• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Board Etiquitte

Status
Not open for further replies.

grand cru no 2

It seems there have been quite a few posts here lately that have resulted in members being offended, or posts that were just a bit too far out there for this forum.

We all know that the Lobby is for miscellanious topics, but I think everyone needs to think a bit about how a particular topic may impact the forum before they post. CP is growing at a break-neck pace which is making our community here a bit too big for everyone to know everyone elses personality. That being said, someone posting potentially offensive material, even if not meant that way, is a bad idea.

I happened to not be around during the whole K&P disaster, but that is a prime example of the sort of thing that members should not be subjected to here. I will keep my thoughts about that situation to myself (and I have plenty) as I hope others will.

I just want to say that in the future I think members of this community should be more responsible and take great care in keeping CP as controversy free as possible.

How bout some of us remember to take our anti-crazy medications. I think that would help.

BTW FOGS don't care about noobs people. OH! HELL! :blush:

grand cru no 2 said:
I happened to not be around during the whole K&P disaster, but that is a prime example of the sort of thing that members should not be subjected to here. I will keep my thoughts about that situation to myself (and I have plenty) as I hope others will.
[snapback]221312[/snapback]​
K&P disaster?

I agree to an extent in that it takes our focus off of what we are here for, cigars. But. It sure does spice things up a bit around here and does make for some damn interesting reading. I didn't laugh too much at the K&P thing but some of the other **** that has been in the lobby lately has been funny as hell. But all of you should know by now that I love all inapropriate ****. That's why this :laugh: is my favorite little smiley face! This would be another one if we had it
devil-smiley-024.gif
. So I would say to keep the politics and racist issues out but otherwise
rockdevil.gif
ON!

atuck said:
I agree to an extent in that it takes our focus off of what we are here for, cigars.  But.  It sure does spice things up a bit around here and does make for some damn interesting reading.  I didn't laugh too much at the K&P thing but some of the other **** that has been in the lobby lately has been funny as hell.
devil-smiley-024.gif
.  So I would say to keep the politics and racist issues out but otherwise
rockdevil.gif
ON!
[snapback]221328[/snapback]​
K&P thing? C'mon guys...what did I miss...I can't find anything...

Edited: Okay..I figured out the who of K&P...but dunno what happened...probably best not to get into it...

Edited again: Actually found the thread by accident...whoa...definitely do not want to get into it, but I agree this is not the place for racial/religious discrimination of any kind at any time, under any circumstances...and I know whereof I speak as I have experienced it first hand (unnecessary to go into the why's or when's)...

atuck said:
That's why this :laugh: is my favorite little smiley face!

I like the
devil-smiley-024.gif
one for obvious reasons :whistling:

Seriously though, while I agree certain topics like racism & politics (not that I don't love political topics) don't really belong on this forum, I agree and disagree with certain opinions. As far as people getting offended, if they don't like the topic, don't read it. Yes, sometimes folks get carried away, but in the end they are allowed to have their own opinions.

Just my 3 cents ;)

Neuromancer said:
atuck said:
I agree to an extent in that it takes our focus off of what we are here for, cigars.  But.  It sure does spice things up a bit around here and does make for some damn interesting reading.  I didn't laugh too much at the K&P thing but some of the other **** that has been in the lobby lately has been funny as hell.
devil-smiley-024.gif
.  So I would say to keep the politics and racist issues out but otherwise
rockdevil.gif
ON!
K&P thing? C'mon guys...what did I miss...I can't find anything...

Edited: Okay..I figured out the who of K&P...but dunno what happened...probably best not to get into it...
[snapback]221333[/snapback]​

I figured the thread is locked so it will go away eventually but here is the K&P thing:

K&P Thing

edited spelling

Everyone should just treat people the way they want to be treated.

There is enough **** in the world. I look at this place as a place to come and relax and talk about cigars.

Hats off to Ray for summing up etiquitte as it should be practiced. :thumbs: I missed the whole fiasco and am glad I did.

I guess since I "started" the whole thing I should weigh in. The post originally was in the humorous light. It was something that was happenning in the real world and everyone should be aware of. We all have opinions and I figured that they would be expressed. In no way did I forsee it taking a turn such as it did. If I could take it back I would, but it is too late for that.

However, I will say that we are all adults (or almost all) here and we should be expected to act like adults. If we don't, we should be expected to be called out by others and take the consequences of our actions like adults.

Thanks,
Dan

Edited for spelling

First off, to GrandCru... point taken. But if you are going to go there, you should crop your sig photo so no nipples are present. Do I take offense, no, but checking the boards now that I am deployed is becoming harder and harder to do because of the scantily clad women. Do I expect you or anyone else to change their sig tag? Absolutely not, because that would be expecting too much. Why should you consider what other people think? It is by most peoples agreement that it is a free board to say what you think, and post (sig tag included)what you want.

