• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

In keeping with today's theme:
81Xxge5NgCL._SY355_.jpg

The woman can sing. She's also Italian.
Vinyl

Doc

Gaga sounds southern. Calabria maybe? :D

I've been listening to MC5 lately.

Reactions: AVB
Luiz Bonfa - Solo in Rio 1959
Paco De Lucia - Cositas Buenas
Vijay Iyer Trio - Accelerando

Grateful_Dead_-_Grateful_Dead.jpg

Released forty five years ago today. Vinyl of course. Bought it, let me see...about forty five years ago. It was my first Dead album. Not really a big fan though. I like fellas who sing together in the same key.;)

Doc

all_bluesd_up_usa.jpg

Tidal HiFi. Taj, John Hammond, Isaac Hayes, Mavis Staples, the Band and a host of others.

Doc

@AVB That Album is pretty cool on a good stereo. Nice "Wall of sound".

Not sure, but I guess "Sadeness" propelled the mainstream popularity of Gregorian Chant in the 90s.

Trivia: The Gregorian chant used was from an older recording "Paschale Mysterium", specifically "Procedamus In Pace" which Enigma used without permission.

Last edited:
Jimmy Heath - The Gap Sealer
Dexter Gordon - Go
Sonny Sharrock - Ask The Ages

Last edited:
51r9MKIhWuL.jpg

I think it was Monk that was having trouble finding Reggae bands that he liked other than Bob Marley. First thing you need to know is, most Reggae groups are singing groups. The rhythm section are usually hired guns. If Robbie Shakespeare and Sly Dunbar are the bass player and drummer, respectively, you've probably got a good album. This is a good album. I think you'd like it, Monk

Doc

Fixing holes is a piece of cake. Wet compress, some morphine and a huey. You got a low GCT/ARI or something?;)

Doc
I don't think so. Over 150 the last one I took out of the Basic School but so were a bunch of other folks in my class.

Just goes to show you; the Corps is right when they say they can turn anyone into a Marine, even smart people.:rolleyes:

Doc

Larry Garner - Once Upon The Blues
Hadden Sayers - Rolling Soul
Delbert McClinton - Live From Austin
Otis Spann - Is The Blues

Good morning for the blues.