• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Doc's folksiness rubbed off and I broke out this 1964 album from a man I met once as a child, The Mayor of MacDougal Street. The movie was loosely based on his life

Inside+Dave+Van+Ronk+1964_Inside+Llewin+Davis+2013.jpg

[QUOTE="Devil Doc, post: 1220254
180 GM 3 LP set.

Doc[/QUOTE]

Never figured you for a "modern" Mac fan

"There's only two kinds of music, good and bad." But then, you knew that. Hell,
I've even come to love Merle Haggard.:cool:

Doc

You can listen to both kinds of music....Country and Western. That's why you have 2 speakers.

The most innovative organist since Virgil Fox
41u0T2oeJ9L._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
DaveVanRonkFolksinger.jpg

Thanks for the nudge Ray. Haven't played a Van Ronk album in a long, long time.
Best version of "Cocaine Blues" evah, in my opinion.

Doc

Reactions: AVB
Changed my pre-amp tubes today. Four years on tubes that are supposed to be changed every two. There's nothing wrong with the old tubes, but Frank said it was about time.

Doc

Got on a manic mix of Jim Croce, Harry Chapin, and the Hollies. Regarding the Hollies, I'm always struck with what a great Drummer Bobby Elliott is.

DaveVanRonkFolksinger.jpg

Thanks for the nudge Ray. Haven't played a Van Ronk album in a long, long time.
Best version of "Cocaine Blues" evah, in my opinion.

Doc

Just listened to a few of his songs, hadn't heard before. I really enjoyed "He was a friend of mine".

Oh! Was just listening to Tom Waits. Remembered that Ron Perlman will be playing him in an upcoming biopic.

Carolina-chocolate-drops-genuine-negro-jig.jpg

The Blues starts here. If you haven't heard Rhiannon Giddens sing, do yourself a favor. She also plays cello and banjo.

Doc

Pentangle+The+Time+Has+Come+1967+-+1973+392189.jpg

Lots of great acoustic ostinato bass lines for those of you setting up speakers.

Doc

The first thing that turned me on to folk singing was Odetta - Bob Dylan
Odetta_Sings_Ballads_and_Blues_original_cover_1956.jpg