• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Friend's brother took a round in Iraq today

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
U.S. Army Ranger

Upper leg and bounced into his gut :(

My friend who is a K9 MP is in Afganistan and they should be letting him come back to Germany early to see his bro who was med-evaced in stable condition to Landstuhl this morning.

Your prayers would be appreciated.

I don't mean to threadjack, but I'm VERY disturbed that Lumberg is posting in this thread after expressing his pretty messed up feelings on this very matter. It seems degrading to me, and in your friends honor, that he would post "hope he gets better soon" after starting the "I'm going to be controversial here and ask, your opinion." thread (link).

Lumberg writes at the beginning of that thread...:

Why is it considered a tragedy of extra proportions when a Law Enforcement Officer, or especially a member of our armed forces, gets hurt or dies?

I view it VERY tragic that your friend was hurt, and a painful reminder of the struggle we're engaged in.

And of course Lumberg adds his political commentary at the end... "war is hell".

Damn it, Lumberg... Why the f*$% would you do that!!! It just pisses me off to no end you would do something so friggen shallow...

Sorry - rant off - MY prayers and best wishes for your friend's speedy recovery. And I would love to personally thank him for his service - it's good to know there are guys like him out there selflessly giving of themselves to defend us...

I'd really like a PM with his address information - I'd love to send him a care package....

Hope your friend makes a speedy recovery. Thank him for his service to our country also!!

Lumpy is suffering from low-tox antifreeze toxicity....

Wurm said:
Your prayers would be appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear that news but am heartened that his condition is stable. When somebody who volunteers is hurt or killed they're really taking one for the rest of US who are sitting at home in a comfortable chair. Please thank your friend and his brother for their service.

I'll say prayers for them both.

Prayers sent to your friend. It takes real guts to be placed in harms way.

Lumpy... :angry:

prayers sent, all the best to him, his family, and friends

I appreciate his service

I hope he gets well soon. I've had a few Marines that I've known wounded or killed in Iraq and I know who did it too.

AVB I've lost some old teammates over there as well.

and to ggiese I'll ask if its ok and if it is I'll pm you his address.

And guys you need to stop ragging on Lumberg because of the question he asked in that thread (took me a while to search it out). Instead of flaming him you should have taken the oppertunity to explain to him why it does matter and why we should feel different when a military member is wounded or dies in action. Those of us who have "Seen the elephant." know without being asked, those who haven't served however have no idea what war is all about and need to have it explained to them. No flames or insults, just the facts. Its the only way they can come to understand.

And his statement "War is hell" is 100% true, regardless of the meaning he had or didn't have behind posting it.

Wurm said:
AVB I've lost some old teammates over there as well.

and to ggiese I'll ask if its ok and if it is I'll pm you his address.

And guys you need to stop ragging on Lumberg because of the question he asked in that thread (took me a while to search it out). Instead of flaming him you should have taken the oppertunity to explain to him why it does matter and why we should feel different when a military member is wounded or dies in action. Those of us who have "Seen the elephant." know without being asked, those who haven't served however have no idea what war is all about and need to have it explained to them. No flames or insults, just the facts. Its the only way they can come to understand.

And his statement "War is hell" is 100% true, regardless of the meaning he had or didn't have behind posting it.
[snapback]241881[/snapback]​

Ok... good idea, Wurm...

Please - explain it without flames to Lumberg.... I believe you're in a perfect position to explain it. ;)

Lumberg - wake up - I think Wurm has something to tell you...

ggiese said:
Ok... good idea, Wurm...

Please - explain it without flames to Lumberg.... I believe you're in a perfect position to explain it. ;)

[snapback]241898[/snapback]​

No need really, if 7 pages in that thread didn't do it nothing will.

I think AVB summed it up best

AVB said:
I've been watching and reading this from when it was first posted. I had hoped that the point that was trying to be made was why is the moral view i.e. all life is sacred; is different then the societal view that LEO and service members are more valuable. That is how I read and took the question however, it seems that I'm in the minority in that view.

Thats also how I read his question, it didn't upset me or get me fired up. I having served my country saw him asking a valid question.

But this thread is about my friend's brother and not to rehash the old debate.

Wurm said:
ggiese said:
Ok... good idea, Wurm...

[snapback]241898[/snapback]​

No need really, if 7 pages in that thread didn't do it nothing will.

I think AVB summed it up best

AVB said:
I've been watching and reading this from when it was first posted. I had hoped that the point that was trying to be made was why is the moral view i.e. all life is sacred; is different then the societal view that LEO and service members are more valuable. That is how I read and took the question however, it seems that I'm in the minority in that view.

Thats also how I read his question, it didn't upset me or get me fired up. I having served my country saw him asking a valid question.

But this thread is about my friend's brother and not to rehash the old debate.
[snapback]241912[/snapback]​

It is considered a tragedy of extra proportions when a member of our armed forces, gets hurt or dies. I believe you'll agree with that - considering you started this thread. The debate was again brought to the forefront when Lumberg chimed in - like your friend's brother has the flu...

I have been in law enforcement for over 25 years and I do know what sacrifice means. I've seen death and life threatening injuries with fellow officers selflessly giving themselves for others.

I believe you've expressed your understanding that Lumberg doesn't get it in saying, "if 7 pages in that thread didn't do it nothing will" And obviously Lumberg still to this day doesn't get it. If he doesn't get it, why would he post here? That's my point!

Knowing Lumberg's views given that earlier thread, his posting in this thread in my view insults the sacrifice of your friend's brother - and all others that serve our country. Try to escape the debate - you can't. To me, Lumberg's response minimizes what your friend's brother has gone through. And maybe this is EXACTLY what Lumberg needs to "get it". Openly discussing what this injury to your friend REALLY means to everyone.