• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

PRD74631_450.png

Have tickets to see him Sept. 23rd. 5th row, center in a small venue.

Doc

Before Captain Obvious there was Captain Sensible and The Damned. They were the first English Punks to put out a single and a full length album in 1976
MI0001715034.jpg

Moving up to 1979 but staying in the UK. One of my favorites of the genre, The Stranglers, import with the rare 3D Raven cover. It also came in a printed cover with a picture disc but not both.
The+Stranglers+The+Raven+-+3D+sleeve+159374.jpg

AVB's useless music history trivia. A story that may have many parts.

In 1983 you had your choice of 3 different versions of the same song. Der Kommissar by Falco. Originally written and released it 1981 it was a major hit in all the Germanic counties reaching #1 in Germany, Sweden, Denmark and Austria along with France, Spain Italy and Japan during the summer/fall of 1982. Because of the success it was decided to release it in the UK and US. However, a group called After The Fire had already recorded an English version single. They were working on a new album that would have included the song when they broke up in late 1982. The song was released as a single anyway along with the Flaco German version in the US and Canada in February 1983 (CBS released both versions under different subsidiaries) with the After the Fire version eventually reaching #5 and the Falco original #78. However there was also a version done by Suzi Andrews also on a 12” single that just sorta bubbled under the top 200. To top it all off Laura Branigan released a song at this same time called “Deep In The Dark” which reached #7 using the Falco music but with different lyrics.

Taken from some of the leftovers of my DJ days. I used to mix all 4 together going from German to English to female to a different song and back again.
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

R-2714825-1297767769.jpeg.jpg

Waxing nostalgic.
Edited to add: I just found out he's doing his last tour and will be playing Oct. 3rd just down the road a piece. I'll be getting tickets.
Doc

Last edited:
51poXqfEtcL.jpg

Saw her twice this year at the beginning and end of her "Way Past Midnight" tour. She's still got it even at 71.

Doc

61Kf-4S1v4L._SY355_.jpg

Eric Clapton only wishes he could play like her. As someone once said, "She plays like a man"
CD
Doc

Last edited:
Moving up another 4 years to 1987. Originally issued as a 2 record set, then a 2 CD set in 2000 and finally a DVD-A at 24/96 in 2002 . The DVD has a red badge with yellow letters
51EtiXH8dCL.jpg

Halfway through my Eva Cassidy playlist while smoking a Padron. I could do this for hours.

LOVE Robert Cray. Only blues man I've ever heard play using the #2 pickup position. It's a very unique sound for the genre.
Also, rarely plays AABA or any shuffle for that matter.

Doc

70846.jpg

Robert Gordon with Link Wray.
Link Wray, inventor of the power cord. I never held it against him. OH BTW, if you can't dance to it, it ain't Rock and Roll.

Doc

70846.jpg

Robert Gordon with Link Wray.
Link Wray, inventor of the power cord. I never held it against him. OH BTW, if you can't dance to it, it ain't Rock and Roll.

Doc
I've got Link Wray - Live at the Paradiso that absolutely SMOKES! Wouldn't be easy to dance to though.

Taken from some of the leftovers of my DJ days. I used to mix all 4 together going from German to English to female to a different song and back again.
What years did you DJ?

Was this ever in your lineup?

Perhaps the best live album of the 1990's, Neil Young & Crazy Horse on tour 1991 in support of their Ragged Glory album. This is the limited edition 3 disc set called Arc Weld. It was over 10 years later before you could buy Arc as an individual album.

R-822044-1201824761.jpeg.jpg