But now that I went there, if you want the right to have that there, you can't rightfuully go and tell people to tone it down when you won't lead by example. I am not trying to single you out, because there are others in the same area of thought as you.

Politics, race, and religion will always be touchy subjects. Should they be discussed here? Maybe, maybe not. By board policy no, but does this policy, say bleed over to the chat room? Could someone make a post stating there will be a political discussion at such and such time in the chat room. If you are interested show up, if not stay away? I deem that perfectly acceptable.

By biggest rant while I am on this soap box is this, unless people here are willing to clean up their act as a whole, and self police, then this is a moot discussion.

Oh by the way, this is the lobby guys. Which means it will be off cigar topics in general. If it is a distraction, then dont read, stay in the cigar boards. Remember, it is your choice to read. If you don't like it, perhaps you made the wrong choice and not nessecarily the person who started the thread.

-E

I absolutely agree with you grand. Kudos for putting it out there. But I don't think Dan in his wildest imagination thought that someone would go to the extreme K&P went to

Brian

Gotta disagree with you Emo. You can turn off sig tags if you don't like to see em. Posts of KP's nature only serve one purpose and that is to inflame intentionaly..Something Ray does not mean to do. Granted the sig tag could offend...That is not the intended purpose IMHO.

Intent is the question here.

edited for spellin

emodx said:
First off, to GrandCru... point taken. But if you are going to go there, you should crop your sig photo so no nipples are present. Do I take offense, no, but checking the boards now that I am deployed is becoming harder and harder to do because of the scantily clad women. Do I expect you or anyone else to change their sig tag? Absolutely not, because that would be expecting too much. Why should you consider what other people think? It is by most peoples agreement that it is a free board to say what you think, and post (sig tag included)what you want.

But now that I went there, if you want the right to have that there, you can't rightfuully go and tell people to tone it down when you won't lead by example. I am not trying to single you out, because there are others in the same area of thought as you.

Politics, race, and religion will always be touchy subjects. Should they be discussed here? Maybe, maybe not. By board policy no, but does this policy, say bleed over to the chat room? Could someone make a post stating there will be a political discussion at such and such time in the chat room. If you are interested show up, if not stay away? I deem that perfectly acceptable.

By biggest rant while I am on this soap box is this, unless people here are willing to clean up their act as a whole, and self police, then this is a moot discussion.

Oh by the way, this is the lobby guys. Which means it will be off cigar topics in general. If it is a distraction, then dont read, stay in the cigar boards. Remember, it is your choice to read. If you don't like it, perhaps you made the wrong choice and not nessecarily the person who started the thread.

-E
[snapback]221391[/snapback]​

First, I don't see any nipples in my sigtag. ;)

Second, I'm not attacking anyone here, just making a point that I felt needed to be addressed. I think we are all guilty of making bad judgments here and there but it just seems to be happening a lot more lately.

Ray - I had a whole long post written, but I will respect your request to keep our thoughts to ourselves. You're absolutely right - this whole issue evokes VERY strong emotions. Having spent at least some time on the boards with you, you have always shown yourself to be a class act. Again, in this situation I see that VERY clearly (considering how I know you must be doing everything you can to keep from jumping into that computer screen in front of you).

Each of us have to prove ourselves worthy to the membership of this community every day we post. A respected member here can become dog fodder if the right set of circumstances presents itself. We can show illustration after illustration of that in some of the faces we've seen come and go.

One of the things Rod has asked all of us to do is to NOT post threads of a political nature. There's a damn good reason for that - politics and religion evoke the strongest emotions. It is almost guaranteed to become a flame fest and cause polorization.

I'm going to brew a pot of coffee, and pick through my humi.. Ta-taaa..

I guess I owe some people an apology. I saw a line crossed last night, and I just can't understand that way of thinking. I jumped on this board with my heart in my hand, used alot of words I don't agree with saying and jumped all over someone for there own personal feelings. And for the record, I'm apologizing for my language, not my feelings. :(

As for the Sig Tag issue, I personally know two or three guys who stop coming to this board because of the nipples and other images, Ray I love the pics, but don't want my boss to kill me! :D

BTW - those are not nipples in Ray's sigtag, they're areola's, danm it!!!

Since you know these guys you did inform them that sig tags can be turned off?

KayakinBoy said:
As for the Sig Tag issue, I personally know two or three guys who stop coming to this board because of the nipples and other images, Ray I love the pics, but don't want my boss to kill me! :D
[snapback]221412[/snapback]​

ggiese said:
BTW - those are not nipples in Ray's sigtag, they're areola's, danm it!!!
[snapback]221419[/snapback]​

Thanks George! I was hoping I wasn't the only one who knew the difference. ;)

I wonder how many people we have been offended by CP's logo. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.