of Fire Aniversario from the sampler. Chose one of the 54 rings to die in a fire. And oh, baby. Nice. :D

~Boar

^ I have to post just a bit more about this bad boy.

I'd place it closer to the Don Carlos than the Carlito end of the God of Fire spectrum. It's much more rich, complex, and smooth than "buckle your seatbelts, boyos" and almost Davidoff-like in its subtlety. Just plain tasty, but not overpowering or a spice bomb at all.

The smoke is the thing. There's a lot of it, and it's not only silky and creamy and smooth . . . it's THICK. Really dense in terms of its mouth feel. Apart from a carefully aged (and quite old) Cuban I was gifted years ago, I've never experienced anything quite like it. It's really exquisite.

~Boar