• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone Else Risk the Wrath?

Spad31

Previously, on Battlestar Galactica...
SITREP: Wife will kill me (seriously) if I smoke a cigar in the house. Smell, you know. I did once...once. :angry: I barely survived the fury. Don't smoke in the house ever until...

...I got this for my mancave/office window. Pretty spiffy. Works great smoking a pipe in the house...dual air in/out simo fans...she hasn't complained yet...runs overnight, office smells all outdoorsy next morning.

Whaddaya think...worth the risk of a cigar in the house? Anyone else got a deadly, anti-cigar smell in the house wife? Seems like a thread I read here bottom-lined at changing the air, not trying to ozone or anti-oxidize or flux capacitor, etc.

LIMFAC: Window w/ fan is under desk...burning cigar on top of desk....you see where I'm going with this.

Bionaire BW2300 Twin Window Fan with Remote Control
419MMFEX2ML.jpg

On the off chance I try this against wiser judgement and am threatened with bodily injury, can I crash at your place? I'm a pretty decent Chef...

-Trey

Trey, have you smoked a cigar in the house with that yet? I think a cigar and the pipe are two different things brother. I have a few of the those fans but yet have braved trying them on cigars. I honestly don't think that will work on cigars bro.

I think the odor will still linger. Hell, you won't be able to relax sitting there making sure the smoke from the cigar, and your mouth, make contact with the fan.

I would say work it out with the wife. If she agrees to a trial, smoke one in a relaxed manner with no thought of the fan.

Otherwise, there are easier ways to commit suicide... :D

Light this! said:
Trey, have you smoked a cigar in the house with that yet? I think a cigar and the pipe are two different things brother. I have a few of the those fans but yet have braved trying them on cigars. I honestly don't think that will work on cigars bro.
Nope. Not brave enough. You're kinda thinking what I'm thinking. Hmm.

MadMonk said:
I think the odor will still linger. Hell, you won't be able to relax sitting there making sure the smoke from the cigar, and your mouth, make contact with the fan.

I would say work it out with the wife. If she agrees to a trial, smoke one in a relaxed manner with no thought of the fan.

So, how come the B&Ms (good ones) always smell so good? Hell, Gianni and I blazed up in his house and couldn't tell at all. Smelled all humidory, Spanish cedary...awesome. Aside from the air change angle, is there some maybe air jujitsu you'd recommend? 'Cause you're exactly right...relaxing with the smoke and worrying about the fan aren't a good combo.

-Trey

Spad31 said:

So, how come the B&Ms (good ones) always smell so good? Hell, Gianni and I blazed up in his house and couldn't tell at all. Smelled all humidory, Spanish cedary...awesome. Aside from the air change angle, is there some maybe air jujitsu you'd recommend? 'Cause you're exactly right...relaxing with the smoke and worrying about the fan aren't a good combo.

-Trey

I have a big HEPA filter in mine. Has regular and charcoal filters. Don't know if a smoke eater would do any better. I also have a Door Draft stopper deal that I got at Target, at the "TV" gizmo rack. blocks air from getting pulled out of the room by the A/C input. My son says he can still smell cigar in there. Pipes are a lot more friendly.

*shakes tiny fist*

But...but I WANNA smoke a cigar in my office! How else can I spend Q's inheritance buying cigars if not through a cloud of smoke at the comfort of my desk?

You're not helping me here, Danno...*shakes tiny fist again in impotent rage*

You're supposed to be Sensei! :cool: (rough Axl translation: "enabler")

Damned Monks...always "snatch the pebble, walk the rice paper, leave no trace..." BAH!

-Trey

MadMonk said:

Suggestion: get a rail mount for your body and pretend your a MOAB

I've been using one of those in my home office/smoking den for years now, ever since I bought my house.  Yes, the office smells faintly of cigars pretty much all the time, but you can't tell in the rest of the house.

Of course, I've been divorced for years and years now.  Can't really tell you if it works well enough for a wifey.   ;)

But my mother never mentioned a cigar smell when I'd have everyone over for family dinners, and believe me, Mom WOULD have.  :rolleyes:

~Boar

It all depends on your office space as well. If it's carpeted it doesn't matter what you do. Same for any type of fabric chairs, curtains, etc. if it's all wood and leather and you keep the door closed and use a door draft stopper the smell should dissipate by morning with that fan but I would use a air purifier as well. It seems to work fine in my smoking room even with a throw rug but I notice the faint smell of cigar on the rug if I smoke in there too often.

now depends if you believe it's better to ask forgiveness then permission or if in your house it's safer to get the wife onboard before any experimentation.

Either way, good luck

Seems like the perfect excuse to build a fancy "shed" somewhere on the property. And like all fancy sheds, it would need insulation, heating, cooling, a comfy chair...

They don't work on my wife, none of it. She has a nose a Bassett hound would be proud of.

Doc

There's no way you won't buckle to the temptation at some point, so when you do it, don't go halfway by trying a cigarillo. Fire up the biggest Cojonu you can find, and take it to the nub in a blaze of glory. Make any apology worth your time. Of course, I have no place to even attempt it in my house, so my lack of experience with the wrath is something you should consider. (DO IT!)

zeemanb said:
There's no way you won't buckle to the temptation at some point, so when you do it, don't go halfway by trying a cigarillo. Fire up the biggest Cojonu you can find, and take it to the nub in a blaze of glory. Make any apology worth your time. Of course, I have no place to even attempt it in my house, so my lack of experience with the wrath is something you should consider. (DO IT!)
See? See THAT's the enabling I was going for!

Cry havoc and loose the dogs of war!

-Trey

I'd rather have the Godfather pissed at me than my wife. She is the God of war and you know it Trey.

Dang it. Pug, you are correct, Sir. Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. :(

*shakes tiny beaten, broken, whipped fist*

-Trey

I risk it a few times a year when it is cold outside and I get a fire going in the basement, and smoke by the fireplace where most smoke exits the house. The ceiling fan is on, the door to the rest of the house is closed and post cigar I spray that smoke odor eliminator stuff. Not gonna lie, there is still an odor until the next day and I still catch some flak from the war dept, but she tolerates it a few times each year.

Do it......DO IT!!!!!!

BTW, Trey, everything has to do with air exchange, and air purifying. Calculate that any smoking lounge has to have an air exchanger able to move it's volume of air every 5 minutes, or better.

So, basically, if you have a 10 x 10 x 8 room, you have a 800 cubic feet room. Devide that by 5, and you need at least 160 cfm of air going out of your office. That will prevent smoke accumulation, and smoke odors lingering too much.

After that you need air purifying. Once you're done smoking, leave the air exchanger for a good 5 minutes, and turn on a good uv / ozone generation air purifier. Quality ones work wonders. I have had mine for 10 years, and still works perfect. After 20 minutes or so you'll be ledt with a woodsy odor, that's all! After 2 hours, all gone!

Gianni

My wife will sit on the porch with me while I smoke one with no problem.

But in the house?  I don't care what the system is or how well it works, my wife would destroy me.  End of story.

Several years ago, my wife was cool with me smoking in a room that I turned into a theater room.  However, over the years, I'm not sure what happened but she has gotten less tolerant with cigar smoke.  She acts like she is going to turn over dead if she comes into contact with it.  While I don't smoke in my house anymore, my new home in South Carolina has a good set up that works for me.  I have a third car garage where I put up my projector and 90" screen.  I bought a nice comfortable leather club chair and a fridge (full of beer of course) resides within stumbling distance.  As long as I keep the garage doors partially open while I smoke, it smells fine the next morning.