• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

LMF45009.jpg

45RPM, 180gm vinyl re-master. "They'll stone you when you win the Nobel Prize."

Doc

Dr. John - Gumbo. Next to Dark Side of the Moon this is the greatest album recorded for my money.

Doc - you have a pretty wide range of tastes, with a self proclaimed "I have no style". I'm interested in what your wife thinks of all this music? Does she listen along or are you rattling the walls when she's working? What are her tastes?

I ask because my wife and I have such different tastes in music, my wife listens to the radio only (mainly country or pop), depending on who is in the car with her.

My wife listens to the music of her youth. She's 56, which I don't particularly care for. Her favorite bands are Def Leopard and the Stones. However, she has loved every concert I've taken her to. From Jackson Browne to Maria Muldaur to Bella Fleck and the Flecktones, which is her favorite. She loves live music. Above all, I'm a musician. There are really only two kinds of music, good and bad. I've just about been in every genre of band you can think of, from marching to Bluegrass to Blues, to Jazz to Reggae. That was a big mistake, Reggae that is. Ironically, I made the most money from playing in a Country Pop band, a style of music I'm not very fond of.

Doc

Reggae. I don't know if I'm too damn picky, but to me, Bob Marley is Reggae. All the others I've tried to listen to just don't even come close (for me). Even his bandmates just don't seem to capture whatever intangible he contributed.

My wife listens to the music of her youth. She's 56, which I don't particularly care for. Her favorite bands are Def Leopard and the Stones. However, she has loved every concert I've taken her to. From Jackson Browne to Maria Muldaur to Bella Fleck and the Flecktones, which is her favorite. She loves live music. Above all, I'm a musician. There are really only two kinds of music, good and bad. I've just about been in every genre of band you can think of, from marching to Bluegrass to Blues, to Jazz to Reggae. That was a big mistake, Reggae that is. Ironically, I made the most money from playing in a Country Pop band, a style of music I'm not very fond of.

Doc

That's great. It's always funny to see the different dynamics, especially in music tastes. So when she uses your system to blast "Pour some sugar on Me", I hope you're enjoying it as much as she is :)

That's great. It's always funny to see the different dynamics, especially in music tastes. So when she uses your system to blast "Pour some sugar on Me", I hope you're enjoying it as much as she is :)
She doesn't use my system. She has her own, which is much simpler than mine to turn on.

Doc

Reggae. I don't know if I'm too damn picky, but to me, Bob Marley is Reggae. All the others I've tried to listen to just don't even come close (for me). Even his bandmates just don't seem to capture whatever intangible he contributed.
You should try listen to some of the stuff that came out before Bob. I just started to look into some of the Jamaican ska artists from the 60's and I'm liking a good portion of it.

Funny that Def Leppard gets mentioned. I was just remembering yesterday when I happened to notice there was a VH1 metal channel on Directv. I tuned to it and they were playing a Def Leppard song. I've never tried that channel again. GTFO.

Switching to some Gang Starr just for Doc.