• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

One of my all time favorites, and I've had it cranked the last few days. Anniversary release with some unreleased demos coming out 23 September.

Blackparadecover.jpg

One of the truly unique sounds to come out of what was called New Wave
cover.jpg

10_ItsTooLateToStop_430.jpg

Recorded live in concert Los Angeles and London summer 1973
vinyl of course.

Doc

Steve Goodman (RIP). I thoroughly enjoy his performances. I've not met many folks who know who he is. His concerts were an incredible amount of fun.upload_2016-9-3_12-14-45.png

For those who don't know him:

Last edited:
Wanted something light and upbeat as I did some cleaning. Before you laugh, Jimmy Page and Vic Flick were the guitarists and if you don't know who Vic Flick is you must not have listened to 40 years of popular music.

hqdefault.jpg

Wanted something light and upbeat as I did some cleaning. Before you laugh, Jimmy Page and Vic Flick were the guitarists and if you don't know who Vic Flick is you must not have listened to 40 years of popular music.

hqdefault.jpg

Always knew the licks, didn't know it was Flick.

Some folks will do anything for money.:DI'm reminded of Flo and Eddie.

Doc

And speaking of Flo and Eddie:
Turtleshappytogether.jpg

Sundazed re-master.

Doc

Another part of AVB's useless music trivia.

Most people don't know that the Flo in Flo & Eddie was short for Phlorescent Leech (no it isn't spelled wrong) and that they were in the Plastic Ono Band too.

Last edited:
A little more Mark Volman.
7984723329_6bba9aee50.jpg

My favorite Mothers' album.

Doc

Now that is something I collect, I think I have a promo of that one. Don't remember if it is white label or yellow label though.

More AVB's useless music trivia. Zappa's Freak Out was the first double rock album made even more unusual that it was his first album too. It came out in 4 versions. Anybody want to guess what they were?

I respectfully disagree. Bob Dylan's "Blonde on Blonde" was the first R&R

double album.

Doc

Last edited:
Willie_Nelson_%26_Merle_Haggard_-_Django_and_Jimmie.jpg

The Okie from Muskogee seems to have had a change of heart.

Doc

I respectfully disagree. Bob Dylan's "Blonde on Blonde" was the first R&R

double album.

Doc
Here is where time enters the picture. At the time (1966) Dylan had done half an album electric and 2 songs at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival electric. He was still considered a folk artist. Frank Zappa and the Mothers were never considered anything but a rock band. So in 1966 Zappa did release the first rock double album however, now we don't look at Dylan as a folk artist but as a rock artist and so the perspective has changed. The "what" to believe has a lot to do with the "when" you believed it.

I can't match Doc but this one is from '67. This is the only Merle I own and one of just a handful of country albums in my collection. Don't even remember why, where or when I got it.
164716_1_f.jpg

Country music that I like is now called Americana. How convenient. So I don't have any Country albums.:p

Doc

Reactions: AVB
I have my Cousin's CD, which is considered Americana. He won some music awards out in CA under that genre. I might have an old Randy Travis cassette tape. Every once in awhile, a song in that genre really appeals to me.

All 31 singles in order but it is just the A sides so you still need to get Bees Wax and Rag and Bone Buffet for the side 2 songs, most of them anyway.
51NRsl6oooL._SX355_.jpg